• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

How can you tell if someone has been doing a certain drug?

CKMorpheus

Bluelighter
I e-mailed thelazer and he said I could post this here
Hello,
How can I tell if someone has been doing the following drugs? Explain some symptoms, some physical changes, personality changes, what type of drug they are, how they can be taken in, several names for them, and just something that might just scream out, "I'm doing drugs!!" (Like if someone was snorting coke, they might accidentally miss a bit of on their nose so I could see they've been doing it)
Coke?
Weed?
Heroin?
Ecstasy?
Crack?
Methamphetamines?
Special K? (What is this one?)
LSD?
This will be very helpful to my story. Thank you in advance.
------------------
Hope is just another phase you grow out of.
[This message has been edited by CKMorpheus (edited 27 June 2001).]

I'm sure someone nice will give you a better anwser, but to get you started you may want to check out Erowid.
Special K = Ketamine.
Max

Well of course you must mention that there is no "tell-all" sign of any drug. There are probably people you've known all your life that do drugs, and no one would ever suspect them of it. I mean, unless you're in the thrawls of a major addiction it *can* be pretty hard to tell if *some* people are doing drugs (Rememebers friend getting pulled over for speeding, while peaking on an acid trip, both of us shitting balls, but the officer not having a clue).
Especially marijuana. People who smoke pot a lot are often very good with the drug, hence it would be very hard to tell (not counting the granolas).
Coke and amphetamines: More talkative; can't sit still; seems like they're going a hundered miles per hour; anxious
I'm giving up here (just lost complete interest, sorry), maybe I'll write more later

Maximus and dmt, thanks a lot for that link! It's really helpful. People can still post on the thread if they want to. Everything helps.
------------------

First thing -- the whole point of this board is for people to minimise any harm to their health by providing information on the safe(r) use of drugs. Learn more before you make an all encompassing statement
To get to your other question:
Stimulants (cocaine, MDMA, (meth)amphetamines etc.) in general cause dilation of the pupils -- this is generally the best way to spot if someone is on something. Often stimulants (in particular MDMA) result in the clenching of the jaw, or sucking or chewing and this too proves quite noticeable. After a while of being around the scene it becomes much easier to notice if someone is on something... I can usually tell what someone is on from a quick glance.
Marijuana is easy although the point above is very true - those who smoke alot of pot or have been doing it for a while are generally able to hide it very well. Red eyes is a telltale sign, although with ClearEyes on the market this isn't as simple as it used to be!:p
I don't have any in depth experience with opiates so maybe some of the others can fill you in on those.
------------------
-----
Go hard or go home
[This message has been edited by Sherbert_Ass (edited 25 June 2001).]

It's fairly easy to tell when some-one is actually ON most drugs..
With most opiates there is a constriction of the pupils (pin-eyed, because the pupils look like little pin pricks)
With most hallucinogens there is a dilation of the pupils and the person's head goes a reddish color (well mine does anyway)
smile.gif
BUTTTT.. having said that.. it's not really that likely that (if you're a parent, and your wondering about your kid) your actaully going to SEE your kid on drugs.. With most drugs I can go from being completed fucked to looking pretty much normal within 12 hours.. (more for LSD..) And it's not really that hard to stay out of your parents way for at least 12 hours.. (I just stay at a mates house, or failing that -- go for a big drive down the coast..)
I hope that helps...
and the best thing to do is to just trust your kid (or the suspected person).. it's better that way.. and alot less pain in the long run...
And educate yourself on drugs (go to erowid or just ask alot of questions here.. this is what it's for
wink.gif
).. it's the best defense/offense against drugs...
That's about it for the moment..
richie..

Damn, this could be a really long answer to talk about each and every drug you named. Erowid is definately the place to start. But I'd like to give a few answers of my own.
Opiates (heroin, morphine, demoral, oxycodone) - the first sign I think is the constricted pupils. I can be high as hell and carry on a normal conversation. And all of a sudden the person I am talking to will say "holy shit your pupils are small, what is wrong with you?" "uh, nothing maybe it's just from being in a bright light." "but, it's been dark for hours" "uh, i don't know, can we just finish the conversation?"
stimulants (coke, meth) - people talking fast and about nonsense shit is the first sign to me. People are all happy and want to run around and do lots of stuff. And the pupils are big.
Ecstacy - that really depends on how far gone the person is. Somebody with a tolerance can eat a pill or 2 and act fine. But they will always have fully dialated puils. No way around that and no solution. If the person is very high, they'll probably be off in their own world and rubbing themselves or something. Teeth-grinding or just having their joaw locked is a biggie. (as is with speed also) Ecstacy is the only drug that I can think of that has a full lifestyle to go with it. You know the raver look: flashy pants, lots of colorful, cheap jewelry, etc. A pacifier hanging around somebody's neck is a sure sign they are either already rolling or will be soon.
Special K - hard to tell unless a person is relly gone. You can do quite a bit of this and still walk around a carry on a normal conversation. If they have taken lots of it, they'll be spaced out and disassociated.
Hallucinogens - I'll leave most of this to erowid. I guess you just have to be around a person like that to know what it looks like.

