• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Adderall

FractalStructure said:
Btw, what is the point of the different salts in adderall? Yes, i know its ~72% dexamph (the two pure dexamph salts and two racemic salts). I dont mean "why do they have d/l-amph in there as opposed to just dexamph, what im saying is why not just have all of them as the same sulfate salt, etc? as far as i know it makes no difference, but i could be wrong.

^I have heard this was only done to patent the drug, but that may have been a rumor.

I myself cannot understand the different salts. Why not just 25% l-amphetamine sulphate and 75% d-amphetamine sulphate?

Btw. It was marketed as "Obitrol" (Obisity Control),a new weight-loss pill at the time(1965).It was taken off the shelves and re-marketed as a new ADD/ADHD drug,Adderall.

^according to wiki, which is a hit or miss source of info (but you gotta love it anyway, and this is completely unrelated but theres a wikipedia-satire site uncyclopedia.com, pretty funny shit). Anyway, this part had no citations but it says:

wikipedia said:
These four salts are metabolized at different rates and possess diverse half lives, therefore resulting in a less dramatic onset and termination of therapeutic action; as compared to single salt amphetamine preparations.

The average elimination half-life in adults for dextroamphetamine is 10 hours and 13 hours for l-amphetamine. Breakdown rates are affected by urinary and stomach pH, weight, gender, other medications, and age in the direction of +/- roughly 2 hours. Its effects are similar to other CNS stimulants of the same class and preparation

^okay I have understood all along that (levo)amphetamine and dexamph have different half lives and such, but I don't see how the different salts contribute to this... maybe they are metabolized at *slightly* different rates, this would not cause much of a difference once the drug is absorbed and we're not talking about adderall XR swallowed whole, so either way it wouldnt take long. I dont get why you wouldn't want a LESS DRAMATIC ONSET... (both in cases of therapeutic ADHD and recreational use). However, the crash is a different story, and Adderall's crash isn't too pleasant even at innocent 20mg doses. Also, I find the L-amph just makes things worse instead of making it "less dramatic" because I can feel the dexamph fading, but there is still some lingering stimulation for a few hours, which i think is safe to say would be the longer lasting L-amph.

The reason I say this just makes it worse is because when you come down from the "main ingredient" (dexamph) you're tired and your stomach is empty. However, since levo is still working, you're exhausted but you cant sleep. You're hungry but you cant eat. At doses of 50mg+ I find this effect to be equivalent to or worse than the crash i get from a night of rolling , lets say in total maybe 200-300mg of mdma throughout the night (without the serotonin dip, which i dont get from X anyway, to me it always feels like a strong amphetamine crash, and the rolls i would take are always MDXX only).

Here's another thing I wonder about adderall XR specifically... the beads. If you look closely there are two diff. kinds: white and yellow. From what i know, when taken normally the white beads are released IR and then the yellow are released about 4 hours later... but maybe one contains amph and the other dexamph? or do they all contain trace amounts of all 4 salts? The former would be great if u wanted to remove the pesky levamph.

EDIT: does anyone else notice the crash is worse when taken orally rather than nasally? I would expect it to be the other way around. Maybe less L-amph gets absorbed nasally or something of the sort?

^maybe it's just me not finding the presence of l-amph unpleasant. I've been playing with racemic (street) amphetamine sulfate for years now. I also IV it in unhealthy amounts. I'm no stranger to meth either.

livingonvalium said:
^maybe it's just me not finding the presence of l-amph unpleasant. I've been playing with racemic (street) amphetamine sulfate for years now. I also IV it in unhealthy amounts. I'm no stranger to meth either.

