Welcome Guest

⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
    Forum Rules Film Chit-Chat
    Recently Watched Best Documentaries
    ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️ ⭐️
  • Film & TV Moderators: ghostfreak

last movie you watched v. 2.0

I watched Big Fish last night whilst on Ket. It's strange enough sober but watching it on K was...super super strange.

AmorRoark said:
The Watermelon Woman - I LOVED this film. About a black lesbian trying to unveil the historiography of black women in film. It's heavily layer in that it deals with interracial relationships, class systems, generational differences, black community, lesbian community and trying to fit into all these categories without losing oneself. Really. Rent it! If you can find it. :(

Bah, I used to have this on video during my obsession with all things Guin. But I can honestly say that I never really enjoyed it at all. I just wasn't feeling it.

Have you ever seen Fun?. Badly put together, yet promising.

http://imdb.com/title/tt0109855/

AmorRoark said:
Hedwig and the Angry Inch does the rock musical WELL. I like the development of the queer themes and the songs aren't *too* ;) bad.

Now you're talking :D

Last film I watched - Creepshow, recommended by Crystalcallas.

170464~Creepshow-Posters.jpg

Verdict
14.gif

Though I'm still itching after that whole cockroach thing :(

^ Just tell it to call you Billy ;) <3 Strangely, I felt more itchy watching Stephen King get all furried up on green carpet than the cockroach ep!

Last movie I saw was Disturbia...borrowed the dvd from a friend. It was okay watching on a late Saturday night with nothing else on the telly.

Boys Don't Cry

boysdontcry.jpg

I kinda can't believe I hadn't seen this film already. I generally liked it, though I did have a couple very specific problems with it.

Spoiler:
NSFW:
I really hated the sex scene after Branden is raped. Before it was pretty clear that he didn't like taking his clothes off during sex. Sure, one could argue it was because he didn't want his lover to discover he was actually a girl. But even if you accept that, why the hell would someone think that Branden, a person who denies his female status, and what's more had just been raped, want to engage in lesbian sex? It doesn't make any freaking sense to me. I have a difficult time getting past it. I think it suggests the film isn't totally comfortable with Branden as a transgendered person. He has to be a lesbian. Maybe I'm reading too far into it. It honestly didn't break the movie for me entirely.

Blades of Glory

.... i really wish the last film i watched was something credible now

Vogues of 1938.
I had forgotten that I had put this on my netflix. The 1930's backstage musical is one of my favorite movie genres. But this one just sucked.
Songs were horrible, no star singers or dancers, comedy fell flat. It was like a long musical fashion show. Hats and furs were all the rage in 1938, it would appear.
But Joan Bennett (my 3rd favorite Joan after Blondell and Crawford) shined and is outrageously goodlooking. Like a blonde Myrna Loy.

Black Snake Moan

This movie is the blues. Literally. I liked it.

^ you should check out 'spaced'. only two seasons and they're both great.

alasdair

AmorRoark said:
Boys Don't Cry

Hey, what's with all the gayness lately? :D

Alaisdairm said:
you should check out 'spaced'. only two seasons and they're both great.

I would say the first series was more consistent though. But yeah, both excellent.

bRoken&foRgoTTen said:
im heading out right now to go watch Babel ...

ill comment later on what i thought of it ;)

lame ... i feel asleep in the movie twice
it was a decent movie, but just did not have any entertainment value

tribal girl said:
Hey, what's with all the gayness lately? :D

I'm in a queer studies through film class right now... but Boys Don't Cry was completely on my own. The gays have slightly shifted my movies of choice for the time being. ;)

tribal girl said:
I Know Who Killed Me:

poster_i-know-who-killed-me.jpg

A big ol' pile of poopie shit
13.gif
OMFG THIS MOVIE SUCKED BALLS I WAS REALLY MAD FOR WASTING MY MONEY

Image Of Relief - over 3 months ago :p
I don't know why, but lately I don't have any will to watch movies