Bluelight

Thread: Xanax dosage?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Xanax dosage? 
    I should be getting 2mg of xanax here soon, but I've heard a variety of different suggestions on dosage.

Would 2mg be too much to take for a first time? I plan on possibly taking 10 or 15mg of oxy with it too.

2. Collapse Details

If you don't have a benzo tolerance, taking 2mg will probably fuck you up really good. I'd say try a quarter of that pill lol.

3. Collapse Details

1mg with a small dose of Oxy should make for an enjoyable night. If you take the whole 2mg you'll probably want to go to sleep.

4. Collapse Details

Alright, so I guess I should take 1mg by itself to try it out. Then I'll take the other 1mg with some oxy.

What's the best way of taking it? My friends tell me its best to snort it, but everyone online seems to suggest just popping it, because of all of the fillers, and the less amount absorbed.
    Is there any reason to parachute it, or is it all released at once normally?

5. Collapse Details

Oral is most likely going to be the popular choice.

It is a pill, it is meant for oral consumption!

You can always take the other MG after, if you want to get more sloppy sally.

6. Collapse Details

Well parachuting would be taking it orally too.

Thanks for the quick replies guys, I might stick around on this forum, seems pretty nice. The other forum that I go on with multiple drug forums is rather inactive.

7. Collapse Details

I would try .5mg first, just to see how you react to it.

8. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    0.5 mg will give you a feel for its effects but it is NOT a recreational dose at ALL. 2 mg alone would prob get you feeling good. But, with oxy, 1 mg should do good.

I, personally, haven't used xanax recreationally yet but I find that 0.5 mg helps with rushing thoughts and other forms of anxiety before sleep. Probably will be having some fun with it soon though.

9. Collapse Details

klonopin and xanax are about the same dosage wise... i took 3mg of klonopin for my first time... i just said "screw it, worst case scenario i black out..." that was a bad idea....should have taken half that much or 2mg at most.... me and the two girls i was with decided to smoke, and in the morning there was half smoked weed all over the floor... we just sort of dumped it out for god knows what reason.... i passed out on the floor for a while until i eventually stumbled to my bed... thats all i remember from that night. i learned that i also talked to my step sister and asked her for some pills to kill the pain an abscess on my chin was putting me in... im pretty sure i was noticeably fucked up and she didn't give me anything...

start low like 1 or 1.5mg. even lower if you plan to take oxy with it... but any dose of xanax by itself isnt going to kill you, granted you might do something stupid that results in bodily harm but the drug itself isn't going to do you in... i shouldn't say any dose, maybe if you ate enough to put you into a chemically induced coma until you died of dehydration that would kill you, more along the lines of any reasonable dose. ive heard of people who have taken 90mg of klonopin and they went into a coma for a couple weeks...

10. Collapse Details

^Depends on the person. I have been using xanax on and off for years and .5mg still gets me buzzed. 2mg would knock me right out. Everyone's body is different, though 1mg would likely be fine as well.

11. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    By the way, its not fair to say that clonazepam and alprazolam have the same dosing curve. I've heard very bad things about 10 mg of clonazepam but relatively ok things about 10 mg alprazolam.

Btw, don't rail alprazolam. The bioavailability is better orally because it isn't too water soluble.

12. Collapse Details

I wouldn't eat more than 1mg especially with the oxy. I prefer to get a feel on one chem at a time and would wait on the oxy myself until I know what to expect with the xanex. My mistake when I first got ahold of 2mg bars was taking halfs too close together and ended up just getting sleepy.

pihkal

13. Collapse Details

I personaly think that benzos go along much better with H and morphine than oxys.

14. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    Btw, alprazolam has a longer halflife than oxycodone. Keep that in mind.

15. Collapse Details

A longer halflife? Huh?

16. Collapse Details

Bluelighter
    In layman's terms, it lasts longer. It won't really effect the experience but it's good to keep in mind.

17. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by xxanxxtwo
    I would try .5mg first, just to see how you react to it.
    Good advice. I had an atypical reaction to xanax the first time I took it and .5mg made me hallucinate, but not in a pleasant sort of way. It was really weird. I tried the same dose again and had a similar reaction. I've had good reactions to every other benzo, and I've tried quite a few of them. Always start low with a new medication, even if it's in a class of drugs that you are familiar with.

