• N&PD Moderators: Skorpio | thegreenhand

Urb597

URB-597 Experience

Introduction

As a sufferer of depression and anxiety, and a daily abuser of marijuana, I was very curious when this recently came onto the market. Studies have touted this drug to have success in treating depression, improving memory, aiding in withdrawal from cocaine and nicotine, reducing post traumatic stress, pain relief and more. Unlike THC and most JWH's, URB is a reverse antagonist, so instead of artificially causing the CB1 and CB2 receptors to fire, it induces the body's natural cannabinoid receptor juice. Actually it just reduces the natural breakdown to allow for accumulation. Kadmus pharmaceuticals, based in Irvine, filed for the original patent on the drug. They later sold the rights and all of the research along with it to a company called Organon. Hundreds of studies have already been completed showing powerful anti depressive and analgesic qualities in rats. Human clinical studies are currently being formed. Because it is not a direct antagonist, it diverts all known state and federal bans targeting JWH and similar chemicals commonly found in "Herbal Incense". I must admit, It all sounds very promising. Currently research chemical suppliers have made this substance readily available to the general public.

8-19-11

After researching the various data, URB597 doesn't seem particularly toxic on the molecular level, however a similar reverse antagonist for cb1 and cb2, "rimonabant" resulted in all studies being shut down due to causing anxiety and depression. Due to the fact that several major research chemical distributors are promoting and selling this as a JWH alternative, it's difficult to trust the currently posted user experiences. Tampering with the delicate balance of our endocannabinoid system might possibly adversely affect our brains natural maintenance routines and functions controlling memory and reward systems. However, URB-xxx's might have potential to be an amazing anti-depressant or therapy to aid in marijuana withdrawal. As i continue to research this promising pharmaceutical, I will post my findings to this page.

8-24-11

I have ordered a gram of 99% pure URB-597. In various animal experiments, dosage was administered both orally and intravenously. A few reports claim users have received positive effects from smoking UBR597. Vendors are claiming synergetic effects when blended with other cannabinoids. All things considered, I set out to make a blend using the ratio of 1:50, URB597 and damiana respectively. The typical oral dose is anywhere from 1-7mg. With this blend, each gram should contain .02 g, if each gram was four bowls, each bowl should contain .005 g and contain roughly one dose. What is my reasoning for smoking this substance? One is to analyze if the substance is at all active. Another is that, if it is active, the duration of effects probably won't be a full 24 hours as reported with oral ingestion. Why am I even testing this substance? I want to see if it can provide any benefit to me in reducing cravings for marijuana. I also want to see if has any potential as a recreational drug.

FIRST REPORT

For my experiment, I sustained from marijuana for several hours. By this point I was really craving a bowl. When preparing the URB based herbal blend, curiosity got the best of me. I eyeballed a small amount, probably about .001 g. or less and ate it. Within 10-15 minutes my cravings for a bowl dramatically diminished. My focus seemed to improve. I finished mixing the blend and left the room. I really had the desire to start a project so I searched around the garage for my super8 projector I've been meaning to work on. My focus and concentration was suburb for roughly two hours as I tinkered with the projector. I felt clear headed, no anxiety, and no building of negative thoughts (very untypical for me). It seemed like I was under the influence of a very mild cannabinoid, similar to RCS-4 without but without the "head change." I experienced what I thought was a slight euphoria, and possibly a heightened sense of awareness, but the most profound effect was the lack of desire for marijuana. This however diminished at the end of the two hours, and I started to feel an up-tick in frustration levels. By this time my herbal blend was finished drying, so I decided to give smoking it a shot. I did finish up some weed in my pipe before packing in the URB597 blend. I took one hit, then decided to wait before continuing with. So far I feel what might be a synergistic effect from both substances. It's a very calm stoning sensation, much like a powerful sativa. I feel remarkably clear headed / focused for having just smoked pot. In a way it seems to cancel out some of the typical euphoria caused by THC. Was very difficult to wake up in the morning. Probably one of the most effective and fast acting antidepressants i've tried, and I've tried a lot including effexor, prozac, paxil, zoloft, xanax, ativan, luvox, nortryptelene, welbutrin and more. I've become very in tune to how a chemical makes me feel.

UPDATE

I was taking URB-597 daily for four days orally. The anxiolytic and antidepressant effect was still present, but diminishing each day despite increased dosage, much like a cannabis tolerance. I haven't gone back to the herbal blend since that first try. I was satisfied with the oral dose. Each day I took it, it was difficult to wake up the following morning. Two nights ago was my final dose, in the morning. Later on that day I drank a few beers and got unusually sick. Like most synthetic canabinnoids it seemed to have a negative interaction with alcohol.

