Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Benzedrex - experienced - like adderall

malfunkshun

Bluelighter
A few weeks ago I heard here on Bluelight about the benzedrex inhalers, so of course, I had to try it for myself. I've consumed several of those inhalers during that interim, and thought it was time for a trip report... actually, this is more of a description of what I found is the best way to use them.

First off, it is best to do these is on a full stomach. If you have an empty stomach, you will absorb all of the 'good stuff' very quickly, you'll come on very quickly, your buzz will leave you very quickly, and your come down will be worse. On top of a lot of food, it takes a lot longer to absorb, so coming up takes a lot more time, but the buzz lasts a lot longer... although it isn't as intense.

I've never soaked the cotton... I always just eat them after cutting it into three pieces. I haven't had any problems yet, and I've done quite a few of these lately, sometimes a few hours apart. I've heard some people say they've had 'blockage' problems, but so far I've experienced none. The taste is quite nasty, but I find that if I put the cotton on my tongue (not near the back of the throat) and swallow it quickly with something that has a strong flavor like orange juice, I hardly taste it at all and I don't gag.

Usually (on a full stomach) it takes about an hour to start coming up. From there, it comes on slowly for about another hour, until it feels like I've taken about 3 or 4 adderalls. This feeling continues at full power for another two hours normally, and during this time I am very chatty and euphoric. For some reason however, I don't feel the craving to smoke as much, which is really wierd, because usually on speed I smoke like a chimney. Don't ask me, thats just how it works (for me anyway).

After a good three hours, I start to come down somewhat. The comedown lasts for about another two or three hours until I am almost completely back to baseline. I can usually sleep just fine if I don't take it too late in the day... 3:00 in the afternoon is usually the latest I'll take it unless I want to be up until 2:00 in the morning. I can always get to sleep though, no problem, and even eat on the same day too, which is never the case with adderall. If I take enough adderall in one day to actually catch a good buzz, I can forget about food and sleep for at least 24 hours. Thats one thing I like about the benzedrex, I can sleep and eat on the same day.

This report assumes that you take it on a full stomach. If taken on an empty stomach, take the description I just told you and cut it by half time wise, with a higher buzz by about 1/2. The problem with taking them like this for me is that when I do come down, I have extreme anxiety and my stomach feels very yucky and empty. My mood also goes way down and I just feel like shit overall. I've done it both ways many times, and invariably I always feel a lot better coming down if I've taken it on a full stomach.

Another thing about the benzedrex when compared to adderall. With adderall, I can never dose again the next day. Even after I've come down and slept a good eight hours, I still have to wait through that day too (basically two sleeps) before I can dose again, or else I will just get extremely jittery and anxious. With the benzedrex, I can dose again right after my first buzz is coming down and kick it back in full speed (however, the comedown really sucks if I do this). After I sleep it off, I can dose again the next day and get the same effects. Only once have I had a negative experience, and that was when I tried to dose three days in a row. The third day, I felt the great euphoria, but it only lasted for about 30 minutes and then the rest of the day I just had that horrible empty stomach anxiety and dread feeling.

So, based on my personal experience with these benzedrex inhalers, take them on an empty stomach and don't dose twice in one day unless you're willing to pay with the come down.

Tagged by Xorkoth
substancecode_propylhexedrine
substancecode_stimulants
explevel_experienced
exptype_positive
roacode_oral

Last edited by a moderator:
what do you think about using them for something like studying? For improved concentration? too Euphoric?

Beenhead said:
what do you think about using them for something like studying? For improved concentration? too Euphoric?

this was one of the reasons i first tried it, and sadly its a big letdown in that department. i feel this drug produces euphoria similar to amphetamine (adderall), but it doesn't posess the same utilitarian aspects. i feel some what scattered-brained on it.

Beenhead said:

I would say yeah (good for studying, that is). When I'm high on those, I am a lot more focused. For example... I can spend hours on these or other forums. Also, there is a book I recently finished. It started very slowly and it just couldn't hold my attention for long enough for me to get interested on it. I read it when I was on the benzedrex and immediately got into it. Finished the whole thing in almost one sitting like that.

edit: One thing I forgot to mention in my report. I bought one of those recently and there were no 'ingredients' in it. It was just a piece of regular cotton. No scent at all. I took it anyway to see if it was some kind of new formula or something but nope, that thing missed the 'soaking process' somehow in the factory. Wierd.

malfunkshun said:
edit: One thing I forgot to mention in my report. I bought one of those recently and there were no 'ingredients' in it. It was just a piece of regular cotton. No scent at all. I took it anyway to see if it was some kind of new formula or something but nope, that thing missed the 'soaking process' somehow in the factory. Wierd.

LOL, you got a bunk benzedrex.

