• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

Biggest Buzz Kills

If smoking a cigarette and eating food kills your opiate buzz, you need to upgrade your opiates or take more!

you may be right about this one. but i'm stingy about spending more money and try/do various things to keep my tolerance under control. that in itself can be a buzzkiller lol but it also pays off for long term use

^lol

Getting trapped with people who don't shut the fuck up. I'm tryna' get my nod on & you wanna fucking jibber-jabber like you shot some meth? Fuck off and fuck you.

haha. preach :X

thr other week dad was wsnting something frome out of my room. i told him just wait a minute. that ill bring it out.

little did he know i was about to shoot up. so i put the tip in and register and start pushing.

BAM

dad comes in.

"fuckin hell i dont need to see this shit"
"well dont barge in my room when ive said ill bring it out"

so he stood there watching me finish my shot. that was a buzzkill in the beginning. i got high from it of course.

dads done this a few times over the years.

Chest pains is an awful buzz kill or having a constipated shit.

thr other week dad was wsnting something frome out of my room. i told him just wait a minute. that ill bring it out.

little did he know i was about to shoot up. so i put the tip in and register and start pushing.

BAM

dad comes in.

"fuckin hell i dont need to see this shit"
"well dont barge in my room when ive said ill bring it out"

so he stood there watching me finish my shot. that was a buzzkill in the beginning. i got high from it of course.

dads done this a few times over the years.

my dad would kick me out the house or call the police for that.

dad knows i shoot up obviously.

im 27 and live with him. he hated it and tried kicking me out when i moved to his at 20. he hasnt accepted it but is tolerable.

shoulda seen his reaction early in the days when i shot up in the kitchen right behind him. he wasnt impressed at all.

benzo-addicts. when I'm on opiates or cocaine (the only illegal drugs I really do regularly), people who take a lot of benzos annoy me so much. They're so slow and unfocused, and I'm typically trying to buy drugs off of them, so buying, say, some acid or some adderall, which should be a 10 minute process, becomes a 2-hour ordeal, without exaggeration.

Ugh i used to do that with also, our kitchen looks out into the living room and a few times i shot up at kitchen counter while she was watching tv trying to not look my way. Its not like she could kick me out it was my place. Disgusting behavior im ashamed of it.

Buzzkills
The phone ringing over and over
Stress or when something scares me or makes me nervous and i get a rush of adrenaline, kills my high
Cops driving behind me
Basically being in the vicinty of an officer, such as going into 7-11 and seeing all them buying snacks or something

dad knows i shoot up obviously.

im 27 and live with him. he hated it and tried kicking me out when i moved to his at 20. he hasnt accepted it but is tolerable.

shoulda seen his reaction early in the days when i shot up in the kitchen right behind him. he wasnt impressed at all.

You don't even try to be discrete about it? :\

of course i am. i respect my dad doesnt like seeing me do it so i contain shooting up to my bedroom or sometimes a bathroom fix. unless ive the place to myself and not expecting him anytime soon. he knows what im doing when im getting my gear ready to boot up.

early in the days whenthings were still tense i was a lot more disrespectful. nowadays we talk openly about using.

for all he could have known i was having a wank. i was in my room where he knows i do it. he could have waited as i asked instead of me yelling 'yo just hittin myself dad. ill be out when im cleaned up' you know?

ohshea said:
The phone ringing over and over

:!This

I'm not a big phone fan to begin with. I know I'm old fashioned, and etiquette isn't moving in this direction now that everyone has a reliable cell phone, but I have a hard time seeing it as rude to choose not to answer my phone if I don't feel like talking to that person right now. Or, to put it this way, I take issue with the expectation that I be reachable at anytime by anyone who has my number. I'll always listen to the voicemail and always get back to the person the same day, if it's not urgent.

What really kills my buzz when I'm not sober is when an ignored phone call is immediately followed by another one (or more!) from the same person, followed by a text or voice mail giving me shit and/or insisting I call back right away. I'm not angry at the person, so much as cursing my luck -- I really try hard to plan any drug use for times when I'm not anticipating any urgent serious business requiring my full faculties coming up.

Both times this past year when I've been on vacation, I've received phone calls from my coworkers, meeting in my absence to discuss scheduling issues, and wanting my input right then and there. Both times the call came when I was fucked up, and I resented it immensely. My coworkers apologized profusely for bugging me in the middle of my vacation -- I tried hard to hide both my intoxication and my annoyance, and must have not done the best possible job of it. I wasn't mad at them, but very annoyed on principle, especially the second time it happened. Don't I have the right to be unavailable when I'm on vacation?

My wife and a good friend of mine have both told me we're moving towards a world where professionals essentially never leave work, and are going to be expected to be on-point and ready to talk business 24/7, 365. I'm certainly not looking forward to this brave new world.