CONCLUSIONS

• An effective antidepressant and anxiolytic

• Effects can be achieved orally or by smoking

• Helps satisfy the urge to smoke marijuana

• Makes it more difficult to wake up in the morning / causes sleepiness

• Does not cause munchies, if anything it might suppresses appetite

• Nearly tasteless

• Diminished sexual appetite

• Do not mix with alcohol

• Effects reminiscent of 5HTP but stronger

"After researching the various data, URB597 doesn't seem particularly toxic on the molecular level, however a similar reverse antagonist for cb1 and cb2, "rimonabant" resulted in all studies being shut down due to causing anxiety and depression."

Rimonabant is an inverse agonist, or antagonist. Not a reverse antagonist. And it has nothing to do with URB597, URB597 isn't an agonist or antagonist, it is an enzyme inhibitor, it inhibits the enzyme which breaks down your own endocannabinoid agonists. The effects should be opposite(or unrelated) to rimonabant and its mechanism of action is as different as you can get, while still effecting the same systems.

I'm actually really sad to see this one on the market. It would be the first 'new' drug to treating anxiety, depression, and pain in years. But based on the reports here, it sounds like the idiots might fuck this one up. Hopefully, it doesn't have much recreational use. I would actually be pretty surprised if it did.

Also, a curiosity note: the vendors selling this could allegedly be prosecuted for patent infringement right? I mean, I doubt they're in the US, which means most likely nothing will happen. Or will it? Does the US government have sufficient bargaining power to tell a country (say China, because, well, duh) to shut down a website selling this?

Guys, please just let this one go before it becomes the next salvia. It won't get you pleasantly high and it will hurt legitimate research, if this stuff fails phase III trials then feel free to experiment, but until then just let the pharmaceutical industry do its work.

Indeed it is sad since the storming of synthetic cannabinoids to the black market.
JWH's are supposed to develop into useful medicine, or at least give the clue to the structure of CB receptors.
With the law jumped in, researching in the field requires much much much much more authority approval to do.

But wait, isnt AM404, the active metabolite of acetaminophen, a FAAH inhibitor also?!

urgent need for info about urb597

Hi. this is my first post here. i'm sorry if my writing isn't so clear and understandable as i'm not an english native speaker and live in israel.
now enough apologies.

i found this forum thread after searching for information about the URB597.
i don't know how up until this evening i haven't heard of this, as this is my wildest dreams fantasy - for a drug that has similar effects as
cannabis to be developed. this is because for many years, since i know myself i'm experiencing acute depression or feelings of extreme
distorted thoughts that caused me to be depressed and with very low self esteem.

i've tried many antidepressants and nothing had an effect like the times when i smoked marijuana. it amazingly changed my whole point of
view, my perspective about life and my self, freed me from horrible "demon like" thoughts that made me feel as if i'm possessed and run with
poison in my body that makes me see life in such a depressing unbearable to live.

the only problem with smoking marijuana is that it wasn't something "accurate" and moderated so going a bit over the limit would get me too
high and hypomanic. for years i've been seeing psychiatrists and asking in deep distress about something that would resemble the unimaginiable positive life changing effect it had on me, but not able to use it on a regular basis [due to it being illegal and not so easy to
use regularly because of that, and also because of changing effects between different types of weed and no way of knowing accurate
amount taken each time. so a drug to be found that may have these therapeutic sides to it seemed to good to be true and a real dream
come true.

now, i've been looking and searching all evening for more information about development, manufacturing, research...and as this seems to be
a major revolutionary finding it seems impossible i can't find more concrete information [only read that clinical research was thought to be
started at 2008....what happened since??].

so i would appreciate any info...and regarding the message above about someone here that tried it - is it able to purchase in any way? i
haven't seen any information about the drug manufactured and out for sale. is there any information about that?

so please, any points of information regarding this would be so much appreciated as this is a critical issue for me, i wouldn't exaggerate
referring to it as a golden key life saver for me as i've gotten to be so hopeless for any option of change for my situation.

thanks.

Edit:

i didn't seem to notice the second page of this thread at all and so my post was without reading all the posts in the second
page which gives my whole post a need for change.

1. how come clinical researches on urb597 haven't been published yet or gotten some updates about what's going
on? could it be it takes so long as more than three years to achieve some reliable results from tests? i read here about people testing it on themselves in a matter of weeks so how come it takes so long to be approved and developed?

2. how is it that people testing urb by themselves causes a threat the development of a reliable, tested drug? i feel
that i may seem naive but i don't understand why this should affect a legitimate research and developing of the urb597 as
an official approved drug.

and third. is it legal to purchase urb597? i'm surprised it is able to be bought as i didn't think it could be so simple for
others to manufacture it exactly the same without having the patent.

i'm sorry if my questions seem dumb and naive, it's just that this whole issue is so relevant and fills me with so much needed
hope so i want to find out as much as i can about it, but as this is such news to me i don't have any clue about what's
going on...

makes me feel so out of contact with the world, after crying to so many doctors about the absurd of how come in our
developed and modern 21st century there is no more research and findings of use of marijuana's effects to be used in a
pharmaceutical, tested and scientifically developed manner...and thinking and reading about marijuana i never came across
that there is so much studies and action revolving this issue, as it seemed absurd and impossible just up till now that i
thought it has not..8)

Last edited:
I normally purchase AM2201 from my supplier, but due to low stock was given URB597. Clearly it does not dissolve in Acetone, and I cannot find much information on herbal usage. Does anyone know or care to share some information with me. It would be greatly appreciated, as I DO NOT want to OD ;-/ TY!!!