First off i would like to say that everyone everyone gets effected dif some things may work for some people and dif for others like i have been rollign e for 2 years about and never had jaw clenching i dont think i would know what it is and its nto cuase my e is bad. and like the person above me said some people can munch a few pills sit next to u and just shake their foot and some will be on the floor rollign around screaming in extacy
with k in mild dose's its liek they are drunk in genral the best way to know who is doing what is to have experience on the drug like i can pick out at a club who is rolilgn on e or somthing
------------------
"People say games effect children, Games dont effect childern. Shit if games did, i mean if Pac-Man affected us when we were kids we would all be running around in dark rooms munching on pills and listening to repetitive music.........."

I've been checking out the LSD section of Erowid and I'm just wondering... What's a blotter? How do you use it?
------------------

You want simple answers to complicated questions. You are shocked at what we do becuase you dont know anything about drugs or how they work. You will need to know how they work and what they do if you want to be able to tell if someone is on them. Even then many addicts and users are very good at hiding what they are on.
If you are writing about drugs and know nothing about them you are a part of the problem.

A blotter is a piece of absorbant paper that lsd is put on to (blotter paper). these are also called "tabs".

A blotter is a little square of paper that has LSD on it. The "tab" is usually about 1/4" x 1/4". They are torn off of a sheet of acid, usually containing 100 hits. Do a little research to answer such a simple question. Most of the questions on bluelight that get serious answers are about experiences and the way that certain things effect people. If you are just looking for straight facts, you can usually find these answers on sites like erowid.
For lots of pics, check this out:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/lsd/lsd_images.shtml
And tell me this isn't the coolest looking sheet you've ever seen with 900 hits on it:
http://www.erowid.org/chemicals/show_image3.php?Nav=1&image=lsd/lsd_blotter_ap_fractal-coast.jpg

CKMorph I'm not trying to flame you or tell you off here, I'm just letting you know how we can "recklessly fill our bodies with toxins without considering the effects on our bodies".
Most of the drug users who post here on bluelight are probably some the most responsible people around when it comes to considering the effects of drugs on the body. Although we do drugs that are considered "evil" or "harmful" or whatever by most people, the truth is, if you look at it objectively, is that alot of these drugs are safer and less toxic than alcohol. The purpose of this website is to educate people on substances that they are considering trying. You wont see many bluelighters (in this form anyway) taking Ecstacy every weekend or going on heavy drinking binges very often. This is becuase we have done our research, and we know what drugs actually do to your body and brain. I know it is very hard to consider the fact that the authorities and your teachers are wrong about the dangers of certian drugs, but its true. When used responsibly, most drugs will not cause long lasting, serious (or even minor) damage to ones body.
Ok so heres some info that might help you:
Weed - If people are really blazzed up, its easy to tell. Red/swollen eyes, laughing at things that arn't funny, slow reaction rate, very forgetful. Now if people smoke pot on a regular basis, it can be almost impossible to tell, the eyes are really the only clue, and often teh redness/swelling stops occuring in heavy users.
Coke - Tons of energy, very talkative. Something I noticed (although im no expert) is that people becuase alot more aggressive when under the unfluence of cocaine.
Heroin - Lethargic, tiny pupils. Usually very content with everything and really not much modivation to do anything (generally, not always)
Ecstacy - Tons of different signs that vary all the time. This is probably due to the fact the E is usually mixed with god knows what. Common signs are jaw clenching, weird things with the eyes (ie. rolling back in head occationly, closing eyes for a couple of seconds every once and awhile, dialated pupils).
Meth- Extream energy. People often don't sleep for days so this can lead to worn out look (bags under eyes, pale skin ect.). Very talkative and happy.
Crack- i dont really know, sorry.
Ketamine - Either totally unresponsive (staring into space) or similar to drunks, depends on the dosage.
LSD, Mushrooms, ect. - Dialated pupils, being weird. Although most people can act somewhat normally when they have to, hallucingens usually make people pretty weird, like they say stuff that doesn't make sense, or is just simply not something a normal person would say (I think that this flower represents my life... or stuff like that)
Hope this helps, and although I know this is alot to ask, try to to classify all drug users are loser junkies in your report. That is really not the case.

Sorry, this one is getting killed... we don't need a bunch of concerned parents thinking that their kid is a speed freak because he stays out till 3am ...
It's simple, there are people who can lose control after smoking a joint, and there are others, such as myself, that use IV drugs on a very regular basis... we hold jobs and are productive members of this world ..
If a parent suspects their child is using drugs then they need to go into it with an open mind, or better yet, keep a closer eye on what your kids are doing in the first place...
As others have said, there is no "tell-all" sign .. sorry, kids will expairment, some will find things they enjoy and run with that... pay attention and hopefully no one gets hurt...
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

Fuck it, I will let this live... see what type of responses we get..
------------------
PACK.MY.BEAK

Let's say that if somebody keeps touching their nose ( hard to explain ,but let's say in a massage like motion), scratching their legs and nodding they are probably on heroin.Teeth grinding and weird facial muscles twitches are tell tale signs of amphetamine use. I can tell coked up people by looking at their faces but that comes from experience ( do alot yourself and you'll be able to tell if others are doing it). Once you have been using certain drugs for a long time you sort of get an "inbuilt-radar" for spotting fellow users.
just my two cents.
-cristina

glow sticks and bottled water. ha ha ha
look at their eyes for dialation. It could be amphetamines. HAving a bad trip usually makes you bug eyed and sweaty. I saw a kid foam from the mouth and twitch like crazy after using a ton of PCP. Definetly there is no sure fire way. Check out erowid