• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Snorting Adderall

bammiitschristi

Greenlighter
So I have recently aquired some adderall :] i normally just pop it because of the fact its a capsule with tiny balls in it.

can it be snorted? i really prefer snorting my pills so i just wanted to know the pros and cons of it.

sorry for the probably stupid question!

Search engine, use it.

Provided you have the tablets, which you don't, it *can* be snorted but it's not worth it really. High doesn't last as long and you're gunking up your nose with alot of fillers.

Don't snort the balls, it won't help the absorption at all and you could actually irritate your nose very badly.

i tried the search engine but no one went into depth as much as i would like.

thank you though. and ill try to get tablets the next time i guess lol

Yeah the capsules are kinda lame imo, I prefer 30 mg Adderall IR for snorting. I know a kid who gets 60 of em a month, he'll sell me the whole bottle for like 60(!) bucks, needless to say Im usually up for a week or so, think the longest I stayed up on addies was 10-11 days, but it wasnt a fun experience, started hallucinating, thought the whole world was out to get me, I was out in my backyard at 3 AM with a .380 in each hand waiting on "them". Finally took about 1000 mg of seroquel and was able to sleep.

i tried crushing the tiny balls in the capsule and snorting it. i would just swallow it now though

To answer your question.
YES, you can snort them.

What you have in your hands is Ritalin XR ( Xtended Release )
Heres what you do...

Take a piece of printer paper, fold it in half twice. Now, pour the little balls from the capsules into the pocket we have just created. WHen its in there, set the paper down, but make sure all the balls are in the corner - you dont want them sliding around your table. Waste not. Now, take anything smooth that you can 'grind' the balls with, the curved top of a deoderant stick would do ( with cap on of course ) but i prefer a spoon. You can also just put all the balls in a plate and crush them, but sometimes they like to fly away under the pressure so i dont recommend that as much. Enjoy. I used to do this all the time, too much, but now the high doesnt get me as it used to. I now have to bump 40mg to get the effects of 20mg used to get me. So, ive stopped using it for a while.

Enjoy

Footloose said:
kids i know insist vicodin works better snorted, ugh. :!

Kids you know are stupid.
Vicodin contains APAP, which burns like a motherfucker.
Also, APAP is meant to be dissolved by stomach acids so while the fun stuff
is absorbed the APAP just sits in your nose doing nothing but bad shit.
(APAP is tylenol)

SaRz said:
What you have in your hands is Ritalin XR ( Xtended Release )

Enjoy
No, what the OP has is Aderall XR. Ritalin contains methylphenidate.

At any rate, IMO your best bet is to crush the little beads and parachute the resulting powder.

xxanxxtwo said:
At any rate, IMO your best bet is to crush the little beads and parachute the resulting powder.

Bingo.

And the pointless/useful balance is restored.

Any increase in buzz from snorting will be removed by the nastier and mentally/physically jittery comedown.

BTW - SomeRandomGuy, 60 30mg adderal for $60 ? That's a rough deal, if ever I heard one. At least get the guy to ask his dr. to switch his meds to dexedrine (only my opinion).

Well Spellman, hes a high school kid who has them scripted for adhd, he ignorant about prices which works to my advantage. I could probably sell him a joint of swag for $10. Yeah I know I should feel bad ... but whatever :)

I have no experience with dexedrine ... is it stronger/more euphoric than adderall?

SomeRandomGuy said:
Well Spellman, hes a high school kid who has them scripted for adhd, he ignorant about prices which works to my advantage. I could probably sell him a joint of swag for $10. Yeah I know I should feel bad ... but whatever :)

I have no experience with dexedrine ... is it stronger/more euphoric than adderall?

Oh no no - you got me the wrong way round, I meant that you were getting the rough deal, paying $60 for 60 adderal.

In regards to dexedrine - its certainly stronger in terms of duration but it's arguably less euphoric in a good way than adderall. It doesn't have a comparable buzz/rush to (the levoamphetamine part of) adderall but gives a strong dopamine high that lasts for several hours. The side effects are far less irritating with dexedrine - you can eat, you don't get anxious and jittery when it wears off and you miss out the whole 'adrenaline - fight or flight' based stimulation.

SomeRandomGuy said:
I was out in my backyard at 3 AM with a .380 in each hand waiting on "them".

lol. I've been there. Amphetamine psychosis sucks.

I am prescribed adderall XR (20mg caps) myself, and happen to be on the stuff atm lol... firstly why do you guys say that its better to crush and take it ORALLY when nasal adderall typically feels better, kicks faster, and has a higher bioavailability than oral amph/dexamph?

