The Big & Bearded Post Rock thread v. Relate & Recommend bands

I hope so. I mean, they're fairly well known given the circumstances but people are missing out.
I really should grab the remaster. I'm about to peep "Breadcrumb Trail" the doco they released with it.
I wonder if they pressed the new master on vinyl

I like Evpatoria Report. But they sort of fit in that bracket of Mogwai coat tailers. Not in a bad way though.
But their 18 Robins Road song or whatever has a completely stolen from Mogwai section during the last 6 minutes or so.
When I'm less lazy I will post the two tracks so you can hear for yourself.

For now here's a couple Hrsta tracks for anyone interested.

You can really hear how Mike Moya played a big part in GYBE. There is lots of leftover GYBE in Hrsta

^ At 6 minutes it really is pretty indistinguishable from a GYBE track imho.

My favorite HRSTA track. And you're right, the influence is huge. Doesn't quite have that 'wall-of-sound' that hits you in the face the way Godspeed does, but hey, sometimes I don't want that. Sometimes I want a more mellow, chill, subtle kinda post rock.

Yeah Godspeed. Hell yeah dude.

So pissed they didn't open for NIN and I got stuck for stupid explosions in the sky for my portion of the tour.

Fuck.

But yeah, so fucking good.

Back TTT for this thread, yo...

in the Summer of 2004, I went to the Knitting Factory (old location on Leonard, or whatever it was) to see SUNN0))) and High on Fire. SUNN0))) was so fucking deep and penetrating -- the experience felt like a religious rite. i had probably been chasing the dragon earlier that night.