• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TOUR - Good Vibrations - Aus - Feb 08 REVIEWS!!

haha, that fucking legend.

You know I saw him say something hinting at that in a comment he left on the ITM forums the night before the set time changes were made (last night).

I went to the Calvin Harris sideshow last night and HOLY FUCK! You NEED to make sure you check him out. It was so much fun! Great music, lots of dancing and cheering and the band are just mental on stage. The guitar and bass players think they are the Rolling Stones.

Two very enthusiastic thumbs up!

Thanks for the tip, I will make sure to check him out. :)

Girls is an awesome track to dance to aswel.

Went to zabiela's solo gig at brown alley the other weekend with a bunch of mates. Had a fucking blast. The crowd was really into him and I dont think i have seen a dj mixing like he does and one that doesnt stand still. It was so DAM hard to take a photo of him because he was always bouncing from one deck to the next!

I want to hear more about Thievery Corp.

They would be the only reason i would have bought a ticket this year, but i just knew what the crowd was going to be like with Kanye being there.

Its lucky I had the company of great friends and copious amounts of alcohol because in my humble opinion the music this year left a bit to be desired...

Firstly I have never heard so much shit as Kayne West's 'performance' maybe I missed the best part because I left about 30min into it. The crowd was frozen, no one was really dancing and IMO he failed to deliver anything worth watching/listening too.

Calvin Harris, Rapture, James Zabielaand or anyone who played in the Laundry tent was definately worth listening too. Great tracks and the crowd was having a ball.

I had an awesome day, tiolet and drink lines weren't too much of a problem this year unlike last year. As the day wore on you could find one access to either within a few mins.

Loved the recycling $1 vouchers again! More festivals should do this! It wore thin after the first hour or two but at least we got a few half price drinkies <3

Hope everyone had a ball!

^^^RC you were there?Was Jess there too?

From what I remember,the music was pretty good overall!Kinda sucked that it was too crowded to get into Cypress Hill, but seeing Calvin Harris and Ashton Shuffle was awesome.With so many great acts,it wasn't hard to miss one you wanted to see (Bag Raiders,Thievery Corp,etc).Although I really should've missed more of Kanye's set,Ashton was kickarse.

^ Yes hun, jess and I were there!

Do you still have the same number? I txted you a few weeks ago but no reply!

Yeah Calvin Kaynes 'set' (I use that term very loosely) needed to be missed. Last year Snoop Dogg totally blew the proverbial roof off but this year was disapointment city :(

raverchik said:
Its lucky I had the company of great friends and copious amounts of alcohol because in my humble opinion the music this year left a bit to be desired...

funny you say that... from what i have been told from all my friends went, its identical to what they said, same about Kanye and Cypress...

i was bummed i didnt go, but had a small grin on my face when i heard all the reviews.

It was just another festival. You didn't miss much if you didn't go, but I certainly wasn't disappointed that I went.

The kick on was the most fun. Weird how that happens.

^ I think I'd have to agree. My kick on was sooo much more fun than the festival itself. I did a poor effort this years as well and didnt get there until later on..

I'm already looking forward to Future, better line up/venue.

Case Closed!