^No, I hate l-amph too. In my post i stated that clearly. I mostly feel it towards the end since it lasts longer than dexamph, and as i said before, i hate that cuz all pleasant feelings are gone but the stimulation is still there and ur tired but still uncomfortably wired, hungry but no appetite, tired as fuck but cant sleep. As for street amphetamine, i was talking about this earlier on another thread somewhere.. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE SELLING ILLICITLY-MADE AMPH IN THE US, and especially near me. Meth is a different story, but here in NYC the people that like uppers tend to stick to coke, mdma and im prescribed adderall, but so is everyone and their mother (adderall and vicodin are def wayyy overprescribed, but hey im not complaining.. lol). You can find meth too if you wanted to (i just dont know many people that do methamph, ive come across it several times tho). However whenever I go to LA or anywhere in cali, meth everywhere. Still, once again, never heard of street amphetamine. And if you're using racemic "street" amph (if its really a racemic mixture) that would be an equal amount of D/L-amph, and more L-amph than adderall. i could be wrong of course.

sars said:
Search engine, use it.

Provided you have the tablets, which you don't, it *can* be snorted but it's not worth it really. High doesn't last as long and you're gunking up your nose with alot of fillers.

Don't snort the balls, it won't help the absorption at all and you could actually irritate your nose very badly.
I completely disagree except for the last part. I think the high lasts pretty much the same amount of time as oral use, maybe slightly less by more euphoria, and i also find that taking it orally produces significantly more uncomfortable/jittery/anxious effects. As for "snorting the beads" ive heard of people doing that before, and it seemed to be the fucking dumbest idea in history. I don't even see how it would work, besides going up your nose and back down when it starts to drip (which would be the same as oral use)

Don't snort adderall! It will tear up your nasal passages really bad. Just eat it or plug it. If you want the rush, lose all your inhibitions and take the plunge!

FractalStructure said:
^No, I hate l-amph too. In my post i stated that clearly. I mostly feel it towards the end since it lasts longer than dexamph, and as i said before, i hate that cuz all pleasant feelings are gone but the stimulation is still there and ur tired but still uncomfortably wired, hungry but no appetite, tired as fuck but cant sleep. As for street amphetamine, i was talking about this earlier on another thread somewhere.. I HAVE NEVER HEARD OF ANYONE SELLING ILLICITLY-MADE AMPH IN THE US, and especially near me. Meth is a different story, but here in NYC the people that like uppers tend to stick to coke, mdma and im prescribed adderall, but so is everyone and their mother (adderall and vicodin are def wayyy overprescribed, but hey im not complaining.. lol). You can find meth too if you wanted to (i just dont know many people that do methamph, ive come across it several times tho). However whenever I go to LA or anywhere in cali, meth everywhere. Still, once again, never heard of street amphetamine. And if you're using racemic "street" amph (if its really a racemic mixture) that would be an equal amount of D/L-amph, and more L-amph than adderall. i could be wrong of course.

I'm not from U.S. In northern Europe we mostly get racemic (l-amph:d-amph = 50:50) street amphetamine sulfate. (kind of illicit Benzedrine in powder form) Meth is seen here as well. Just rarer..

I have over decade's experience of it and believe that's why I do not find the presence of l-amph unpleasant in anyway.

I unapproved some posts regarding price discussion. Please do not discuss drug prices here. There is a designated thread in this forum for that.

When I was into adderall, I used to snort it occasionally. Of course it's not good for your nasal cavity, but intranasal administration will give you a more rapid onset and a slightly higher peak. The downside is that the high won't last as long.

if your question has not been answered yet...You have Adderall XR, ive had alot of experience with this particular pill(capsule)...First i would just like to ask the dose(mine were 25mg, Orange and White capsule)...Ive probably used Adderall around or even above 20 times and everytime was the same thing...What i would do is pour the beads into a dollar bill, fold it up and crush them, they are really easy to crush with the right utensil(i used my LG phone, it was almost to perfect)...but to answer your question yes you can crush them and snort them, im sure its no good for you but it gets you high, ive actually never ate them...

I just snorted the adderal capsules for the first time tonight (20mg) i just dumped the balls and snorted...I found there to be no ill effects whatsoever and got a nice buzz (with 2 10mg oxycodones, and a bit o alcohol I still felt speedy) the balls snorted nicely with no unbearable taste (actually quite nice). Is it even better if I crush the balls??

Naptown Wicked said:
I just snorted the adderal capsules for the first time... Is it even better if I crush the balls??

Dude, you snorted up those balls whole? Holy shit, that sounds rough! Yeah, crush them up. And them chop 'em with a razor blade, it'll be a fuck of a lot easier on the inside of your nose.

