• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

how to inject heroin

IForgett said:
Keep crushed up suboxone near by in case of an OD. I swear. Listen...

Just recently I had to take care of someone who OD'ed and went unconcious. I crushed up a quarter of 8mg (2mg) suboxone pill and placed the powder under their tounge. They were breathing very slightly and had a pulse but I was giving CPR for the next 15 minutes in the backseat of the car while driving to the hospital (the hospital is seriously 5 blocks away from where we were, which was the dope spot, which means we couldnt call 911) in hopes it would wake them up, but it wasnt working, then all of a sudden, when I was gathering breath of my own (I was actually on the brink of an OD, the heroin was much better than we had originally thought, so I was struggling to stay awake too) they snapped out of it. The opened their eyes and sat up as if nothing happened. They were breathing fine and had no trouble staying awake from that point on. It was amazing, but I would bet my life that it was the naloxone and quite possibly the buprenorphine in the suboxone that reversed it.
Naloxone is only active via IV.

Wow, amazing to see how much information is out there.
Some,crazily enough, is wrong.
(see above post by soundthecymbals)

Naloxone, or Narcan here in the US, is administered by IV, IM,SQ,ETT, or IN(Intranasal).
Intranasal is nice because many addicts have poor veins, and frankly starting IV's on people with a high risk of having HIV/HEP is not fun.
http://www.merginet.com/index.cfm?pg=medical&fn=IN_narcan

Ask a doc for an RX for Narcan, many MD's in inner cities are more than willing to give you the script, as it will save someone's life,and for the MD they won't get a smelly heroin OD in their shiny clean ER. New Mexico was #1 in the NAtion for OD's, but they're doing better now that they educate users, and provide IN NArcan to users.
http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/63174.html

Cold water, ice cubes up the butt, milk, showers,smelling salts,hot coins- these are all "noxious stimuli", and are good for waking people up that are a little sleepy. (never did figure out the milk though...)

Once a person is not just sleepy, but unconcscious and breathing very slowly, it's too late for the home-brew folk-remedies. It's time for the ambulance guys.
Oxygen, airway control, and Narcan are what will save the person's life.
Shaking them, freaking out,stealing their dope, leaving them under a garbage can, or crying alot, will NOT help them.
Ambulance guys won't call the cops unless someone is being an ass to them first. So be nice to the nice guys.Be nice even if you think they're rude.
In some areas the pt isn't even taken in to the ER, they are left at scene after NArcan is given.

Driving to the ER while trying to do some f**ed up version of CPR in the back seat is a recipe for disaster.
I mean really, are the stoned guys driving really in any shape to be driving, is the pt or the "rescuer" actually wearing a seat belt?
Can they even find the ER, mush less the car keys?
IS the CPR in the back really effective?
Doubtful at best, criminally negligent at worst. ( A favorite of mine is when I went to a car wreck at 3 AM; 4 patients, 1 dead, all were stoned on heroin, trying to take the now-dead guy to the ED. They hit a parked semi-truck at about 50mph.oops.dead guy was mixed into the front dash, somewhere between the stereo and the heating controls of a little Jetta.Driver was arrested after she cleared the hospital 3 or 4 days later.)

Call 911, take him outside.
The ambulance guys won't come into your little head shop if he's outside.
Blow into his mouth if you can figure out how.
Hold his hand.
Don't do more dope until he's left the scene.
Tell the truth about what he took.
Be safe.

Last edited:
onceuponatime said:
Wow, amazing to see how much information is out there.
Some,crazily enough, is wrong.
(see above post by soundthecymbals)

Naloxone, or Narcan here in the US, is administered by IV, IM,SQ,ETT, or IN(Intranasal).
Intranasal is nice because many addicts have poor veins, and frankly starting IV's on people with a high risk of having HIV/HEP is not fun.
http://www.merginet.com/index.cfm?pg=medical&fn=IN_narcan

Ask a doc for an RX for Narcan, many MD's in inner cities are more than willing to give you the script, as it will save someone's life,and for the MD they won't get a smelly heroin OD in their shiny clean ER. New Mexico was #1 in the NAtion for OD's, but they're doing better now that they educate users, and provide IN NArcan to users.
http://www.freenewmexican.com/news/63174.html

Cold water, ice cubes up the butt, milk, showers,smelling salts,hot coins- these are all "noxious stimuli", and are good for waking people up that are a little sleepy. (never did figure out the milk though...)