What's really at the bottom of all this is one of the oldest and strongest utilitarian arguments against recreational drug use, less true than it was in the caveman days, but still salient: We live in a world where survival favors those who are always ready at a moment's notice to deal responsibly with unexpected situations. To deliberately put one's mind in a state where that may not be possible is utterly foolish from an evolutionary perspective, and irresponsible from a civic or socio-ethical perspective. I don't ultimately agree with this viewpoint, but I will acknowledge that it is a logically sound and worthy challenge, that any mature drug user who hasn't completely given up on life and society must answer in kind.

Getting taken to the hospital because you're tripping too hard, and not realise that you are in fact 1) delusional and 2) unaware of the fact you're being taken to a hospital due to said level of tripping, and then getting strapped down to a bed, have a IV drip put in your arm, and left to trip out in the darkness with no-one else around... even after I realized what was happening and asked for Risperdal or Seroquel, or if those were unavavaliable, a strong anxiolytic benzodiazepine, very clearly.

(oh, that was fun :|)
This happened to me twice. The second time I was too far gone to give a urine sample so they catheterized me.....which as a man assuming that lovecraftesque evil beings are inserting a brain controlling eel into your member can be a pretty big buzz kill.

Cunts looking for a fight in a club. Just let everyone have fun dancing and take your booze filled aggressiveness elsewhere. Also UK bouncers and their attitudes interrogating you before you go in. So annoying being all excited about the night ahead with a shit hot DJ to get the third degree murder questions fired away at you. Puts a right downer.

When you're with a group of people and that one fucking couple, you all know at least one, that has to get in a huge fight. The guys that get too damn handsy when you just want to chill and, you know, not be molested. Overly paranoid people. The guy who won't just shut the HELL up, even though its clear no one is listening. There always has to be a damn philosophical stoner. Or when, right when you get good and high, someone starts in with, maybe we should quit getting high, do more with our lives, etc. Yes yes, but does it have to be right now?? Maybe I just needed different people to get fucked up with.

Feeling your meds kick in and ready to walk to the liquor store only to check the hours and find out the government doesn't allow me to have alcohol until 9 am.

Realizing that your guys new stuff is not h at all, but some sort of fentanyl china white bullshit. And the day after after hearing that two of your friends OD'd on this stuff (both are still with us, thankfully) that if you had chosen to shoot up while home alone last night instead of testing the batch out first by snorting it that you would not be around to tell the tale. The realization that death was a very real consequence of a decision that you nearly made.

Realizing that your guys new stuff is not h at all, but some sort of fentanyl china white bullshit. And the day after after hearing that two of your friends OD'd on this stuff (both are still with us, thankfully) that if you had chosen to shoot up while home alone last night instead of testing the batch out first by snorting it that you would not be around to tell the tale. The realization that death was a very real consequence of a decision that you nearly made.

Sorry to hear that, man. Take care.

And yeah. Hearing about the dangers of what you're doing, or having a "close call" where you realize you almost took the wrong stuff or too much.

Not long ago (my first benzo experience) I added 1mg of etizolam to half my usual oxy dose, not considering that I had been dosing oxy all through that day.
I didn't feel much so took another 40mg oxy. I started to kick in and I feel euphoric and relaxed at the same time.
Next thing I know I regained consciousness 22 hours later with a straw in my hand and a pile of powder in front of me that turned out to be 2mg etizopam and 40mg oxycodone.
If I had passed out just 2 minutes later I would have snorted them and probably stopped breathing in my sleep.
Scary shit.
It sure has made me ultra-cautious about mixing drugs.

When you're with a group of people and that one fucking couple, you all know at least one, that has to get in a huge fight. The guys that get too damn handsy when you just want to chill and, you know, not be molested. Overly paranoid people. The guy who won't just shut the HELL up, even though its clear no one is listening. There always has to be a damn philosophical stoner. Or when, right when you get good and high, someone starts in with, maybe we should quit getting high, do more with our lives, etc. Yes yes, but does it have to be right now?? Maybe I just needed different people to get fucked up with.

Yes all of this

Buzz kills haha. Lemme see yeah when yer hittn the rock an get real frustrated cuz ya can't find that huge rock you were savin for the end...

Smokin weed with ppl who are dumbfucks when they high

Accidently blowin out before snortin an havin yer drugs fly everywhere

Missin the vein/registerin but losin it again. Then the blood is in syringe too long to safely shoot up an so ya waste drugs

Anytime when drugs are wasted

Annoyin people

Realizin yer short a few $ an can't buy more

Havin responsibilties after ya get high

Gettin into those never endin arguments/disagreements

Findin out yer tolerance rose an the amount ya bought ain't gonna get ya to were ya wanna be

Much more