• ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

alasdairm

Bluelight Crew
the old thread hit 1000. thanks for all the posts.

i last watched transformers. i'm mighty disappointed that i didn't see it in the movie theatre but life's been getting in the way of movie-going lately so i got to see it finally from the comfort of the sofa.

it was all special effects and it was well worth it :)

alasdair

I just saw Resident Evil teh Third. Fairly average film but Milla Jovovich is always pretty to look at. Thumbs up :)

^
i've had a guilty pleasure with all 3 of those films. Just saw the 3rd one two weeks ago.

Last movies seen:

The Notorious Bettie Page
rewatched 28 Weeks Later
going to see Saw IV this weekend

Beatlebot said:
I just saw Resident Evil teh Third. Fairly average film but Milla Jovovich is always pretty to look at. Thumbs up :)

The acting in the Resident Evil movies is not up to scratch when compared to the superb voice acting in the video game series. "You were almost a Jill sandwich!!!"

Last movie I saw...
51FPH36A9TL._SS500_.jpg

Typical early 30's Capra/Stanwyck collaboration. A lot of Capra-esque sentimental frou frou but generally solid.

^ Is it available for download? Because I doubt my local rental place has it.

just watched american gangster. it was pretty good...wouldnt say it was great or anything def not in the same league as blow or scarface. it just kinda started with him being grown and dealing then hooking up the connec in nam. also there was some stuff that a real junkie would scoff at. like the part when the chemist says the dope is 100% pure. that sea dope is high octane but i doubt it is over 95%. one part russel crow actually refers to it as south east asian #4 heroin. least they got the # right.

Beatlebot said:
^ Is it available for download? Because I doubt my local rental place has it.

It's not on DVD I dunno where to download it but there are at least half a dozen Capra movies I'd recommend before this one. It Happened One Night is his masterpiece, IMO. Meet John Doe is his best Stanwyck collaboration.

The Aqua Teen Movie...finally! I thought it was great. =D

^yeah. absurd brilliance! and perfect mood setting intro.

i saw 3:10 to Yuma last, i liked it a lot, but the end failed.

edit: no. i lied. the last thing we watched was "downfall" on sbs the other night. As usual we have our window open to our cityscape view and just as some guys late in the movie shoot themselves in the head, a massive and really thick bolt of lightning hit centrepoint tower, and seemed for a second to sit there, during which time, i could see the rain falling in the lightning itself. awesome sight. oh and the movie was as good as i remembered it.

i forgit, before the pumpkin i went to the teathers for nightmare before christmas in 3d.
there was a little bit of 3d acation, but i was hoping for more. there seemed to be a little potential for a smidge more without over doing it.

Saw IV. I fell asleep 20 minutes into it(I had just worked a long shift) and woke up just as they revealed the twist. I was pissed!

Last film you watched?

If a new thread was started for this I didn't find it.

More LGBTQ films:

v5675135et6.jpg

The Watermelon Woman - I LOVED this film. About a black lesbian trying to unveil the historiography of black women in film. It's heavily layer in that it deals with interracial relationships, class systems, generational differences, black community, lesbian community and trying to fit into all these categories without losing oneself. Really. Rent it! If you can find it. :(

6a00c2251d436b8e1d00d09e4e57a0be2b-500pi

Hedwig and the Angry Inch does the rock musical WELL. I like the development of the queer themes and the songs aren't *too* ;) bad.

Non-LGBTQ films:

ZFilm.jpg

Z is a really good flick for a Sunday afternoon. Set in -I'm not going to tell you because it's part of the fun of the film-, Z is a reflection of the covering up of a political assassination in 1969 by a military dictatorship. Though the film doesn't ever come out and say the location it's suppose to be depicting the first frame of the film states "Any resemblance to real events, to persons living or dead, is not accidental. It is DELIBERATE."
*Great* camera work.

RAN_MoviePoster-thumb.jpg

Ran was, of course, awesome. I hadn't seen it before and it's only my second Kurosawa film. I'm looking forward to more.

Control

I wasn't really expecting much out of it, but I thought overall it was a great film. I never heard of Sam Riley before this, but I think his acting was awesome.