• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How to test heroin potency

johanneschimpo said:
Cute. Funny. Sadly accurate.

But in all seriousness, around here, having an attitude does not help you one bit. People see that attitude, and even if they have the exact answer you're looking for, are turned off and won't help you. Its nothing personal, but if act right around here you can get a lot more in return. Also patience for more people to chime in helps, because you never know if the person who can answer your question exactly only visits this site ever so rarely, and they're going to come in and help you when they can.

I didn't have an attitude until phrozen kept saying the same thing over and over and then some other guy chimed in and made some snide comment that he wouldn't have made had he read the first paragraph.

phrozen said:
I told you MELTING POINT TEST twice!

Other than that compare it to whatever the hell you want to. Compare it to Oxy then convert that to morphine. You seem to know the answer already, why ask us and then be a dick when we respond?

PS: Go fuck yourself.

I wasn't a dick until you kept replying with totally uselss answers. I understand it is subjective, pretend you could quanitfy it, ok? It is just a hypothetical question, it is not that hard to do. And, i thought that comparing it to morphine would make sense because every other opiate/opiod on Earth is compared to morphine and seeing how heroin and morphine are quite similar, it would be a logical choice. And i don't know the answer. If I did, I would n't have wasted my time asking. The process I described made sense to me, but I never studied math or chem any more than I had to in order to satisfy my GE requirments. I thought that some people here knew that kind of stuff, but I guess I was wrong.

P.S. This is the last I am going to post in this thread because I obviously am never going to get an answer to my original question, which was will that work or not. If a high is to subjective for your fragile mind, how about the amount it would take to kill someone. There, that is a set amount for each person. Sub that in for the high in the original question. Also, aren't you the moderator phrozen? That is how the people that run this site act? You get frustrated and start telling people to fuck off? Very 7th grade. I actually respected your knowledge and liked your posts up to this point. But, fuck you I guess, if that is what we are doing now. See, I can be a keyboard tough guy also.

anyone??

Would someone be good enough to respone to my IV-ing Adderoll inquiry. Thanks in advance

heres something if u have acess to oc, oc is 4.5x roughly wealer thhan morphin making in a mg to mg basis it should be about 9x stronger than oxy (h)
calculation 3mg oral morp (33% ba) 2mg oral oxy (high ba) iv ba 100% so that would take the 3:2 ratio and multiply it by 3 9:2 iv morph vs oral oxy, making it 4.5x stronger, heroin being around 1.8 stronger it would be around 9x stronger than oral oxy, and oral oxy has a high oral ba so why snort it?

...how about the amount it would take to kill someone.There, that is a set amount for each person. ...
That's would not be the same for each person. Well, unless you're talking about an ungodly amount and someone with no tolerance. What you're asking for is the LD50, lethal dose for 50%. I've never seen an accurate figure for that. (It would certainly vary based on tolerance, ROA, natural tolerance, sex(maybe?), weight, etc)

gethigh said:
heres something if u have acess to oc, oc is 4.5x roughly wealer thhan morphin making in a mg to mg basis it should be about 9x stronger than oxy (h)
calculation 3mg oral morp (33% ba) 2mg oral oxy (high ba) iv ba 100% so that would take the 3:2 ratio and multiply it by 3 9:2 iv morph vs oral oxy, making it 4.5x stronger, heroin being around 1.8 stronger it would be around 9x stronger than oral oxy, and oral oxy has a high oral ba so why snort it?

dude read that back to your self does it make any sense ??

are you trying to say that oc is weaker than morphine?

if so you need to read up on the relative strength of the two drugs oxy is stronger than morphine on a mg to mg basis

to the original poster the method you described would in theory work but it would only be good for you because everyone reacts to the different drugs in different ways

the poster that recomended weighing then doing an a/b extraction then weighing again i think that would give you a better rough estimate

the fact is the only way to tell purity is in the lab with equipment most of us dont have access to sorry i know you knew that but it really the only way to do it

jaroben said:
i just compare a bag to an OC 80

exactly i just put the bags in terms of oxycodone....usually around here a $10 bag of decent H is atleast 40mg of oxy.

ive had shitty bags where i felt it was only 20-30mg and ive done strong bags where it was atleast 70-80mg.