Once a person is not just sleepy, but unconcscious and breathing very slowly, it's too late for the home-brew folk-remedies. It's time for the ambulance guys.
Shaking them, freaking out,stealing their dope, leaving them under a garbage can, or crying alot, will NOT help them.
Ambulance guys won't call the cops unless someone is being an ass to them first. So be nice to the nice guys.Be nice even if you think they're rude.
In some areas the pt isn't even taken in to the ER, they are left at scene after NArcan is given.

Driving to the ER while trying to do some f**ed up version of CPR in the back seat is a recipe for disaster.
I mean really, are the stoned guys driving really in any shape to be driving, is the pt or the "rescuer" actually wearing a seat belt?
Can they even find the ER, mush less the car keys?
IS the CPR in the back really effective?
Doubtful at best, criminally negligent at worst. ( A favorite of mine is when I went to a car wreck at 3 AM; 4 patients, 1 dead, all were stoned on heroin, trying to take the now-dead guy to the ED. They hit a parked semi-truck at about 50mph.oops.dead guy was mixed into the front dash, somewhere between the stereo and the heating controls of a little Jetta.Driver was arrested after she cleared the hospital 3 or 4 days later.)

Call 911, take him outside.
The ambulance guys won't come into your little head shop if he's outside.
Blow into his mouth if you can figure out how.
Hold his hand.
Don't do more dope until he's left the scene.
Tell the truth about what he took.
Be safe.

good advice.

onceuponatime said:

I know you're being serious but that brought on the lols :D

IForgett said:
Keep crushed up suboxone near by in case of an OD. I swear. Listen...

Just recently I had to take care of someone who OD'ed and went unconcious. I crushed up a quarter of 8mg (2mg) suboxone pill and placed the powder under their tounge. They were breathing very slightly and had a pulse but I was giving CPR for the next 15 minutes in the backseat of the car while driving to the hospital (the hospital is seriously 5 blocks away from where we were, which was the dope spot, which means we couldnt call 911) in hopes it would wake them up, but it wasnt working, then all of a sudden, when I was gathering breath of my own (I was actually on the brink of an OD, the heroin was much better than we had originally thought, so I was struggling to stay awake too) they snapped out of it. The opened their eyes and sat up as if nothing happened. They were breathing fine and had no trouble staying awake from that point on. It was amazing, but I would bet my life that it was the naloxone and quite possibly the buprenorphine in the suboxone that reversed it.

while well intentioned this is badd advice

never give more of any drug to an OD victim unless it is naloxone and you know what you are doing

giveing the guy bupe seems like a good idea but its not

driveing the victim to the ER while you are on the verge of your own OD is a really badd idea also

"Once a person is not just sleepy, but unconcscious and breathing very slowly, it's too late for the home-brew folk-remedies. It's time for the ambulance guys.
In some areas the pt isn't even taken in to the ER, they are left at scene after NArcan is given."

Great advice, I can't argue a bit of it, but just to add what did happen when I OD'ed,(in a small redneckish community with a fitting police department with lots of cops with nothing to do, ex I get stoped for ridding my bike without a helmet a lot, yeah that boring), ok I OD, my cousin calls 911 and says someone is unresponsive, 3-4 cop cars and 6 cops show up and barge in before any emts or ambulances, their not even really looking at me, (according to my cousin of course after the fact), they made my cousin lay me down, he was holding me up so I wouldn't choke so much, they were completly more concerned about what drugs were to be found and what paraphenila was around, they found a rig, dirty or not I don't know, no dope, but I went to jail after the hospital for the rig, which are legal to posses without a script in my state, charged with a misdomeanor even tho a rig with residue is a felony and a rig with nothing is just that nothing, I even asked how I was being charged like that and the guy was STFU your lucky to be alive.

Anyways moral of my little story, throw everything outside, maybe put it into a random ceral box in your kitchen, or somewere off the property if you have time. I know its a hectic time but its worth taking an extra 60 seconds disposing of shit/hiding it while the help is coming, I don't suggest you run around doing all this before you call 911, by all means do that as soon as the person won't respond and is uncouncious.. but if you live in a po-dunk enougth place the cops will harrass you..

I was with a friend in a large metropolitan area and someone OD'ed and it played out just like you said, cops showed up for 5 min after the firetruck and ambulance, they did take the guy cause he'd recently tried to commit suicide and they didn't know if it was another suicide attempt, but they didn't search just gave us the eye and dirty looks all around. All in all they took him and left in 15 min, cops didn't even come on just talked to the ambulance guys outside real quick and left, guess they had more important things to do, unlike in my po-dunk town.. oh and on other occasions in that same metro city, they've revived the person and left them once they were stable.. I got to visit a hospital and get an MRI for a grand total of $1200 + $240 for narcan,ambulance, and oxy lines... BS.

