• Psychedelic Drugs Welcome Guest
    View threads about
    Posting RulesBluelight Rules
    PD's Best Threads Index
    Social ThreadSupport Bluelight
    Psychedelic Beginner's FAQ

Bromo-dragonfly scraps and bickering

As for the duration of the hike, SWIM is fond of walking around, taking frequent pit stops to do yoga, roll spliffs, converse with friends, eat food, drink water, dance around, recite poetry, and much else besides. SWIM would call it camping except there probably wouldn't be much sleep involved.

Well I'm happy to hear SWIM didn't need an ambulance or have other medical problems while dancing around in the wilderness on a bleeding edge research chemical ;)

> Well I'm happy to hear SWIM didn't need an ambulance or have other
> medical problems while dancing around in the wilderness on a
> bleeding edge research chemical

As usual, you assume too much. SWIM said SWIM thought the substance to perhaps best be suited to a hike or outdoor festival - which was not to say that this was the context in which it was taken.

For the record, SWIM took it in an apartment, with a sober assistant, and ready access to a phone.

Do you have any more irrelevant condescension, or are we through here?

^^^

Well excuse me. But:

SWIM spent the final two hours of the trip recovering in an isolation tank, and found it to assist wonderfully in assisting re-entry to baseline.

As for the duration of the hike, SWIM is fond of walking around, taking frequent pit stops to do yoga, roll spliffs, converse with friends, eat food, drink water, dance around, recite poetry, and much else besides. SWIM would call it camping except there probably wouldn't be much sleep involved.

Doesn't sound hypothetical and doesn't sound safe either and this being a harm reduction forum I felt the need to comment. I have at least one report of an individual who lost contact with reality on this drug.

Last edited:
> Well excuse me.

Et ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, + et Spiritus Sancti.

> But:

>> SWIM spent the final two hours of the trip recovering in an
>> isolation tank, and found it to assist wonderfully in assisting
>> re-entry to baseline.

>> As for the duration of the hike, SWIM is fond of walking around,
>> taking frequent pit stops to do yoga, roll spliffs, converse with
>> friends, eat food, drink water, dance around, recite poetry, and
>> much else besides. SWIM would call it camping except there
>> probably wouldn't be much sleep involved.

> Doesn't sound hypothetical

The isolation tank bit certainly wasn't hypothetical. As I said, you assume too much. SWIM took the substance, and afterwards gave hir appraisal of contexts in which s/he might like to do it sometime in the future. Then, you said:

> Sounds like a long hike though if it lasts 24 hrs.

I then described the sorts of hikes that SWIM likes to take - which isn't hypothetical, as SWIM has taken them many times before (on and off of a variety of compounds), but which also had nothing to do with the bromo-dragonFLY experience.

You assume too much, that is all.

> and doesn't sound safe either

What sounds unsafe about it? Plz elaborate.

> and this being a harm reduction forum I felt the need to comment

You certainly didn't comment about a lack of safety in your first reply, merely noted that it would be a "long hike". Further, you assume that SWIM has to hike for the entire duration of the experience, when, in fact, s/he might simply hike for 6 or 7 hours, then return to a friend's home at the base of a mountain for warm drink and spliffs. Hypothetically.

> I have at least one report of an individual who lost contact
> with reality on this drug.

Wow, that sounds nothing like LSD or mescaline...oh wait...

> For informational purposes, here's the report, from a
> reputable individual in another forum:

I would consider it more of a comment or a description than a report. A report might certainly prove interesting, but it is difficult for me to tell what exactly happened to this person other than that they tripped balls.

> I have at least one report of an individual who lost contact
> with reality on this drug.
Wow, that sounds nothing like LSD or mescaline...oh wait...

"babysitter required, reality gone(Delusional/Dreamscape) not fit for general population" doesn't sound much like LSD or mescaline to me. Some people may react to LSD that way, but that quote came from a very experienced tripper.

Et ego te absolvo a peccatis tuis in nomine Patris, et Filii, + et Spiritus Sancti.

If you have anything further to contribute on bromo-dragonfly please contribute it. If you have a personal problem or want to share other nonsense with me please take it to PM's.

Last edited:
gloggawogga, "babysitter required, reality gone(Delusional/Dreamscape) not fit for general population" sounds exactly like a hefty dose of most psychedelics to me, depending on set and setting.

^^^

Like I said, maybe for some. But I know the individual who wrote that and I don't think he would have said that if he thought the bromo dragonfly were like LSD or mescaline. "babysitter required" certainly doesn't sound like he would think its good for a hike or camping trip. YMMV.

uhhh....who is SWIM ? lool

an anonymous "I" who does try all the bad things you would never do ?

Someone who isnt me. A not very cunning ploy to escape detection or claim that it in fact wasnt you who had/took the substance.

> an anonymous "I" who does try all the bad things you
> would never do ?

Yes.

I both admire and hate him.

> Someone who isnt me. A not very cunning ploy to escape
> detection or claim that it in fact wasnt you who had/took
> the substance.

I don't mind admitting that I took the substance, I just used the old standby on a momentary whimsy.

[Mod's note: edited for content - PM me if you have questions]

Last edited by a moderator:
^^
Bromo-Dragonfly is many times more potent than 2C-B-Fly. My guess is that 100ug of Bromo-Dragonfly will reliably provide long +++ experiences for most trippers.

Aaaah, I just realized that that was for 2CB-Fly, not the aromatized dragonfly. Duh! Silly me.

[Mod's note: edited for content - PM me if you have questions - this together with your previous post is stupid]

Great... I have no idea which isomer mixture those fuckheads are going to send me. I have a strong feeling it's going to be racemic though, isn't it pretty expensive to separate the isomers?

crOOk

I don't remember the name atm but I know at least one Benzo that is strongly increasing and potentiating the effects of DOB. :\