• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax for recreational use??

Status
Not open for further replies.

julybrasil

Bluelighter
Alright, so ive been seeing some people here saying they take Xanax for recreational use and get euphoria from it. Can u explain how and how much do u take?? It's just curiosity. I mean, i take 2mg of xanax to fly (cause im very afraid to fly) and after 30 min i cant even walk straight. I just start feeling very relaxed until i fall asleep and i do wake up a coulple of times throughout the flight to eat, then go back to sleep. but i just feel very relaxed and with no anxiety at all, and the hours just go by quick. So, how can u take higher doses for "recreational" purposes and feel euphoria and not pass out??

most people dont get the drowsiness to that extent, but I guess it acts strongly to you.

for the most part it is just relaxing, i dont find any euphoria to it.

yea at first even .5 mg's of xanax will make a non-tolerant person pass out. Over time people just get used to the high, and find ways to enjoy it. It just takes some time an experience. I myself never found xanax recreational because i just passout and dont remember anything the next day. I like to actually use xanax as a sleep aid,anxiety, or to aid withdrawl symptoms, and thats where it pretty much stops for me. But if u want to try and get some fun out of it try and experiment a lil bit with how much you take, try and find that happy medium between where u pass out, and sobreity. I would suggest u try 1mg and see what that does, because 2 is onviously putting u on ur butt lol and ya cant have much fun while your drooling and snoring. hope this helped a bit, even tho im not too experienced with the benzo's just thought id help u out a lil, im sure some die hard benzo head will come in here and make me look stupid any moment now.

you need a tolerance to fully enjoy the sedating benzos for recreational use. i used to have the same problem, i'd take xanax, feel good for a little while but then feel overwhelmingly tired and pass out.

but now that i have a tolerance, i love it. when i take it, i usually don't get that tired at all. i just feel euphoria, less anxious and really relaxed and music sounds better.

The only time I ever took Xanax I took 2mg and I just felt tired for about two hours. I don't have any benzo tolerance either, I'm guessing Xanax reacts differently for you.

over time i have built up a tolerance. at first when i would take one 2mg bar(the white ones with the scores on it?) and feel very euphoric and food would taste amazing. and would not remember the experience , now to get the same feeling without memory loss i take 5 2mg bars. i can stay awake for a long time and just relax. its good times its my favorite "downer" ever.

Ive never found xanax make me drousy at just about any dose, in fact I find it makes me sociable and outgoing to the point where I almost feel like im on a stimulant.

^^Really? I have been taking it for awhile and it still makes me very drowsy.

I agree with most everyone else. You need to develop a slight tolerance to it before it becomes recreational. After that all you need is .5mg-1mg to get a nice relaxing buzz.

^^I've been on it, on and off, since 2001 and I still get nothing from it. Perhaps I am a rare case though...

xanax is very recreational. i love it - it's awesome for chilling out and making the hours fly by, except there have been a few times when I've eaten more and more throughout and the day and ended up having nearly two days of memory blackout.

i find recreationally, it's best not to mix with alcohol - alcohol 'dirties' the feeling somehow.

it's also the easy to abuse them - they have a relatively short half life, so you definitely get that feeling of 'something's missing' - like when the e has started to come down a bit. if you're taking them for anxiety, you will definitely get rebound anxiety if you start using them recreationally. you'll start to get anxious when you're not on them, and this can cause you to take more - you really have to be strong and sort out which is 'real' anxiety and which is false. i've caught myself 'inducing' a panic attack on more than one occasion just to justify eating a tablet or two. or three.

if you're getting prescribed xanax for anxiety issues, try not to get involved with it recreationally - for starters you'll be dipping into your supply of a medicine that you might seriously need at some point (i don't know if you get panic attacks - but there have been times I could have flayed myself for eating my supply recreationally) also, you can find your anxiety issues worsening.

