• Find All Reports by Search Term
    Find Reports
    Find Tagged Reports by Substance
    Substance Category
    Specific Substance
    Find Reports
  • Trip Reports Moderator: Xorkoth

Benzedrex - experienced - like adderall

I got one and the SMELL of it TOTALLY turned me off.

I would have to gel cap the cotton and consume. I cannot for the life of me get that smell of lavender and menthol out of my nose, it disgusted me.

I have yet to try it, but i still have half a cotton left ( approx 125mg) ile let you guys know how it goes.

The reason for the coca cola with the lime is to be able to stomach drinking it. The coke's sweetness is helpful. The lemon is more acidic, but coke is also acidic. The combination basically makes it a lot easier to down.

However I have not done this in awhile and the thought of it right now makes me want to vomit...:)

Why not just lemon juice? Or even lime juice? I try to avoid carbonated beverages after eating benzedrex. Burping up lavender and eucalyptus isn't exactly pleasant, but I guess since you are eating something that is intended to produce vapors you are going to burp anyway...

BTW Just how "not good" is it to eat cotton (in small amounts)?

Couldn't say honestly. I remember reading this extraction method on 420chan long ago as well as a version that included cutting the cotton into 6 sections or something and putting them in capsules. The results were an amphetamine high with a god-awful comedown and a bad headache (I believe this was regarding the capsule method). This may have something to do with whatever else is in the cotton.

scared with adderall/ativan

I just took 90 mg XR and 1 mg ativan and my heart is acting really strage, it will stop and then go fast, am I going to be ok?

Old Today, 08:43 #21
panic24/7
Greenlighter

I just took 90 mg XR and 1 mg ativan and my heart is acting really strage, it will stop and then go fast, am I going to be ok?

You are probably misperceiving palpitations, but when in doubt, see a physician.

>>
BTW Just how "not good" is it to eat cotton (in small amounts)? >>

Each time, you run a minor risk of intestinal blockage. Even if the probability is remote, do you want to make an ER visit that you could have avoided with ~5 minutes of effort and ~15 minutes of patience?

ebola

@Panic24/7: you've got nothing to worry about, you're just being panicky. the 90mg of Adderall is a fairly low dose (considering what many take), plus it's extended release so it shouldn't hit you all at once, just gradually over time. Plus the ativan you took will, if anything, counteract the effects of Adderall as it's what they give you in the ER when youre overdosing on amphetamines (adderall, meth) or cocaine. On top of that, the ativan dose you took is pretty damn low. So no worries, you're just getting paranoid about your health.

I used to abuse these things quite a bit, the buzz is way euphoric. The one thing though I think it's lacking when people compare it to Adderal is the speedyness. I feel great and clearheaded but also lazy. I just want to sit there and feel good, not really motivated to do much. Sometimes I take one at night and fall asleep during the peak because it feels so good, really addictive.
I also have to agree that a full stomach is the way to go. I too have noticed the high is really short followed by a harsh comedown when taken on an empty stomach.

also, key to preventing a bad comedown is consuming lots of sugar! I can't give you a scientific explanation but it has something to do with glucose and how benzedrex releases it all into your body. Just from experience though, sugar is a lifesaver.

Great Trip report btw! +1
I'm with this guy on the lack of speediness. It's far more similar to Concerta/Ritalin than Adderall, cocaine, or methamphetamines.

I think the reason you need a lot of sugar is because it depletes your sugar levels by dumping all your reserves into your bloodstream. I might be wrong though.

@Panic24/7: you've got nothing to worry about, you're just being panicky. the 90mg of Adderall is a fairly low dose (considering what many take), plus it's extended release so it shouldn't hit you all at once, just gradually over time. Plus the ativan you took will, if anything, counteract the effects of Adderall as it's what they give you in the ER when youre overdosing on amphetamines (adderall, meth) or cocaine. On top of that, the ativan dose you took is pretty damn low. So no worries, you're just getting paranoid about your health.

I'm with this guy on the lack of speediness. It's far more similar to Concerta/Ritalin than Adderall, cocaine, or methamphetamines.