Anwho just adding my expierences..

johnnyb420 said:
while well intentioned this is badd advice

never give more of any drug to an OD victim unless it is naloxone and you know what you are doing

giveing the guy bupe seems like a good idea but its not

driveing the victim to the ER while you are on the verge of your own OD is a really badd idea also

I dont know if you meant it, but you quoted a modest mouse song. I thought that was funny.

Theoretically, giving someone suboxone is basically just like giving them naloxone. Suboxone causes precipitated withdrawals if taken too soon after other opiates. It should work the same way in an OD scenario. It has a lot less potential for respritory depression, and is generally all around a safer opiate than many others. I do see where you are coming from, but I dont think it is something that someone should never do.

I do realize it isnt a very smart idea to administer more drugs to an OD victim, I agree with you there, but I dont think a very small amount of suboxone will hurt. I have no way of knowing if it was the suboxone that reversed my friends OD, but the way it played it out, it looks like it could have been.

Also, I wasnt driving. I was in the backseat with my friend who OD'ed performing CPR. We were with 2 other friends who were fine and one of them was driving.

bianca-butt said:
ok I know i know, not smart

Sorry folks, train wreck waiting to happen. Get a pro to show you or don't bother unless you know someone with medical training. srsly WTF you can nod heavy from smoking why chase the high?

"Oxygen, airway control, and Narcan are what will save the person's life.
Shaking them, freaking out,stealing their dope, leaving them under a garbage can, or crying alot, will NOT help them."

Certainly this is a serious topic we're talking about here, but I couldn't help but bust out laughing when I read this.

maybe a harm-reduction guide to IV heroin by the pros might be useful? similar to the iv amphetamine one that some guy wrote... guides like these are an asset to bluelight imho...

TheodoreRoosevelt said:
Chill out. It takes an extremely high amount of heroin to die, tolerance or no tolerance. There have been studies that have shown that it takes upwards 1.8 grams of heroin to overdose to an opiate naive individual (although OD50 is much lower, that was probably an OD10 or something). It only takes like .1-.2g if you're opiate naive to get high. So quite a big margin there.

I'd like to see some sources for your "studies" you speak of. I call bullshit. If I shot 1.8 grams of the dope I get today, I'd definitely fall out and die. Are you fuckin kidding me? That type of comment is very wreckless and dangerous to say to someone who doesn't have a clue. "Hey chill out, heroin is safe! Shoot away guy!" Stupid, very stupid and naive. To be quite frank, very small amounts of potent heroin could easily kill someone with no tolerance to opiates when used intravenously. Show me your source for your studies man, until then, please don't post garbage like that here on the harm reduction forum board. Thanks.

^ it depends on the strength, obviously it varies massively... pure heroin is MUCH lower LD50 than street H, obviously due to purity

edit: anyone interested in writing the iv harm reduction guide?

telling someone how to become a fucking junkie? things like that could be the start of a horrible path. how do you feel about promoting a site that tells kids how to become herion addicts?..

so is that better?

anyone who wants to iv will do so. a guide would reduce a lot of damage from harmful "non-safe" injection, this is a non-judgmental harm reduction forum. noone is telling you to iv, but if someone is gonna do it anyway, safe information should be available for all.

Honestly the study was a real long time ago and it was European.

Basically, the finding of the study is that heroin overdose, to a fatal level, is extremely high.

It did say explicitly, that it took 1.8 grams to overdose in some opiate-naive individuals.

It was such a long time ago, I'm not gonna bother to defend it. I know there was a study for it, and I know the information is somewhere out there.

I did say very clearly in the original post, that it was not referring to LD50, and probably was referring to LD10.

i watched someone, a guy who had been shooting up for several years, overdose on a single balloon of heroin. we didnt weigh his bag, but each balloon was generally in the range of .12-.15.

i would get high off half a bag, and totally wasted off of a full one. i even overdosed a few times...

1.8g? im with everyone else... thats bullshit! (or youre getting the WORST 'heroin' ive ever heard of!!!)

Lophophora said:
telling someone how to become a fucking junkie? things like that could be the start of a horrible path. how do you feel about promoting a site that tells kids how to become herion addicts?..

so is that better?
why are you on bluelight?

s1ck said:
why are you on bluelight?

You mean this isn't where we come to find out the latest on k-mart sales?

Damnit, what the hell have I been doing here....

i mentioned bluelight to my parents once in passing...

last week i literally got asked why i was so obsessed with kmart... ;)