i've had a lot of experience with a wide range of drugs, and have over the course of several years had to stop taking them (one by one) because of anxiety issues. some drugs are very hard to kick. if you have anxiety issues, benzos, like xanax, can be the hardest drugs to kick of all.

i don't wanna sound like a narky old turd, coz i love benzos - but think of them as a credit card. what you get, you'll have to pay back at some point - so don't go on a spending spree and blow the limit and end up paying off interest for the rest of your life.

respect and peace.

ps: try 1 mg sublingually, or with a wee bit of grapefruit juice if 2mg is putting you on your ass. a bit of caffeine can help as well - in a double way because there is evidence to suggest that caffeine actually competes with benzos for some neuroreceptors

good luck and hope you find the chill space:|

It depends on person to person. I have a lot of experience with xanax and I never got any euphoria from it on any dose, even with tolerance. whether it was a low dose (2mg or less) or high dose (4mg or more). Never was it euphoric for me. It was relaxing and sometimes caused me to pass out. but it never made me feel euphoria. But like I an others have said, it depends on the person. I have no idea why it is euphoric for some, and not for others, but thats just the way it is.

julybrasil said:
Alright, so ive been seeing some people here saying they take Xanax for recreational use and get euphoria from it. Can u explain how and how much do u take?? It's just curiosity. I mean, i take 2mg of xanax to fly (cause im very afraid to fly) and after 30 min i cant even walk straight. I just start feeling very relaxed until i fall asleep and i do wake up a coulple of times throughout the flight to eat, then go back to sleep. but i just feel very relaxed and with no anxiety at all, and the hours just go by quick. So, how can u take higher doses for "recreational" purposes and feel euphoria and not pass out??

I have extensive experience with benzo and have even tried some "exotic" benzos, and I can tell you that alprazolam's recreational value is minimal relative to some other benzos. It is a great benzo for anxiety, tension and panic attacks, and if you do not have a tolerance, it can knock you out. But other than that, it's recreational value is nothing compared to strong benzos like nitrazepam, temazepam, or flunitrazepam.
2 mg may be a bit too strong for you, try a lower dose or even better yet, switch to another benzo. I suggest 10 mg diazepam, 1 mg lorazepam or 1 mg clonazepam. So my best advice is to switch to a different benzo altogether -- the ones I suggested -- all are not too strong and should not knock you out (and clonazepam and diazepam tend to have more recreational value than alprazolam does). Alprazolam should not knock you out like that either, so switching to a smaller dose like 1 mg would be a good idea also.

^lol that's so not true, i've tried all three you mentioned, i've found nitrazepam to be totaly shit. even at 40mg (4xmax pill dosage here). diazepam is shit compared to alprazolam wtf man, seriously. and i find clonazepam to be weaker even at the same dose 2mg than alprazolam. it's just longer lasting. how can you say clonazepam is more recreational than alprazolam? lol.
flunitrazepam is a completly different story though, one of the best benzo hands down.
still it's just stupid to say 'it's recreational value is nothing compared to blah blah blah'. are you serious? lol.

Yea for the most part I would tend to disagree with morphinator as well. Ranked in order of recreational use I would put clonazepam first, alprazolam second, diazepam third, and lorazepam last. Mg for mg, alprazolam is the strongest in my experience.

What do you know... its a matter of opinion.

As for recreational use, I find its best in combination. A little xanax when you smoke some weed, a little xanax when you take some opiates, some to come down from speed/coke, etc. Whatever drug(s) you're into, you can find a way to use xanax with or after them.

I think the euphoria is placebo.

Panicky people suddenly see themselves carefree, doing shit they'd never do. That, to some people, can be very euphoric.

El_Toro said:
I think the euphoria is placebo.

Panicky people suddenly see themselves carefree, doing shit they'd never do. That, to some people, can be very euphoric.
very true. i get no euphria even though i am normally anxious. For me it doesnt even work well therapeutically unless in high doses (2.5 mg xanax or 4 mg clonazepam with low tolerance)

Status
Not open for further replies.