To the OP:

To answer your question, though not in the way you were wanting I guess, no, this won't work. You just can't use a subjective thing like perceived high to derive quantitative data. You cannot reliably clean up your heroin as some others suggested either, unless you know what exactly it has been cut with and have the means to remove each of those agents.

If it helps, the only heroin I can be bothered to mess with getting is a PITA to acquire (not off the street) and is extremely clean. I'm not really down with buying sketchy bags of stuff I know is going to be cut with who knows what from some street thug, and its rare here anyway. About 15mg of that seems to be on par with around 30mg of pharmaceutical morphine (so I can be certain of how much of that I'm taking). That would seem to be in line with potency of heroin in relation to morphine reported in the literature, so I'm pretty sure the H I'm getting is very pure and a decent basis for comparison. The heroin does not last as long but hits me a lot harder and faster. Morphine makes me itch so fucking bad I make my skin sore clawing at it though. :/ Heroin doesn't do this anywhere near as bad, even at much higher doses.

Hope that gives you some rough idea, but I wouldn't really depend on those sorts of comparisons to try and guess at purity and determine doses.. doesn't sound safe.

Last edited:
I never noticed a difference in duration time between heroin and morphine. (roa's being equal, of course)

I almost never take morphine iv due to the tingly-poky feeling/bouts of extreme itchiness that follow, so I could easily be distorting it in my head. I don't do anything iv often for that matter. Its usually nasal for H, rectal for morphine (morphine drip is NASTY.. and doesn't kick in full-force in 3 min or so like H). So yeah, I'm probably mixing that up in my head a bit. The morphine definitely feels about 1/2 strength though IV, that I can be certain of, as w/ no tolerance I pay super close attention to my doses. Getting that headache and puking my guts out from taking too much is not something I enjoy.

I've never seen the importance of why so many people want to know the exact purity of the dope they're doing, except for dicksizing reasons, the ol' "My dope's better than yours! Neener-neener neener!". Unless you work in a lab and have access to a GSMC or what-ever they're called (i obviously have no idea :p ) there is NO way to tell.. If a little gets you good, then it's good dope! If it takes a bunch, then its not-so-good dope! Its all subjective, even then. Purity varies batch to batch, and I'm sure bag to bag, even of the same stamp/batch/whatever.

I hang around a bunch of oldhead dopers (like 50-60 years old) and they ALWAYS bs about the good 'ol days in the late 70s-80s. They will argue with me about how pure it was back then, even though we all know it was only 1%-10% pure MAX. They just didn't have a tolerance then.

Actually, the other day I picked up a bundle, all the same stamp. One day, I did 3 bags, and got pretty comfortable. The next day, I dumped out 2 bags, and the count seemed higher. I did those two, then woke up an hour and half later. Those 2 KNOCKED me on my ass, even though three the day before didn't even have me nodding much. That usually doesnt happen often, though..

I hang around a bunch of oldhead dopers (like 50-60 years old) and they ALWAYS bs about the good 'ol days in the late 70s-80s. They will argue with me about how pure it was back then, even though we all know it was only 1%-10% pure MAX. They just didn't have a tolerance then.
Yeah, almost of all of them say that. You're right about their dope being weaker though. Good quality dope, at least in the US, only came in the 90's.

Actually, the other day I picked up a bundle, all the same stamp. One day, I did 3 bags, and got pretty comfortable. The next day, I dumped out 2 bags, and the count seemed higher. I did those two, then woke up an hour and half later. Those 2 KNOCKED me on my ass, even though three the day before didn't even have me nodding much. That usually doesnt happen often, though..
That's true as well and often overlooked. Purity varies, even within the same stamp and bundle.

