• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Dangers of Smoking Meth

Aftermath

Bluelighter
Hello....
I have smoked meth 4 or 5 times now,and i really like it, it is fun to do, but yes, i always rememeber moderation, i only do it once ever coupple of months, and i have a few questions....
Some one told me that smoking crystal meth is the worst thing you can possibly do, they said it is so dirty it will fuck your lungs right up, is this true?
They also said it was worse than smoking crack.
They said that if you hold your hit in that it will crystalize in your lungs.
oh, by the way, we use a glass lightbulb or a test tube pipe to smoke it.
thanx for any help
------------------
I dont like the drugs.
The Drugs Like Me.
-M.M

smoking meth is really bad, for some the great high is worth the risks. The smoke doees not crystalize in your lungs, as many will lead you to believe. This is not true, however many dangers from smoking meth are real. I know in many cases the user's teeth usually fall out, not all at once but eventually more and more will fall out
peace
------------------
So get nasty
Hold your own straight past me
Like an eclipse with a souped up chaseee
Pushin nine D
Creepin Close but im on the gas G
Can you feel me
As you fall in my slip stream
I'll take control of your wheel in your own Dream
Can't you see me
Im your Invy
Look in the mirror im what you cant see.......

yeah? if it does not crystalize in your lungs then why do you have to blow it out right away?
And i heard the only reason why peoples teeth fall out is because they smoke meth, and they are up for weeks and they dont brush their teeth, so their oral hygene fucks up.
is any of that true?
------------------
I dont like the drugs.
The Drugs Like Me.
-M.M

No, meth(or any kind of speed) is just bad for your teeth. It also lowers the amount of calcium in your body (wich you need for healthy bones and teeth). A lot of misery can be prevented by drinking a lot of milk.
I know a lot of people who've got totally f*cked teeth because of their speed-(ab)use. I use almost every day (amphetamine) and I went to the dentist today and my teeth are perfect! I drink about 2lt. of milk every day (sometimes more) - I am certain that this has a positive effect (not only on your teeth, but on other aspects of your health too - milk has a lot of proteins in it)

Yeah, I know...couldn't live without it. Ha ha!
'Give it a go!'

hey, thanks for the replys, but they didnt really answer any of my questions....
IS smoking meth worse than smoking crack?
Why does one have to blow the smoke out right away?
How dirty is meth really?
------------------
I dont like the drugs.
The Drugs Like Me.
-M.M

Most of the damage meth does to your teeth isn't from smoking it (although that doesn't help), it's that the meth increases the PH of your saliva.
Meth smoke prolly isn't good for your throat, lungs, etc, but the "crystalization" myth is bullshit. When you smoke anything, the chemicals are vaporized and absorbed by the lung tissue quickly, which goes into your bloodstream quicker.
If you're responsible with meth use, and take care of yourself - i.e. brushing your teeth regularly, bathing, etc. You can avoid having that horrible smell of exhaustion around you and your teeth falling out one by one.

It isn't worse than smoking crack. Crack causes many more ER visits than meth each year.
You have to blow it out fairly quickly because, although it feels cool, it is a hot vaporized chemical. Also, you can't breath air with a lung full of crystal meth, just like pot smoke.
The acute dangers of smoking are chemical burns to your mouth and throat and lungs. It can cause pulmonary problems, pneumonia, an irritated throat, etc. It is probably worse for you overall than snorting it, depending on what you value more (your nose or your lungs).
Meth can damage the teeth, not because it changes the ph in your mouth (hell a glass of orange juice does that) but because adrenalin (released by stimulants) increases CNS activity. Increased activity in the CNS causes decreased salivation (among other things) which can cause cavities and other dental problems.
[This message has been edited by AbraMontague (edited 05 July 2001).]

ph?, teeth dropping out?.. this all sounds a little if'y.. I would more likely put it down to the simple fact that you get the "dry's" when on any amphetamine, and if you guys ever have watched the colgate add. "Saliva is the mouths natural defense against plauque". hence no saliva, no defense... hence over time.. teeth get fucked..
Easy.
Chem
[This message has been edited by ChEmIcaL_NiGhT (edited 05 July 2001).]

Smoking meth is not good. Smoking crack is not good. Smoking anything is not good..
Why do so many crankWhores have shitty teeth (or a lack therof) is in part to a number of reasons -
1) Intaking the vapors of meth or what you think is meth.. honestly, while there is a lot of GOOD METH out there, you will come across a LOT MORE meth that is total crap.. there could be any number of chemicals and by-products in the shit you gas .. it might not be good to have these vapors in your mouth...
2) Meth-heads smoke meth, they have shit eating habbits, and forget to take care of themselves...
Worse then crack? Probably not...
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

wicked! thanks!
if you dont mind i got some more questions about my meth smoking....
Whats the real difference beteen snortin meth and smokin it? Does smokin it make it last longer? Whats the come down compared to snorting?
and i still dont understand why you have to blow the smoke out fast...becuase it can cause chemical burns??
------------------
I dont like the drugs.
The Drugs Like Me.
-M.M

In relation to snorting? It gives you one helluva rush.. a lot of people find they get no high from crack, but really get off from meth ... the high is VERY short lived, I mean, the rush itself can be measured in minutes, the high is cut down by many hours..
*TECHNICALLY* you should NOT exhale, as the "smoke" is simply the meth in a more excited state - of course the reality is that the "smoke" is meth plus whatever other chemicals were laying around someones kitchen.. so inhale, hold like you would any other smoke (weed), then exhale ...
YES, smoking meth can cause chemical burns/irritation around the mouth..
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

Sweet shit! now im smarter.
everyone i have been doing it with was always like "Inhale the smoke, and then exhale it right away or it will fuck up your lungs"
So, i Can hold it in as long as i would a toke from a blunt?
------------------
I dont like the drugs.
The Drugs Like Me.
-M.M

I'd say that snorting it...you don't get as mucha body buzz, and it doesnt last as long. Smoking it gives you more buzz for sure. I use to just snort it, then tried hotrails. My friend would say " I don't snort it, it's such a waste." But, I'd say it gives you more energy and less buzz, a little less long lasting. But smoking it is far more entertaining overall.
Thats just me. But smoking it is a lil' worse based on all the other replies (teeth, lungs, etc.) Just don't go full-blown tweaker, not sleep for days on end, not eat, etc. You should be allright.
All I know is that: Meth's recipe was bought with someones soul from Satan himself. It contains 50% chemicals an the other ingredient? Evil. 50% pure evil. It's far to good to be any good.
Hail Satan!

Either way it's going to fuck up your lungs, hold it as long as you like..
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

I thought I read somewhere that meth is actually an oil. Yuck! Oil in my lungs??! Well, who am I kidding. I'll probably be smoking some this weekend.

OK, so it is not dangerous to hold it in as long as you want?
Some one told me today that if you Cough when smoking meth you could explode a lung...is that true??
------------------
I dont like the drugs.
The Drugs Like Me.
-M.M