• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax for recreational use??

Status
Not open for further replies.
El_Toro said:
I think the euphoria is placebo.

Panicky people suddenly see themselves carefree, doing shit they'd never do. That, to some people, can be very euphoric.
You're kidding right? :p

julybrasil said:
Alright, so ive been seeing some people here saying they take Xanax for recreational use and get euphoria from it. Can u explain how and how much do u take?? It's just curiosity. I mean, i take 2mg of xanax to fly (cause im very afraid to fly) and after 30 min i cant even walk straight. I just start feeling very relaxed until i fall asleep and i do wake up a coulple of times throughout the flight to eat, then go back to sleep. but i just feel very relaxed and with no anxiety at all, and the hours just go by quick. So, how can u take higher doses for "recreational" purposes and feel euphoria and not pass out??

The thing with xanax is you dont need to take higher doses to get 'recreational' effects. Most (non tolerant users) consider the feelings you get from a normal dose to be reacreational. Others consider the passing out/blacking out aspect to be recreational.

Its not like opiates where its the same high no matter what but just gets stronger the higher you go. Different doses of xanax will do different things. Low doses (in non tolerant users) cause relaxation, a litle bit higher you get mild sedation plus reduction of anxiety, and high doses its like being really drunk where youre blacking out and stumbling all over the place while being extremely relaxed. Thats just how I see it and it may be way off from how others see it, but thats because I dont use benzos regularly at all. Very rarely anymore, actually. I used to take them all the time, however, years ago.

burn out said:
lol the euphoria isn't placebo, benzodiazepines activate the reward centers of the brain just like opiates and alcohol, just not as strongly.

http://www.biopsychiatry.com/benzabuse.html

That means nothing.

I have the sheet that comes in the box, and in side effects, it says nothing about euphoria. In fact, I am looking at the percentiles, and it actually lists dysphoria in the 1 to 10%.

Wikipedia says nothing about euphoria whatsoever, and so do other websites I am looking at.

I have quite a bit of experience with alprazolam too, and I have never found it euphoric whatsoever. However, I have done things I would never do sober, which led to euphoria. Close friends have tried it as well, and reported sedation and a care-free attitude coupled with confusion (high doses).

^ Wow. I just had a craving for caesar salad all of a sudden. Shit.

I've taken Xanax on and off, ( Mostly on) since 1986. But I use it in conjunction with other Bi-Polar meds. I take 2 bars (4mg) a day and without it, I am panic filled, fearful, my moods cycle up and down. Xanax is for people who NEED them and people who use them to get high are making it harder and harder to get legitimately. No offense to anyone who does, because I DO understand it is perhaps the number one abused and illegally sold pills on the face of the earth. I'm just saying it's a catch 22. But doctors are def. looking at this drug carefully and being more and more selective with its prescribing. Thank God my doctor understands that my life without Xanax is unmanageable!!!! It really is a miracle drug when used as intended. But I DO realize that it gives you a good buzz at first, until your body builds up a tolerance to it.

2mg is a pretty high dose for just flying

and no IMO xanax sucks, and has no euphoria, ive been prescribed all types of benzos and ive tryed, but they are jsut good for its prescribed purposes.

maybe its cz i trye to get high after ive gotten high on opates, and i expected too much

for me there's nothing recreational about it. it's basically a sleeping pill.

you need a tolerance to fully enjoy the sedating benzos for recreational use. i used to have the same problem, i'd take xanax, feel good for a little while but then feel overwhelmingly tired and pass out.

but now that i have a tolerance, i love it. when i take it, i usually don't get that tired at all. i just feel euphoria, less anxious and really relaxed and music sounds better.

In my expierence thats what its like.

For me, Xanax isn't beneficial for recreational use all by itself. If I take it alone and I don't take enough, it does nothing for me. If I take too much I always end up falling asleep. However, when taken with oxycontin it seems to extend or inhance the high.

Word to the weight-conscious: Because it lowers your inhibition, you may tend to eat things you may not normally allow yourself to eat- Much like alcohol. I find myself eating everything and anything I would not normally allow myself to eat.

I think you need a benzo tolerance to enjoy a benzo buzz. Benzo's actually wire me and make me function better.

But if we want to talk just xanax and feeling a euphoric high, you can get it. But you wont always get it. People with no tolerance will take 2 xanax and act like idiots. It's very strong, even when you have a tolerance.

Status
Not open for further replies.