syyth007 said:
I've never seen the importance of why so many people want to know the exact purity of the dope they're doing, except for dicksizing reasons, the ol' "My dope's better than yours! Neener-neener neener!". Unless you work in a lab and have access to a GSMC or what-ever they're called (i obviously have no idea :p ) there is NO way to tell.. If a little gets you good, then it's good dope! If it takes a bunch, then its not-so-good dope! Its all subjective, even then. Purity varies batch to batch, and I'm sure bag to bag, even of the same stamp/batch/whatever

Curiosity, man. or maybe a lack of desire to do something sketchy.

to me there is either good dope or bad dope....

heroin can never be too potent IMO....if its really pure i can shoot LESS!

bulldog8b said:
I wasn't a dick until you kept replying with totally uselss answers. I understand it is subjective, pretend you could quanitfy it, ok? It is just a hypothetical question, it is not that hard to do. And, i thought that comparing it to morphine would make sense because every other opiate/opiod on Earth is compared to morphine and seeing how heroin and morphine are quite similar, it would be a logical choice. And i don't know the answer. If I did, I would n't have wasted my time asking. The process I described made sense to me, but I never studied math or chem any more than I had to in order to satisfy my GE requirments. I thought that some people here knew that kind of stuff, but I guess I was wrong.

P.S. This is the last I am going to post in this thread because I obviously am never going to get an answer to my original question, which was will that work or not. If a high is to subjective for your fragile mind, how about the amount it would take to kill someone. There, that is a set amount for each person. Sub that in for the high in the original question. Also, aren't you the moderator phrozen? That is how the people that run this site act? You get frustrated and start telling people to fuck off? Very 7th grade. I actually respected your knowledge and liked your posts up to this point. But, fuck you I guess, if that is what we are doing now. See, I can be a keyboard tough guy also.

Aside from whomever is being a dick to whom, there is one way to be mathematically precise about the purity of heroin.

On Erowid there is posted a fairly involved chemistry procedure for purifying "street" heroin. I'm not suggesting the inaccurate, unintelligent morons who post "MY dope is 99% pure! All your narcotics are belong to us" actually do it, but it's a fantastic, safe, effective way to A) remove all adulterants from your drug, B) ensure a constant dosage, from bag to bag, dealer to dealer, and from day to day, and C) conveniently store your heroin in solution in dose-sized packages.

Anyway, I tend to agree with folks that a subjective comparison between a morphine experience and a heroin (plus whatever the heroin is cut with -- could be powdered sugar, percocet [including acetaminophen -- brilliant], morphine that didn't finish the AA reaction, 6-monoacetylmorphine, cocaine, amphetamine, anything) experience is semantic at best, and useless at worst. The placebo effect alone would throw everything off track, to say nothing of the psychopharmacological effects of opioid ingestion (e.g. the strange property of opioids, especially when used by dependent persons, by which location and setting can influence the subjective strength of the drug).

But yeah, someday (when I feel safe around heroin again -- IF that day ever comes) I'm going to learn enough chemistry and buy the equipment to execute that procedure. I've only ever had pure heroin once, and it's an experience worth repeating.

diacetyldeath said:
... and C) conveniently store your heroin in solution in dose-sized packages....

This is not recommended unless you are going to use it very soon, as heroin in solution will break down.

^
And you have to worry about bacterial growth.

Yeah, thats a good point. You can buy preservatives for solutions like that, but I doubt anyone storing their drugs in a manner thats going to degrade them is going to have that lying about, or have any idea how much to use.

^
Do you want to be shootin' "preservatives?" I don't.

phrozen said:
^
Do you want to be shootin' "preservatives?" I don't.

Medical preparations have preservatives in them, like benzyl chloride at a fraction of a percent of total content, to prevent bacterial growth. If you've ever used bacteriostatic water, prepared medical ampoules, or had IV drugs in a hospital, you've had them IV. So no, I don't have a problem with it... I'd rather not have my prepped solutions go bad on me (like vials of ketamine, etc, that I keep around for fairly long periods of time). I just wouldn't want some fool putting way too much of something like that in there... as fools tend to do after not reading the directions. :)

In any case, I can't imagine something used to keep pharmaceutical preparations safe from bacterial contamination being any worse for you than whatever might find its way into street drugs.

Last edited: