• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Urb597

No shit! Any idea on the causative agent behind this?

Just got a text from him:
They ran a giant toxicology screen on him and he came up with really high levels of cadmium. He says there might be more to it than that because it doesn't cover everything, but his doctors are aren't running any more tests since he was released.

Ouch! This sounds like a good reason to not buy Chinese.

Last edited:
Just wanted to post my friends report after he got freaked out by the previous contents of this thread:

He tried this from a decently reputable us vendor. He said he wanted out of the jwh-lifestyle (after a year of daily/2hr per day abuse) but previous attempts at quitting cold turkey left little ability to communicate with the office/real world. He weened off, and added urb-597 as a helper to detox into reality more comfortably. While using urb-597 orally at variable eyeballed doses for 2 week, during this week he noticed:
-skin/hair felt abnormally greasy/generally unhealtly without any change in his bathing habits.
-weird gait - unable to control muscles or movement like he used to. He assumed since in clinical trial ph 3 that this was a safe chemical and was just a side effect while the body got used to the chem. Not so.
-General feeling of ineptness.

He has since stayed away. I suggest you do the same until the labs fully investigate this compound - not to be played around with.

Also, a update on the friend who consumed possibly tainted URB597: still getting dialysis but his doctor says he might be able to get off it in a month or two depending on how fast his kidneys adapt. However, they're guessing he has lost 10-25% functionality of his kidneys judging by what's been seen so far. His liver is looking like it will make a full recovery however which is a welcome bit of news.

Wiki - cadmium poisoning said:
The bones become soft (osteomalacia), lose bone mineral density (osteoporosis) and become weaker. This causes the pain in the joints and the back, and also increases the risk of fractures. In extreme cases of cadmium poisoning, mere body weight causes a fracture.

The kidneys lose their function to remove acids from the blood in proximal renal tubular dysfunction. The kidney damage inflicted by cadmium poisoning is irreversible. The proximal renal tubular dysfunction creates low phosphate levels in the blood (hypophosphatemia), causing muscle weakness and sometimes coma. The dysfunction also causes gout, a form of arthritis due to the accumulation of uric acid crystals in the joints because of high acidity of the blood (hyperuricemia). Another side effect is increased levels of chloride in the blood (hyperchloremia). The kidneys can also shrink up to 30%.

Other patients lose their sense of smell (anosmia).

This is... scary, to say the least. Ouch.

Hey Bluelight,

I thought I'd visit EA after my dialysis today and shoot the shit with him and give a bit of a update on why/what happened to me with this whole fucked up situation.

I'll start with saying I've been bouncing between antidepressants for the last 4 years, just hit 18 and things went dull. Prozac (nada), zoloft (nada), trazodone (great for sleep and hard ons of iron), wellbutrin (weird cracked out goodness) and a few TCA's that lasted less than a week due to sides. About two years ago I just lost all drive and dropped out of my second year of chemistry, grades were dec but just couldn't get my shit together.

After the parents kicked me out for dropping out like all good asian parents do, I got mixed up in the wrong crowd blazing during the day and working nights. Had a brief stint with meth late 2009 and looking back on it scared the fuck out of everyone I knew, EA included. After that I decided to lay low and find myself in BC and started blazing every day to self medicate for depression and moodswings. It worked for a good year or so, until I decided that I needed to get my ass back into school before my credits expire. Moved back in with my sister last October, and was diagnosed with Bipolar I but tending way more towards depression. Tried lamotrigine, and valproate but they caused worse memory problems than being kind of baked 24/7.

In May I got a decent job offer I could save up for school with, but the catch was very sporadic drug testing. Detoxed for about 3 shitty shitty weeks so I could start my job, and tried looking around for alternitives to bud. Tried some of that JWH-073 and HU-210 stuff but found it made me really manic the second it wore off, so I decided to try a different approach.

THIS IS WHERE THE EXPERIENCE BEGINS:

Got my first sample of URB-597 early June and started around 2mg/day. Noticed it took the edge off my moodswings and depression, without as strong of a effect on my memory as bud. At about a week I bumped up to 5mg and 7mg/day and got even more improvements, made it easier to sleep and wake up without this weird hangover like feeling I've had every morning since I was born. But, I noticed my BO smelt like chlorine and fucking McDonalds and I was greasy as shit but hey I could live with that. At about the 3 week mark the 5mg doses weren't cutting it so I bumped up to 10-15mg/day (stupid I know) and it worked great for my moodswings. The antidepressant effect kind of topped out at 7mg/day but it made me a lot more functional at work and at my corrispondance classes, noticed my balance and spelling took a hit at this point but I couldn't be bothered as I was finally making some progress.

At this point I got into a mixed state, and while it was really blunted compared to the ones I've had before I thought I could skip it entirely by upping my dose. And lone behold it worked, though my tolerance went up to 20mg/day even after the episode would have normally been over. However, mixed states usually put me into a 3 week manic-depressive-manic-DEPRESSIVE cycle which didn't happen this time around.

This brings me to the 3 month mark where I got this weird day long mini-panic attack, skipped my dose that day and it went away in about 18 hours. But, started feeling another mixed state coming up (I can feel them coming on like a week in advance) so I went back on. Not sure if this was a few days before or after I got this weird yellow-orange batch from a Chinese vendor, but most of my batches were a pale yellow or beige colour before. After that I noticed a bit of a pain in my side, but seeing as I work for a medical supply warehouse I though I just pulled something.

