• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Getting Off Right - a safety manual for injection drug users

unholyangel

Bluelighter
i'll let it do the talking...
http://www.harmreduction.org/gor.html
Getting Off Right is a plain-speaking, unbiased how-to survival guide for injection drug users. Written by and for users and service providers, the manual is a compilation of medical facts, injection techniques, junky wisdom, common sense and harm reduction tips designed to keep users safe and healthy. Using easy to understand language, simple and clear illustrations, Getting Off Right is also a perfect desk reference and training tool for service providers. The 81-page manual is divided into five chapters and includes:
•Preparing yourself and your equipment.
•The basics of safer injection (with detailed diagrams of appropriate injection sites).
•Potential health complications: from abscesses to Endocarditis. and everything in between.
•Overdose and other medical emergencies.
•Where to get new equipment and what to do with the old.
With Getting off Right A Safety Manual for Injection Drug Users, HRC fills the void of information about safely injecting drugs.
fucking awesome amount of information, blunt discussion and diagrams... do yourself a favor and read it.
The entire manual is available online... you can even print it out in a printer-friendly form...
be well.
.da angel.
------------------
~~if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?~~
"To say of an addict who is in a continual state of euphoria that he is degrading himself is like saying of marble that it is spoilt by Michaelangelo, of canvas that it is stained by Raphael, of paper that it is soiled by Shakespeare, of silence that it is broken by Bach."
~Jean Cocteau, Opium: Diary of a Cure~
[This message has been edited by unholyangel (edited 16 June 2001).]

because...
------------------
~~if we are what we eat, then what is to be said of what we choose to listen to...?~~
"To say of an addict who is in a continual state of euphoria that he is degrading himself is like saying of marble that it is spoilt by Michaelangelo, of canvas that it is stained by Raphael, of paper that it is soiled by Shakespeare, of silence that it is broken by Bach."
~Jean Cocteau, Opium: Diary of a Cure~

anne is going to let me stick a syringe full of ketamine into her feminine buttox...

NOT bad, which I suppose is good!
smile.gif

Cheers to unholyangel!
------------------
~I live to learn and learn to live.
~"I'd rather have 30 minutes of wonderful, than a lifetime of mediocre."