I mean, theres nothing wrong with taking it orally, it hits you all at once that way, its nice.. but i notice for some reason i crash harder with oral use, and barely crash with nasal use... maybe its just me and everybody's different..
But yeah, if your nose is clogged or you just cant stand the burn or w/e the next best thing is to eat the powdered adderall (plugging gives u the best bio besides IV which i would think isn't too healthy with all that filler, everyone knows shooting pills is not good, but i think adderall xr specifically is worse than shooting some hydromorphone)

Also, some people on this site scoff when they hear of adderall and dxm... because apparently these meds are easier to get than cocaine and ketamine, and cause generally the same high but longer duration?
I'm not actually comparing coke to dexamph or dxm to ketamine, I just mean I hate the stigma, and i havent even dex in years. benzos are also stigmatized here, especially in OD.

Hurts like hell, you will taste it everytime you swallow after you do it for about 15 min. Wouldnt reccomend it

i was contemplating snorting my 30 mg addie xr

i sure am glad i stumbled across this thread

SomeRandomGuy said:

Well it's 25% stronger. Not more euphoric or better in any other way either. It's all about hype. I like adderal better because it comes in 30mg IR pills. Dexedrine you only get in shitty 5mg ones, which need to be eaten like crazy.

livingonvalium said:
Well it's 25% stronger. Not more euphoric or better in any other way either. It's all about hype. I like adderal better because it comes in 30mg IR pills. Dexedrine you only get in shitty 5mg ones, which need to be eaten like crazy.

I would disagree. For especially oral use, dexedrine has less side effects and doesnt fuck with appetite and sleep as much as adderall does, and dex comes in 5, 10, and 15mg as xr "spansules". I've never had those, only the 5mg IR pills, and yes they should make higher doses, i dont see why they dont. Adderall has a higher abuse rep anyway, and they make up to 30mg IR.

Btw, what is the point of the different salts in adderall? Yes, i know its ~72% dexamph (the two pure dexamph salts and two racemic salts). I dont mean "why do they have d/l-amph in there as opposed to just dexamph, what im saying is why not just have all of them as the same sulfate salt, etc? as far as i know it makes no difference, but i could be wrong.

^I have heard this was only done to patent the drug, but that may have been a rumor.

ginger jack said:
Hurts like hell, you will taste it everytime you swallow after you do it for about 15 min. Wouldnt reccomend it

It doesn't hurt as much as doing a line of coke or K. There is this sort of burning feeling in ur nose for a little while, until the post nasal drip starts and that also i would say doesnt taste as bad as the drip you get from coke or K.. since adderall is used by young children for ADHD there is this "sweet" taste to it (which i find pretty fucked up because I know a few people that got into other drugs at really early ages, all of these people had been dosed with amph or methylphenidate since they were toddlers).

I would say there is absolutely nothing wrong with snorting adderall except like any other pill its bad for ur nose. It is more efficient than oral use.

Last edited:
FractalStructure said:
It doesn't hurt as much as doing a line of coke or K.

Oh, come on - a line of K hurts? I think not, though others may vary.

spellman said:
Oh, come on - a line of K hurts? I think not, though others may vary.

Are you kidding? I remember cooking up 1000mg and railing a line from what was originally a sealed lick (vial) of Imalgen 1000, which is a german ketamine brand. While I will say that for some reason the few other brands i have gotten my hands on didnt hurt as much (and ive never done ketamine unless it was sealed with that metal ring that cant be tampered with), it always varied and always burned to some degree. However the imalgen was just SO painful to even do a bump.

Adderall can burn in a different way, it has this "afterburn" effect when u snort it, and for some reason its not the immediate insufflation but for a few mins after my nose sometimes burns like hell, while other people can rail 60mg in one line with no complaints, this i dont really understand. STILL, even though i think we established that IN administration of any powder hurts, I dont think its fair to say that adderall hurts more than the usual suspects. Would you tell someone not to do coke simply becuz the burn hurts?

I will say, though, one substance that I have snorted made me feel like there was a spreading fire in my nostril, and it was the same kind of "afterburn" as adderall, but far, far worse:

2c-i. holy shit. And im talking about a minute dose of about 3mg to feel it out as I know 2c's can be dangerous when snorted (and some people have died from less than 30mg of t7), which is why i wanted to start out really small. But after that, i knew i would never rail another speck of any phenethylamine (besides amphetamine, lol) again.

I snort the 30 mg Adderall IRs and they don't burn at all, to me the drain has a sugary taste ... I love em .. only prob is I usually have to run the the bathroom after snorting lol ... I usually do 120 mg