Fast forward like 2 weeks and what starts off like the flu for 3 days ends with me blacking the fuck out and waking up in a hospital with tubes fucking EVERYWHERE. The doctors say I've gotten a major insult to my kidneys and liver and on top of that I slip right into a depressive state. So now like a week later I find out that I'm not going to be able to drink for at least a year and I've lost about 10% of my kidney function. The docs started me on seroquel a few weeks ago which is helping a lot, but I'm putting on a ton of weight which as soon as I gain back the 10lbs I lost in the hospital isn't going to be too fun.

I'd like to say that this substance might have promise for future treatment of depression and bipolar disorder, but it needs some major refinements before I'd recommend it to anyone. Its definitely got some withdrawal effects like irritability, and side effects that feel a lot like weed and lamotrigine without the impact on my memory/cognition.

Tread carefully with this stuff and always be careful about what you put into your body.
-Eric

Eric, you wouldn't have happened to have saved any of that last batch, would you? I am very curious as to what the possible contaminant(s) might be; that orange color doesn't sound right! We should get it assayed if possible.

I'll see what his sister did with them, hopefully she didn't throw the 2 batches he had out.

yellow-orange color
CdS ?
200px-Cadmium_sulfide.jpg

It was a much less intense colour according to him, but its not too far off from the colour sample in the top right hand corner of this page. His sister flushed the baggies when he was released so unfortunately a assay isn't possible. http://www.webexhibits.org/pigments/indiv/overview/cdorange.html

Of the 6 batches I bought, 4 of them were a fine yet clumpy off white colour or maybe beige but they all did have a slight yellow tint overall. These were all from a South Carolina vendor, and the clumpiness and smell of them really varied there was also the occasional black speck in the powders.

The second last batch I got was Chinese and had a slightly more red tint than the last batches, but nothing too far from what I'd consider normal. Was noticeably less clumpy and the powder had the same particle size. The last batch was from the same Chinese vendor but had a much more pronounced tint than the last one, and had absolutely no clumps in it. Particle size was the same and it had the same potency as the rest of the batches as far as I could tell.

Its worth noting that neither vendor told me if the product was a salt or not.

Also, it seems like the sites I purchased from have gone dark in the last week... Wonder if they read this thread.

Urb597...

My good friend and I recieved what seems to be a pretty good batch.

We have shown absolutely no habituation. The dosage varies from 2 to 10 mg, and seems to have no adverse effects. We do not take it every day, in fact, the average is every 8 days or so.

The effects are best described as a natural optimism. You do not get high.

This is probably one of the most effective anti-depressants out there.

Word to the wise, wait and see. Brilliant stuff!

If its working for you and you're comfortable with the risks, good for you. But, forgive my skepticism as you have the exact same writing style as the other 1-3 post members who simply sign up and bump this thread with positive reviews.

Part of me also worries about the long term use of this compound due to its inhibition of several hydrolases, I don't know what the long term implications of that could be and every study that covers it isn't available through my university :X

My good friend and I recieved what seems to be a pretty good batch.

We have shown absolutely no habituation. The dosage varies from 2 to 10 mg, and seems to have no adverse effects. We do not take it every day, in fact, the average is every 8 days or so.

The effects are best described as a natural optimism. You do not get high.

This is probably one of the most effective anti-depressants out there.

Word to the wise, wait and see. Brilliant stuff!

Have you even read this thread? wtf man...

don't self medicate if you are going to blindly ignore some fucking horrific problems others have had with URB.

See former posts Greenlighter. SWIM received a gram in the mail recently from a reliable vendor, and by the looks of all information and FAQ provided here that I may have inadvertently stumbled onto a compound with long-term therapeutic applications. SWIM is feeling reluctant to proceed with personal trials due to his experience with anti-depressants, bipolar and anti-anxiety medication. SWIM is still researching what is most recommended as a proper trial dosage and will wait until then to move on to oral human trials. Advice and advisement is requested.

See former posts Greenlighter. SWIM received a gram in the mail recently from a reliable vendor, and by the looks of all information and FAQ provided here that I may have inadvertently stumbled onto a compound with long-term therapeutic applications. SWIM is feeling reluctant to proceed with personal trials due to his experience with anti-depressants, bipolar and anti-anxiety medication. SWIM is still researching what is most recommended as a proper trial dosage and will wait until then to move on to oral human trials. Advice and advisement is requested.

It may indeed have potential, however from Eric's report it does have significant tolerance and side effects. Personally I would advise against its use seeing as you live in Texas and you being apprehended/hospitalized with this compound would deal a significant blow to the research of this compound. Its not a drug I would experiment with personally, however you may be interested in contacting Kadmus Pharma if you are interested in possibly doing a human trial.

http://investing.businessweek.com/research/stocks/private/snapshot.asp?privcapId=1942068

Also, thought I'd add that Eric started working again part time on Monday and is doing great on his current set of meds which I believe is modafinil and some sort of atypical antipsychotic. Still thinks URB-597 might be useful in the future, but his balance is still kind of off from it specifically walking and no fine motor control issues. His parents agreed to help pay for him to go to night classes at a smaller university in the city before he transfers back to his chem degree.

Is there a common reagent that will allow for testing for the presence of cadmium contamination?

ebola

Is there a common reagent that will allow for testing for the presence of cadmium contamination?

ebola
http://www.home-health-chemistry.com/Cadmium-Detection.html
Not sure if this will show all the salts cadmium can form though, and Eric's doctors mentioned that all the toxic effects cannot be attributed to cadmium alone.

My personal theory is that if cadmium ended up in his URB-597 then who knows what other organic or inorganic compounds were in his batches.