<shrug> I actually find propylhexedrine/Benzedrex to be pretty similar in effects to Adderall, except with a shorter duration. Can't steak for meth or coke as I've never tried them.

Also, I find propyl to be pretty speedy at times. It just depends on how much you take and what your tolerance is.

Sorry to bump this, but I actually got Benzedrex for therapeutic use today, and seeing this... And having two... I'd love to try it...
But the thing is, I'd taken my Dexedrine shortly before taking two sniffs of it and yes it's way late to have taken it, but I woke up late today... Anyway... I had to take a klonopin to calm down. The dexedrine should be wearing out in about 30 mins, but I have these two questions:

Can I have just developed a cross-tolerance from taking the two together, even though my dose was so minimal? (I once took Adderall and Concerta together. Took months without anything to get my tolerance down!)

If I used this recreationally, could my tolerance for my Dexedrine go up? I'm speaking about if I did so when I had no Dexedrine in my system. I'm thinking tomorrow.

Please answer quickly as I've got to go to bed soon (I hope it works...).
Thanks
C
Edit: I'll move my question to the BDD forum.

Last edited:
for those of you who are curious to try these but can't due to the horrible fucking smell/taste, cut it into pieces and stick them in between mashed potatoes. i read that on a erowid tr. swallow the potato lump like a giant slug down your throat, so it doesn't hit your mouth.

the only downfall to this stuff, like someone else mentioned, is they make me extremely scatterbrained. I like the motivation and fast paced drive it gives me, but I end up doing like 10 things at the same time. 8(

a fore warning to those wanting to give this a go for the first time

When I tried benzedrex, I cut them up in 3 pieces and shallowed. Within a hour or so I felt the come up, mild euphoria, and some tactile sensations I guess. Thats when it went down hill, I started to have a headache that felt like blood is rushing through the veins in my head, pulsing if you will. than the vomit, puked everything in my stomache out and than bile. the negative effects lasted 4+ hrs
When I looked in the mirror the next day my face had red splothes..like tiny red dots almost everywhere

Not sure if its due to a allergic reaction to the chem or the cotton. but just a little warning might save some people from entering hell and back

The oil of menthol in there and in particular the lavender can act as allergens.

Could be true.
Well, compare to ephedrine (which is of course garbage).
Perhaps the problem is that people go with such high doses of P.H. that they overshoot into the ridiculously adrenergic zone. Neophytes beginning with two inhalers (or an extract thereof) appear far more often than those who start with 1/2 of one (which I think is far more appropriate).

Also, IIRC, amphetamine-type stimulants can trigger H1 receptors in and of themselves.

ebola

a lot of people keep talking about the negative side effects but with a little bit of planning most of the bad side effects can be reduced or eliminated. first, the taste can be eliminated by wrapping the pieces of cotton with food, i use fruit by the foot. also, if the lavender burps are causing problems then just chew a piece of gum, it really helps. I sometimes get headaches but they go away as soon as i take some Excedrin. when i take benzedrex i also take 2 pepto bismal tablets to help soothe my stomach. the last thing to remember is to EAT SOMETHING. no matter how hard it is to do this it makes a huge difference when you come down. i know that everyone reacts differently to benzedrex but following these tips make it a much more enjoyable experience.

I tried some yesterday, I got my paws on a small amount.
Impressive, but my tolerance wouldn't let it do anything.
It seems only methamphetamine and dexamphetamine (pure dex) do anything for me now.
If I didn't have a gargantuan tolerance (which i'm quite far from proud of : /) to amphetamine I'd imagine benzamphetamine would be average for me.

Hey guys I was thinking of trying one of these bad boys can i still buy them at walgreens?? Also, what would someone consider a "safe dose"? I am kinda sensitive to adderall in a way that it makes my heart beat way too fast no matter how much I take. is this stuff a bit easier on the heart??

I've been considering Benzedrine for some time tow. Unfortunately it is unavailable where I reside. It seems to be a very potent stimulant much like "Benny's". Hopefully these inhalers don't meet the same fate anytime soon.