If you want to snort anything, by far and away the best little investment you can easily get and will get endless use out of is a mortar and pestle. They sell tiny mortar and pestle sets at my local healthy hippie herb store for $7, and it's nice heavy porcelain, smashes up pills, Adderal balls, anything you wnat to smash up nice and fine for snorting.

When I first got my adderal scripts a couple years ago, of course I tried snorting them right away to see if the high would be faster & better when taken this way. It was a pain in the ass, crushing the stupid XR balls, and in the end, not worth the trouble. The sweet blue 10MG IR pills snorted O.K., but I barely noticed the buzz at all and I felt embarrassingly foolish doing it like that for some reason. I mean, I'm in my thirties and used to snorting cocaine and crystal, so to find myself crushing up ADD meds to snort is like going backwards in time, it's all backwards! anyway. I don't advise snorting the damn things, it's tedious and annoying and the high is, to me at least, longer lasting and more useful when I open the capsules and chew the little beads up, or powder them up in the mortar & pestle and drink it down with a glass of juice or Sugar-Free Red Bull. To make it more immediately releasing.

But if you want to snort XR beads so badly, seriously, get a mortar & pestle!! Those things are absolutely indispensible for making pills of any type snortable.

LMORL.JPG

k, im in the same boat as the OP
i bought 6 adderal xr's 20mg, so im just gonna crush and parachute, since that seems like the least disputed moa

I've crushed up Adderall ER beads before and snorted them just fine. The best way to do it is just put the beads in a piece of paper then fold it up and get something heavy and just spend 10 minutes crushing them.

It sounds like you have Adderall XR. The bad thing about XR is that the little balls contain Adderall surrounded by a polymer. This means that you need to crush it up. I advise you not to snort it though since the binders are pretty harsh on the nose. Instead just smash it up in a shot glass with the handle of a screwdriver and then add water and take the shot.

Adds have different types of amphet in them for two reasons. One so that Shire had the reason to make a new med and have the rights to it. Also they metabolize at different rates and there is some research that levo amphetamines work better with younger kids than dextro-amphets do. But I think they are the ones attributed to the jittery parts of adderall as opposed to dexedrine.

Damn, I know this isn't a pricing thread, but I wish I could find 60 Adderall nevermind buy them all for $60. I willingly pay $0.10/mg when I can get any. Often I find out they were already sold at $2.50 per 20mg IR so I didn't get a chance to get any at my price.

SaRz said:
I now have to bump 40mg to get the effects of 20mg used to get me. So, ive stopped using it for a while.
Your tolerance isn't going to go away. And 40mg to get the effects of 20mg? Awww. How sad.

I need 330mg plugged to get the effects 60mg insufflated used to give me.
Coolio said:
Damn, I know this isn't a pricing thread, but I wish I could find 60 Adderall nevermind buy them all for $60. I willingly pay $0.10/mg when I can get any. Often I find out they were already sold at $2.50 per 20mg IR so I didn't get a chance to get any at my price.
I'd buy #60 30mgs for $60... $120 profit.

personally i would just ingest the adderall orally..crushing the beads is fairly easy. just dump the beads in a cigarette cellophane wrapper. use the bottom of a lighter and smash em up good, dump the powder out, and use the side of a lighter and smear and apply pressure on the powder and you will hear it crushing up more, just keep repeating to your liking, and your ready to sniff...snorting adderall does provide a high, but short lived and IMO the high is different then when taken orally...i enjoy the buzz more when taking adderall orally i get all the best effects from it that way,.

Yeah the capsules are kinda lame imo, I prefer 30 mg Adderall IR for snorting. I know a kid who gets 60 of em a month, he'll sell me the whole bottle for like 60(!) bucks, needless to say Im usually up for a week or so, think the longest I stayed up on addies was 10-11 days, but it wasnt a fun experience, started hallucinating, thought the whole world was out to get me, I was out in my backyard at 3 AM with a .380 in each hand waiting on "them". Finally took about 1000 mg of seroquel and was able to sleep.
Just sniffed my first 20mg ir.. not really feeling much?