• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] Rainbow Serpent Jan 25-28 2008 REVIEWS!

One more sleep!

Popavich and I and some others, I think NIcktheCheese and Kat and a few others are going to try and meet at 2pm at the Chai tent on Saturday (Edited Kat :D). For those new to Rainbow...look for a purple (I think) coloured stall selling chai with lots of hippies sitting under it on cushions. Just outside it should be sweet. Hope you can make it!

Last edited:
I think it will have a sign saying "The Holy Cow, Samosa Chai" or some such...Failing that, look for me humping the left speaker during Son Kite. I'll be wearing a brown cowboy hat with feathers in it, wearing a camel bak and grinning wildly.

^ 2pm on which day, my good man? :D

I'm leaving tonight. Huzzah.

Hokay:

Meetup - 2pm Saturday at the chai tent =D

I'll be taking some blue paper along anyway and will post a message in the info tent.

If anyone is going to have cb radios, pm me (in the next few hours) and I'll let you know what channel we'll be on as our camp has a set.

said it in the BDO thread...

I canned all rainbow plans for Bjork..,... and now she has canceled!!! FFS!!! so tempted to ditch the crew and drive south tomorrow morning

Just got home. My god. Life changing experience, opened my eyes to a whole world that i never knew, one based on happiness and respect. Never seen so many people completely loving life and enjoying the moment, from all walks of life. I'm truly mind blown, still trying to comprehend what i experienced in the past 2 days. Unfortunately had to come home today, but loved every second of being there.

Next year here we come.

Unfortunately got way too messy to enjoy it fully and take more footage, but here is a short clip of a banging set on the friday night. Was so fucking epic, i still can't get over it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=plYklB0FCFw

Last edited:
Youre home already?? It doesnt finish till 6pm tmw! Are you working tmw...

The sound on your video is really clear. Nice work :D

Mate had his gf's birthday tomorrow, so had to come home much to my disappointment. Smashed it way way way too hard friday night, so yesterday was just a munted mess, but there is always next time. We were unprepared as fuck, but thats to be expected i mean it was our first rainbow and went there with no expectations but still had a cracker.

Can't wait for next year. Unfortunately didn't make the BL meetup but i wasn't all there at the time, would have been very challegning.

Haha I tried to pack for Rob to make sure he had everything...food, water, everything else but he won and packed. So im sure he didnt take everything.

Did you manage to catch Son Kite?

If you could bottle the doof spirit and euphoria and give it to me that would rule =D Im over events like EC, Rainbow and doofs in general. Still love the day ones and local ones but not long hauls...

Unfortunately no, im fairly pissed off because they were one of the main acts i was keen to see. I'm not going to be overly vocal about it, but me and my mates were completely usless yesterday and even today, we couldn't tell left from right, little own make our way to a stage that we couldn't even see.

It was all part of the first rainbow experience, i knew the first time would be a jumbled mess. Next year is the time when ill be able to experience the full festival.

How Good was Rainbow Serpent

Well for an oldie like me who is new to the scene, what an eye opener Rainbow Serpent was, I had an awesome time.

The feeling of the whole place was amazing, great people, great sounds, good food and great feeling Friday and Saturday night.

Some amazing sets (really got into Space Tribe) and dancing through the sunrise Sunday morning was fantastic. Roll on RS '09.

Would be interested to here what everyone else thought %)

Keep Rolling
=D
Baysieguy1

Immortal Teknique said:
Just got home. My god. Life changing experience, opened my eyes to a whole world that i never knew, one based on happiness and respect. Never seen so many people completely loving life and enjoying the moment, from all walks of life. I'm truly mind blown, still trying to comprehend what i experienced in the past 2 days. Unfortunately had to come home today, but loved every second of being there.

Next year here we come.

Unfortunately got way too messy to enjoy it fully and take more footage, but here is a short clip of a banging set on the friday night. Was so fucking epic, i still can't get over it.

http://youtube.com/watch?v=plYklB0FCFw

Amen to life changing experience Immortal, nice vid work, think you must have been pretty close to where I was dancing all night, had a great time Friday night, sorry to let you know though, Saturday night at the main stage was awesome.

Keep Rolling
=D
Baysieguy1

Yeah i can imagine. We ventured over there a few times throughout saturday arvo and night, but it was too much at the time.

Next year, ill be more prepared!

randomblondeboy: Fucking pisser! We could see that ball from our camp, and we were absolutely in fits. We were picturing thousands of balls filled with people just hurtling down the hill.

Ah classic!

Great event as usual, but it's getting a lot busier these days.

edit: speeling

Last edited:
it was tops!!!!
we had dirt, dust, heat, water trucks, great food, random hippy nudity & some good friends. what else can a poor boy ask for eh? :)
this was my first rainbow & first multi day event. i had such a good time that I'm definitely going back next year & am also planning a trip to matreya.

a big shout out to all the people who helped me have one of the best weekends ever. you know who you are <3