URB597 does not substitute for AM-2201 or any of the JWH compounds as it is not a cannabinoid agonist.

If you haven't read this thread I suggest you do so, if you don't understand the terminology then you should not be playing with it. Here is a big hint: It has no direct activity at CB1 or CB2 cannabinoid receptors.

URB-597 is probably one best left for the real labs to evaluate.

i've heard about this stuff being in smoke blends in Texas since that new law got passed. WTF. not good. why are people so dumb :(

Of course, it's being marketed through the same chgannels that sell JWH/AM2201 ... sigh...

Another possible antidepressant down the toilet because morons love hoovering up big fat lines and gettin fucked up!

I don't think it's fair to blame users for the prohibition laws. The people responsible for prohibition are the ones who create and enforce those laws. With the current political climate in the US, every drug that people find pleasurable will eventually be banned. Every drug but alcohol, tobacco, coffee, and anything made by big pharma and approved by the FDA.

WARNING:
The friend I spoke of in my previous posts was hospitalized for liver failure this evening after he collapsed at work. His sister has told me the only drugs he's used for the last 2 weeks is zolpiclone and URB-597. This is in a western Canadian city (holding back information due to privacy concerns). To the best of my knowledge his doses were above 10mg/day sublingually.

This is a case of liver failure in a relatively healthy 22 year old male who to the best of my knowledge has only used zolpiclone since the middle of October. I will report back as I hear more, I do not know what vendor he used at the moment.

PLEASE USE CAUTION WITH THIS COMPOUND OR PRODUCTS SUPPOSEDLY CONTAINING URB597!

The vendors he has used are based in China and South Carolina, I will work on getting their names, currently all I have is what his sister has found in his room.
Also, his condition has stabilized and he should be released sometime this week according to his sister.

This is not exactly good news for users of this substance. Perhaps clinical trials are worthwhile after all.

interesting thread. this is exciting/scary/sad all in one! in the States, the law will be looking to jump on ANYTHING marketed to cannabis users as a legal substitute. i think they saw what would happen to their funding if illegal (hence bustable) marijuana channels were replaced by legal (-ish) substitutions.

also, i may be a mere greenlighter, but i've been using BL and other channels to keep up with the pulse of human psychopharmacology for near a decade, and how many times has this happened: XXX-YYY new chem becomes available commercially before anyone has ever heard of it (usually based on a paper or two getting published) and BAM! there's suddenly a bunch of (extremely) new members touting it as snake oil in the same voice, diction, cadence, vocabulary, get my drift?

i'm not accusing anyone of anything, but tread carefully. there's a reason we listen to the heads with a million posts. it's cause we can go back and get a sense of their sensibility by reading their posts. trust is a commodity that can't be taken lightly 'round here. just saying.

and seizures are only experienced by a small minority of THC (cannabis) smokers, but THC is only a partial agonist. the full agonists (jwh, am2201, etc) are a WHOLE different story. a lot of people had seizure-like activity from that. so it would not be surprising to find an enzyme inhibitor create problems like that.

reverse antagonist??? is there such a thing?

Hey, I had a brief phonecall with him from the hospital and here are the points I jotted down:

-Used for approximately 3 months with a 4 day break a couple weeks ago due to a panic attack.
-Doses were as high as 50mg/day +/- 2mg, tending more towards 10-22mg/day.
-Batches had very inconsistent looks/smells yet all produced the same effect when tolerance is factored in.
-Collapsed at work after feeling flu-like all day, apparently showing some signs of jaundice according to his doctor.
-He first noted dull pain to the lower left side of his abdomen 2 weeks ago but attributed it to a pulled muscle. Its worth noting that this is about 3-5 days after he received the Chinese batch
-Noticed a change in sweating amount and the "oiliness" of his skin around day 14
-Was treated with NAC and dialysis in combination with morphine for pain.
-Currently still undergoing dialysis with a marked improvement seen since last night
-May have enzymes checked later tonight.
-Personally thinks its due to batch contamination.

I'll continue posting as I find more out.

nirvus said:
reverse antagonist??? is there such a thing?

It seems as of yet unclear whether rimonabant acts more as an antagonist or inverse agonist. Either way, yuck! :p

ebola

Just talked to him again, he's been released but needs to go in for dialysis/monitoring every day for the next week or two. He's still in a lot of pain, and apparently his kidneys took a bigger hit than they thought.

No news yet on possible long term effects.
I can't stress enough how big of a risk people are taking by ingesting a relatively untested compound made under unknown conditions.

-EA