• Bluelight
    Shrine

A memorial
    to Bluelighters
    who have passed away

Post Pics Of Those Who Died From Drugs

Yeah, I don't have pictures on hand, but it actually does bring a tear to my eye, even people I don't know, especially these young ones that had no idea what was coming....
RIP

And now, the asshole part:
Anyone posting pics of celebrities that died from drugs in this thread is so retarded, they should be killed themselves!

Although I agree that some celebrities have glorified drugs etc... That is a very childish and immature thing to say...

Heart goes out to all that have lost love ones to drugs famous or not...

I personally have friends who have died of overdoses, and to post pics of curt cobain and Jim Morrisson misses the point, trivializes the whole thread and renders it meaningless....Did you really start an account on BL to bitch about my post?! Care to qualify by sharing any personal experiences or people that you've known that have overdosed or died from drugs?

I obviously don't think people think anyone "deserves" to die for posting a picture of a famous "drug celebrity" on BL, although it is a pretty fucking stupid thing to do, IMO......

I personally have friends who have died of overdoses, and to post pics of curt cobain and Jim Morrisson misses the point, trivializes the whole thread and renders it meaningless....Did you really start an account on BL to bitch about my post?! Care to qualify by sharing any personal experiences or people that you've known that have overdosed or died from drugs?

I obviously don't think people think anyone "deserves" to die for posting a picture of a famous "drug celebrity" on BL, although it is a pretty fucking stupid thing to do, IMO......

I agree with you. Posting celebrities just depersonalizes the thread.

This thread is the most sobering, sad and timely reminder to all of us to be careful, to care for our bodies and minds as much as possible.

To look after your friends and family, be aware as much as you can as to whats going on in peoples lives and to say something if you think things arnt right.

I hope this thread doesnt grow any quicker, if at all.

My heart goes out to all those who have past away, and to all those who have lost someone.

It's kind of strange, when I was in my early twenties, a lot of people moved on from the drinking and weed and psychedelics onto the heroin and cocaine and pills....and for a few years it seemed like a lot of people in my extended circle of friends died, particularly from heroin....that was the late 90s and it was very prevalent for a few years...

After that, for the next 8 years, it seemed like the people that didn't OD in the beginning just kind of dragged through lives as "druggies" for awhile, not really going anywhere or accomplishing much, but kind of surviving....

Now for the last few years in my 30s , a lot of people I know that have been using a ton of drugs for a long time have been dying....I personally know 5-6 people who have died from mixing opiates and benzos in the last few years....

Just last month my mom's best friends son, who has been an acquaintance of mine for years died from methadone and carisprodol(bad drug to mix with other shit).....I don't have a picture on hand though...oh well

For XBURTONCHIC

Dearest xburtonchic:
You just saved my life. I am on prozac, suboxone and Valium - I have been tapering my sub dose because I've been having mad opiate cravings. All I have found are 5/325 & 7.5/325. My usual dose is 70 mgs at a time... How many mgs of apap would that have been in one sitting?
Thank you.

Last edited:
The day my friends were murded and my life died 1991

heather.jpg
[/IMG]
207438_112811795530903_1753736481_n.jpg
[/IMG]
danae.jpg
[/IMG]
in loving, hurtful, angry, PTSD
memory of my high school friends who were young and foolishly in search of fun at any cost. Later each girl was to die for no reason in Kathy's home in an upscale neighborhood by the Pasadena Rose Bowl. the killers were two White Pride tweekers with nothing to lose. and a single gun shot to the head for each girl.. Disgusting end to a night of music, cruising,meth and alcohol. The girls bickered with two boys who should have never entered kathy's home and much less entered our lives. The boys had been locked out of Kathy's guest house where she stayed and threw daily parties. Parents were never home.
boys, 16 &17 killed them in search of veengance? provocation? a joke turned sour?.. the boys broke into Kathy's main house, located a shotgun and ammo- in Kathy's step dad's closet (not locked- we all knew he collecyed guna and had played with them before) crawled back up and ambushed the girls. Kathy and Heather were awake and taken by surprise. They were shot first. My angel, Danae, was asleep in bed. Fetal position. They aimed at the back of her scull and took her away from us.
Assholes washed their clothes in washer downstairs, cleaned themselves up. Ate something and made plans. They stole Kathy's mom's Mercedes and drove to Oregon to meet one of their dads . A dirt bag white pride POS.
A week before this incident Kathy and I argued about our wreckless behavior. Out of anger my last words to her were: "if you don't slow it down you'll end up dead". I didn't mean it. I just wanted to scare her. She laughed and called me a spazz.
Heather "Tinker" 1972- march 1991
Kathy feb 14, 1973-march1991
Danae sept.12,1973-march1991

My life will never be the same without any of you.

Dave & Vinnie. I hope your premium Aryan asses are being torn daily.

Last edited:
Just went through this threads, condolences to everyone. Moving stuff, too many too young =(

RIP to all that were really just searching for answers, peace, and to be comfortable in their own skins. All my best to everyone.