I used to abuse these things quite a bit, the buzz is way euphoric. The one thing though I think it's lacking when people compare it to Adderal is the speedyness. I feel great and clearheaded but also lazy. I just want to sit there and feel good, not really motivated to do much. Sometimes I take one at night and fall asleep during the peak because it feels so good, really addictive.
I also have to agree that a full stomach is the way to go. I too have noticed the high is really short followed by a harsh comedown when taken on an empty stomach.

also, key to preventing a bad comedown is consuming lots of sugar! I can't give you a scientific explanation but it has something to do with glucose and how benzedrex releases it all into your body. Just from experience though, sugar is a lifesaver.

Great Trip report btw! +1

My fiance likes to take adderall to study, but sometimes they are hard to find and at a premium. I wouldnt want her to take it before a test and then not want to study, so if you guys are mixed about it I probably wont mention it. I try to tell her that she dont need that stuff to study anyway!

Is an interesting report though, I hadnt even heard of them till the last report. :) I always love your stuff Malfunkshon!

Thanks for the kind words folks. It sure is a lot of fun writing those trip reports while speeding on benzedrex. :)

I wish I wasn't affected so negatively by propylhexedrine (Benzedrex). It makes me feel horrible and cracked out and like I'm about to pass out. Not to mention the nearly psychotic mental shift and smoke-like visuals on smooth surfaces. To me it's like a combination of Dramamine, too much ephedrine, and sleep deprivation. No thanks!

Nice report, definitely matches my experience with Benzedrex, although I haven't noticed a big problem with the comedown.

I have gotten "bunk Benzedrex" also. It wasn't totally bunk, but there was nowhere near 250mg in one inhaler I got. Seems like their QA is a bit lacking.

Tolerance does build fairly quickly with propylhexedrine. I have taken about a dozen over the course of about six weeks, and it definitely does not affect me as strongly as it did the first time. I will probably have to start using 1.5 inhalers' worth instead of just one.

Im suprised at how active this is seeing how its basically meth but with cyclohexane instead of benzene, meth IS an aromatic correct?
The shape of propylhexadrine is much different than meth, withthe cyclohexane ring changing conformation so much

Beenhead said:
Im suprised at how active this is seeing how its basically meth but with cyclohexane instead of benzene, meth IS an aromatic correct?
The shape of propylhexadrine is much different than meth, withthe cyclohexane ring changing conformation so much

apperently the ring isnt even needed for stimulant activity. look into 1,3-dimethyamylamine, it is an active stimulant.
here is a pic originally posted by Riemann Zeta (its shown at the bottem of the image).

qwe said:
is this when walgreens employees get capped?

I actually did toy with the idea of asking for my money back, but I realized it'd be a little weird to show up with a wet piece of cotton.

Good report and interesting food for thought.

I'm curious about one thing - those of you who have taken this compound and have taken (solely) dextro-based stimulants + (solely) levo-based stimulants, which would you liken propylhexedrine to?

My personal experiences with conventional stimulants aren't sufficient to provide conclusive comment on dextro or levo forms but I found:-

i. methylphenidate to cause levo (ergo - adrenergic?) effects - excessive peripheral CNS activation, frequent urination, appetite suppression, nausea but nonetheless a brief and somewhat euphoric unnatural high (which did lead me to abuse->regret->re-dose->regret and crash time and time again)

ii. dextroamphetamine to cause dextro (ergo - dopaminergic?) effects - cognitive improvement, minor increase in CNS activity, appetite unaffected, no nausea but only a subtle yet natural elevation of mood (which is currently leading me to responsibly dose at, or below my daily prescribed level)

From the reports on erowid, I find arguments suggesting similar effects to both the above substances - what do the 'all consuming' BL'ers say?

I take Adderall and my tolerance is way high. After running out of a script I've tried Benzedrex a few times, and it felt exactly like my first Adderall highs. I was shocked, and pleasantly surprised. I thought I"d have a huge cross-tolerance but just one inhaler kept me going all day. I had energy, focus and euphoria, and got a lot done.

I didn't eat the cotton, I chopped it up and soaked it in orange juice for about 45 minutes, squeezed out the cotton and drank the juice. I figured that woud have diluted the effects but no, the effects are good.

I find this too good to be true and hope that I don't suddenly develop a tolerance.

I extract the crystals, wash them, dry them, and insufflate whenever I do this. I can'[t imagine eating the cottons because of the horrible camphor taste. IMO 2 benzedrex worth of crystals ($12 now? It's expensive) is like taking a line of meth. And yeah, it's not only a pleasant feeling, but is great for studying and concentrating.

Yeah I have tried the inhalers before. They had a great high, except the taste was so god awful I couldn't get it out of my mouth the whole experience. I liked the high because the comedown came gradually.

1. A lot of people overshoot. I would suggest 125 mg for people without tolerance to stimulants...or anyone's first time.
2. There is a dearth of information on this stuff...I couldn't find receptor affinities or anything. Consequently, we don't know how safe these are. I have reason to suspect that there is some 5ht efflux, indicating neurotoxicity like meth-amp.
3. People have died injecting extractions (who the hell injects something with oil of menthol and lavender?? ;)). I would suggest against alternate routes of admin, even insufflation.

ebola