• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Xanax dosage?

Prea

Bluelighter
I should be getting 2mg of xanax here soon, but I've heard a variety of different suggestions on dosage.

Would 2mg be too much to take for a first time? I plan on possibly taking 10 or 15mg of oxy with it too.

If you don't have a benzo tolerance, taking 2mg will probably fuck you up really good. I'd say try a quarter of that pill lol.

1mg with a small dose of Oxy should make for an enjoyable night. If you take the whole 2mg you'll probably want to go to sleep.

Alright, so I guess I should take 1mg by itself to try it out. Then I'll take the other 1mg with some oxy.

What's the best way of taking it? My friends tell me its best to snort it, but everyone online seems to suggest just popping it, because of all of the fillers, and the less amount absorbed.
Is there any reason to parachute it, or is it all released at once normally?

Oral is most likely going to be the popular choice.

It is a pill, it is meant for oral consumption!

You can always take the other MG after, if you want to get more sloppy sally.

Well parachuting would be taking it orally too.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I might stick around on this forum, seems pretty nice. The other forum that I go on with multiple drug forums is rather inactive.

0.5 mg will give you a feel for its effects but it is NOT a recreational dose at ALL. 2 mg alone would prob get you feeling good. But, with oxy, 1 mg should do good.

I, personally, haven't used xanax recreationally yet but I find that 0.5 mg helps with rushing thoughts and other forms of anxiety before sleep. Probably will be having some fun with it soon though.

klonopin and xanax are about the same dosage wise... i took 3mg of klonopin for my first time... i just said "screw it, worst case scenario i black out..." that was a bad idea....should have taken half that much or 2mg at most.... me and the two girls i was with decided to smoke, and in the morning there was half smoked weed all over the floor... we just sort of dumped it out for god knows what reason.... i passed out on the floor for a while until i eventually stumbled to my bed... thats all i remember from that night. i learned that i also talked to my step sister and asked her for some pills to kill the pain an abscess on my chin was putting me in... im pretty sure i was noticeably fucked up and she didn't give me anything...

start low like 1 or 1.5mg. even lower if you plan to take oxy with it... but any dose of xanax by itself isnt going to kill you, granted you might do something stupid that results in bodily harm but the drug itself isn't going to do you in... i shouldn't say any dose, maybe if you ate enough to put you into a chemically induced coma until you died of dehydration that would kill you, more along the lines of any reasonable dose. ive heard of people who have taken 90mg of klonopin and they went into a coma for a couple weeks...

^Depends on the person. I have been using xanax on and off for years and .5mg still gets me buzzed. 2mg would knock me right out. Everyone's body is different, though 1mg would likely be fine as well.

By the way, its not fair to say that clonazepam and alprazolam have the same dosing curve. I've heard very bad things about 10 mg of clonazepam but relatively ok things about 10 mg alprazolam.

Btw, don't rail alprazolam. The bioavailability is better orally because it isn't too water soluble.

I wouldn't eat more than 1mg especially with the oxy. I prefer to get a feel on one chem at a time and would wait on the oxy myself until I know what to expect with the xanex. My mistake when I first got ahold of 2mg bars was taking halfs too close together and ended up just getting sleepy.

pihkal

I personaly think that benzos go along much better with H and morphine than oxys.

Btw, alprazolam has a longer halflife than oxycodone. Keep that in mind.

In layman's terms, it lasts longer. It won't really effect the experience but it's good to keep in mind.

xxanxxtwo said:
I would try .5mg first, just to see how you react to it.

Good advice. I had an atypical reaction to xanax the first time I took it and .5mg made me hallucinate, but not in a pleasant sort of way. It was really weird. I tried the same dose again and had a similar reaction. I've had good reactions to every other benzo, and I've tried quite a few of them. Always start low with a new medication, even if it's in a class of drugs that you are familiar with.

New Question:

So I've got a presentation later in the week. Presentations tend to give me nerves, so I have a xanax I'm planning to take.

It's 1mg.

I have no tolerance, I've never done xanax before.

I'd just like some suggestions as to dosage or advisability on said course of action...

I'm thinking about taking half (0.5mg) or a quarter (0.25mg) of it a day or two before the presentation to test it out and see how my tolerance is, and whether I can focus while under the effects.

Note: this is not recreational at all. I am not after a high. I just want to be able to relax to do a speech in class.

Also any suggestions as to how long before the class to take it. The presentation will go for about an hour or so, with me talking for like 20 minutes of that. But I'm sure once I'm underway with the presentation I will be ok, as it's mainly before the speech that I get nervous.

your first time?
honestly...start really low so you can get a good idea of how it affects you, .5/mg would do fine, see how that works, if not as desired up it by .5. When I first used c.lonazepam 0.5 mg knocked me out, oh how times have changed.

gorgoroth said:
When I first used c.lonazepam 0.5 mg knocked me out

hmmm

If that's the case, I guess I will try 0.25mg. It's Alprazolam by the way.

After all, I just want to calm my nerves. I still want to be "with it" obviously.

Thanks for the advice. :)