No lie, this is really sad.. I know people die everyday from drug ODs its nothin new but bein a member of this BL community n seeing so many ppl, most young, who were members of this same community passed away prematurley due to OD, is sobering.. Who were close friends with some of u all, its almost kind of surreal.. My condolences to all of those whos friend or relative on here passed away. Im no stranger to knowin the pain u get from losing friends around u, not cool.

My cousin died from a drug overdose when I was 14 and before I really knew about drugs. I dont know 100% for sure but I think it was heroin related. I never had anyone I would consider an "inner circle" friend pass away if that makes sense, but I know a few people who were friends of inner circle friends that have. Two were from heroin overdoses and the other was from a combination of benzos and alcohol. And that's just people I would talk to on a somewhat regular basis, there's a lot of people I wasnt really friends with but knew who they were and would recognize them if I saw them in the street that died too. It is hard at first but life stops for nobody.

There is a grieving time that should be allocated for sure, and you always want to remember the person for the good times they had, but in the end, we must all move on. It's not like everyone is going to live forever anyway, and if I were to die of an OD I would not want people to feel suffering over a choice I ultimately made in the end.

Of course it's not that easy because life is never that easy. But the greatest advice my grandfather ever gave me was at my cousin's wake. He was pretty quiet throughout the whole affair (I mean, even for a wake he was quiet) and I'll never forget as we were walking out after the last pass byes and everything he just looked me in the eye and said "Don't do what he did and trade 40 years of your life for 40 minutes of happiness."

And at the time I was still pretty naive to everything about drugs so I was just like "uh yeah sure I wont" and just kind of forgot about it for a while. But looking back now after having used opiates and other drugs, I realized he was exactly right.

You need to think about all the time and effort people have invested into your life. And I realize not everyone has the most stable and supportive family, and that sucks because those are the people that make you feel the most empathetic. But if you have a family that cares about you, or even someone who cares enough about you to post your pic in this thread to keep your spirit living on, just take a long and deep look at what opiates really are. Because if you leave this Earth, not only are you wasting your life, but you are forever scarring anyone who has ever truly cared about you.

I'm not going to preach to anyone here because everyone must come to their own conclusion about moral choices in life, because we all have different morals. But I would hope that all of you at least have the moral of not wanting to harm people you are close to. So the next time you're thinking about doing that next shot, or driving home from the bar because you cant get a DD, or doing that speedball, just take a second and think of anyone who's ever given up a moment of their time to help you out.

Because if they are kind enough to give you at least a moment, you sure as hell dont want to make them give up the rest of their lives wondering what could have been.

Sorry for the long post but I've just thinking a lot about this stuff lately because until you actually see someone there one day and then never again, it doesnt truly sink in how tragic it is.

And until we all meet them again on the other side just keep your head up and know that nobody disappears from existence entirely, we are all just constantly reforming into new matter and as long as you keep the memory of these people in your hearts you can know that somewhere out there their spirit is still infused within this ever fascinating and changing universe.

I just lost my best friend/love of my life to heroin OD two weeks ago. I'm broken.
214_10831007546_7712_n.jpg

I never thought I'd have to post here. I can't believe he is gone. He is no longer struggling with his addiction. But I would give anything to have him back.

148307_498422816862404_657014036_n.jpg

Last edited:
its one thing to hear about people in the middle of a heavy iv heroin habit dying from an overdose but,

my friends dad topped himself after a 20 year (we think) functional cocaine addiction. after being found out and coming off the coke he tried to kill himself once, then around a month later did it for real.

people often think that you can play around with hard drugs, and you can but you can seriously mess your head up and even if you dont OD the depression you are left with can be fatal.

a lesson for all to moderate your use of hard drugs like cocaine

^ i cannot imagine being a long time addict of cocaine. I mean i've been addicted to heroin numerous times and it has a stronger pull than coke. But coke has those awful crashes, doing your last line and feeling impending doom about to come hit you. I cannot imagine going through coke crashes every day, harsh.

This entire thread makes me sad. :( rest in peace.

Two guys I went to highschool with who OD'd on heroin or some form of opiate or OD'd somehow in their early 20s. Another guy I went to HS with died while driving drunk in his early 20s.

A friend who hung himself in his early 20s and another friend who did it at 27. :(

Harrison K, on the right
30567_10151412644801242_1142197739_n.jpg

He should have turned 21 today, but instead he died exactly 6 months ago :(. I think back on all the times I've ODed, including last week, and I wonder what was so different between him & me.

Last edited:
My father died from an opiate overdose after 9 months of sobriety, he was 49 years old.I have the deepest compassion for anyone who has suffered such a tragic loss... losing my dad has been a painful inspiration for me to quit using myself.When i am in the pains of withdrawal and desire to use- i think of him and it gives me strength(but also makes me cry) Im so sorry about your sister- RIP