18. Collapse Details
    New Question: 
    So I've got a presentation later in the week. Presentations tend to give me nerves, so I have a xanax I'm planning to take.

It's 1mg.

I have no tolerance, I've never done xanax before.

I'd just like some suggestions as to dosage or advisability on said course of action...

I'm thinking about taking half (0.5mg) or a quarter (0.25mg) of it a day or two before the presentation to test it out and see how my tolerance is, and whether I can focus while under the effects.

Note: this is not recreational at all. I am not after a high. I just want to be able to relax to do a speech in class.

Also any suggestions as to how long before the class to take it. The presentation will go for about an hour or so, with me talking for like 20 minutes of that. But I'm sure once I'm underway with the presentation I will be ok, as it's mainly before the speech that I get nervous.

19. Collapse Details

your first time?
    honestly...start really low so you can get a good idea of how it affects you, .5/mg would do fine, see how that works, if not as desired up it by .5. When I first used c.lonazepam 0.5 mg knocked me out, oh how times have changed.

20. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by gorgoroth
    When I first used c.lonazepam 0.5 mg knocked me out
    hmmm

If that's the case, I guess I will try 0.25mg. It's Alprazolam by the way.

After all, I just want to calm my nerves. I still want to be "with it" obviously.

Thanks for the advice.

21. Collapse Details

Yeah, I'd try .5 before the presentation to see how it affects you. Then I'd either take .25 or .5 depending on how it went. .25 will probably be your best bet.

22. Collapse Details

I dunno about .5, given the fact that it sounds like he's taken other sedating drugs before.

Even though there's no cross-tolerance between opiates and benzos, one can definitely prepare you for the side-effects of the other.

He probably won't be very affected by the dizziness, and most likely will be able to stay awake. I'd vote for 1mg as a first time dose, especially if taking it by itself. Worst case scenario, you have an unscheduled nap.

I can see taking .5 if mixing it with Oxy's, because you can always add more. Just remember if you do that, to wait at LEAST 45 minutes before re-dosing, an hour would be better. Xanax can kick in pretty quick, but I find it takes a bit to actually peak... and don't worry about missing out on anything if you wait. The peak lasts about an hour in-and-of itself, and Xanax is really good at 'jump starting' itself if you take more just as it's about to fade.

EDIT: Oh, I didn't see the "before a presentation" part. I was figuring you'd be sitting on a couch watching cartoons or something equally silly lol.

I'd vote .5 for the presentation, and if you're worried about it making you drowsy while up in front of people, just take it an hour and a half or 2 hours before... you'll be past the worse of it by then.

23. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by GenericMind
    Yeah, I'd try .5 before the presentation to see how it affects you. Then I'd either take .25 or .5 depending on how it went. .25 will probably be your best bet.
    I will probably end up doing this. Thankyou.

Quote Originally Posted by Lingering Grin
    I dunno about .5, given the fact that it sounds like he's taken other sedating drugs before.
    No experience with benzo's as of yet.

The sedating drugs I have experience with are:

Ketamine
    Weed
    Alcohol
    + combinations of all three.

24. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Lingering Grin
    Oh, I didn't see the "before a presentation" part. I was figuring you'd be sitting on a couch watching cartoons or something equally silly lol.

I'd vote .5 for the presentation, and if you're worried about it making you drowsy while up in front of people, just take it an hour and a half or 2 hours before... you'll be past the worse of it by then.
    Ahh, yes. It's not recreational, like I said.

And yea, it's before the presentation that really messes with me. As long as I get under way with some sort of sedative affect it probably won't be too much of a problem if it does wear off halfway through whilst talking.

25. Collapse Details

Quote Originally Posted by Rated E
    I will probably end up doing this. Thankyou.

No experience with benzo's as of yet.

The sedating drugs I have experience with are:

Ketamine
    Weed
    Alcohol
    + combinations of all three.

Yea, you should be okay with the side-affects. I know the first time I took Xanax it made me crazy dizzy, but I had -NO- experience with anything like that. I didn't even drink at that time. (I smoked pot, and had done ecstasy, that was about it).

It's really not too bad once you get used to it. I don't even feel uncoordinated anymore. Just warm-and-fuzzy.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast