• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax dosage?

Yeah, I'd try .5 before the presentation to see how it affects you. Then I'd either take .25 or .5 depending on how it went. .25 will probably be your best bet.

I dunno about .5, given the fact that it sounds like he's taken other sedating drugs before.

Even though there's no cross-tolerance between opiates and benzos, one can definitely prepare you for the side-effects of the other.

He probably won't be very affected by the dizziness, and most likely will be able to stay awake. I'd vote for 1mg as a first time dose, especially if taking it by itself. Worst case scenario, you have an unscheduled nap.

I can see taking .5 if mixing it with Oxy's, because you can always add more. Just remember if you do that, to wait at LEAST 45 minutes before re-dosing, an hour would be better. Xanax can kick in pretty quick, but I find it takes a bit to actually peak... and don't worry about missing out on anything if you wait. The peak lasts about an hour in-and-of itself, and Xanax is really good at 'jump starting' itself if you take more just as it's about to fade.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the "before a presentation" part. I was figuring you'd be sitting on a couch watching cartoons or something equally silly lol.

I'd vote .5 for the presentation, and if you're worried about it making you drowsy while up in front of people, just take it an hour and a half or 2 hours before... you'll be past the worse of it by then.

GenericMind said:
Yeah, I'd try .5 before the presentation to see how it affects you. Then I'd either take .25 or .5 depending on how it went. .25 will probably be your best bet.

I will probably end up doing this. Thankyou. :)

Lingering Grin said:
I dunno about .5, given the fact that it sounds like he's taken other sedating drugs before.

No experience with benzo's as of yet.

The sedating drugs I have experience with are:

Ketamine
Weed
Alcohol
+ combinations of all three.

Lingering Grin said:
Oh, I didn't see the "before a presentation" part. I was figuring you'd be sitting on a couch watching cartoons or something equally silly lol.

I'd vote .5 for the presentation, and if you're worried about it making you drowsy while up in front of people, just take it an hour and a half or 2 hours before... you'll be past the worse of it by then.

Ahh, yes. It's not recreational, like I said.

And yea, it's before the presentation that really messes with me. As long as I get under way with some sort of sedative affect it probably won't be too much of a problem if it does wear off halfway through whilst talking.

Rated E said:
I will probably end up doing this. Thankyou. :)

No experience with benzo's as of yet.

The sedating drugs I have experience with are:

Ketamine
Weed
Alcohol
+ combinations of all three.

Yea, you should be okay with the side-affects. I know the first time I took Xanax it made me crazy dizzy, but I had -NO- experience with anything like that. I didn't even drink at that time. (I smoked pot, and had done ecstasy, that was about it).

It's really not too bad once you get used to it. I don't even feel uncoordinated anymore. Just warm-and-fuzzy.

Tested out about .3mg tonight.

Very enjoyable. Even at such a low dose.

I can see myself getting into this a bit more, sadly. :D

I take 2 mg for sleep occasionally. I understand some people do it recreationally, but I don't see the appeal. I was on lorazepam for a month, but I got a tolerance and my doc decided it was pointless.

Fuckkk I wish I had some xanax so I could fall asleep. ^I bet you're feeling happy:)