• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[Melb] Rainbow Serpent Jan 25-28 2008 REVIEWS!

shorza said:
Wow pekkie, i don't think i have ever met you.
I look forward to it.

As well as you other bluelighters too.
No I don't believe we've met yet, or if we have it would have been in an environment with way too many people. :)

Personally I'm really looking forward to this now. I've been ummming and ahhing about the event for months, but I've got friends from work going so I bit the bullet and bought some tickets. Hopefully I've still got it in me to handle a 3 day outdoor event. :D

^Pekkie, i really hope we can meet up! I've booked my flights, the rental car, got my ticket and have organised to borrow some camping gear from a friend in Melbourne. I'm going down with some melbourne bluelighters (Katmeow & co) but am really wanting to put some faces to names as well. :D

I've not been to an outdoor event this big (or for this long) in years - i'm so excited!

Samadhi - yeah you can bring a wicked camper, and any camper for that matter ;) You cant take a vehicle into the tree camping area, but you can camp in the main camping area with them :) You should tottttttttally come, id love to meet you!!! And yay katmeow! Havent seen you in foreverrrrr!

I think it goes without saying that ill be there ;)

Ill be holding a market stall wiht my friend, so, you will all know where to find me :):):):):) w0oooooooooo!

Taliana! Fantastic, i'll definitely come looking for you :D

pekkie said:
Hopefully I've still got it in me to handle a 3 day outdoor event. :D

My friends and i as some of the most jaded people you will ever meet when it comes to 'the scene'. But not Rainbow.

You'll have a ball. See you all there.

Not long now…hope you have started the countdown to Rainbow (I know I have) well here is the latest news

The location has been announced YAY!!!!!!

sitemaprainbow.jpg

DIRECTIONS

FROM MELBOURNE
Take the Western Highway [M8] past Ballarat and continue on till you reach Beaufort [about 20 minutes past Ballarat]. This is your last stop for food, drinks, petrol, etc so stock up. Just as you enter the town turn left at the traffic lights (Lawrence St, there is a supermarket on this corner). Follow this road (becomes Skipton Road) for about 6km headed for Skipton. Watch for signs and slow down to make a right turn. Drive carefully down this dirt road till you reach the checkpoint. All turns will be clearly marked. Total travel time under 2 hours from Melbourne. The checkpoint will be operating from midday Thursday till Monday. Remember there is no access to the site until midday Thursday, so do not turn up earlier than this.

FROM SYDNEY
Drive to Melbourne. Get onto Western Highway (via Western Ring Road) heading for Ballarat. Follow instructions as from Melbourne.

FROM ADELAIDE
Take the freeway heading for Melbourne. Pass through Arrarat. About ½ hour after Arrarat you will be approaching Beaufort. Look for the traffic lights at Lawrence St just after the main strip of shops, turn right here and follow instructions as from Melbourne above.

TRANSPORT
Keep an eye out for updates on flight specials, busses and car pooling notices. Also note that a V/Line train service now runs from Melbourne to Beaufort. Updates on this service and connecting shuttle bus to the event site will be posted.

Watch this space for the latest updates

OK I really wanna go to this...............so who would be up for a bluelight meet up at some stage?

MAZDAN! I'd TOTALLY be up for a meetup :D

Mr Samadhi isn't attending this with me, i'm driving there and camping with a crew, and it would be so good to see some extra familiar faces as well. :)

Well, you all know where ill be to meet me ;)

Dont ask for taliana though. Ask for martha. (that be I)

I'm looking so forward to this. It will be my first Rainbow Serpent & I have a super cool crew to go with. :)

Now all I have to do is pick up my ticket tomorrow. %)

I ordered my ticket on the 13th december and it hasn't arrived yet. :(

Also, i've tried calling them and emailing them. Has anyone got any other contact details for greenant ticketing aside from the 1300 number (which noone seems to be answering or returning messages) and the web form? I just want to talk to an actual person about this.

:(

Last edited:
The ticket situation is all sorted. THanks to DJWEZAL for helping me out - i'll buy you a chai at RSF for sure buddy. Thanks again :)

2 weeks from today ill be all set up and stomping to some Rainbow Choonage!

Fuck yes!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

=D =D =D =D :D :D :D :D

Hoping to leave sydney sunday...... sooooooo much organising to do still gawd. See you all lovelies there. Dont forget to come say hi samadhi and other bl'ers i might know!