• Welcome Guest

Forum Guidelines Bluelight Rules
    Fun 💃 Threads Overdosed? Click
    D R U G   C U L T U R E

The Drugs and Music Mega Thread

When you're posted at the crib smoking on some perfectly cured, out-the-Mason-jar Grand Daddy Purple on a sunny morning/early noon, maybe some CO2 hash oil rips out of a vape pen and 30mg sublingual blue valium 10's- put Curren$y- Roasted (ft. Trademark da Skydiver and Young Roddy) on REPEAT.

Drugs and Music

what are some generally good musics while on substances? i mostly wondering while on Ambien and opioids

Opiates and sleeping pills don't really enhance music. Anything sounds good while you are nodding, but if I had to guess I would say Primus?

It really depends on what you like and what substance you are on. MDMA, pretty much anything fast and upbeat. Weed, complicated instrumentals, sublime, RATM.

Honestly opiates don't give me or anyone I know a greater appreciation for music.

Opiates don't enhance music? I myself have never done them, but from my experience with amphetamines I was always under the assumption that anything that acts as a euphoriant would make music sound much better.

when I take a stimulant it makes creating music feel much more organic. Music seems much more emotional on them and if I take too much I can shred like a motherfucker.

Opiates IMO seem to lack the creative aspect that most psychedelics and stimulants have. For the most part they will just cause euphoria and drowsiness.

Tool,Pink Floyd, IDK whatever you like while sober you'll like even better whilst under the influence so yeah, go with that.

well, here's my drugs/music/life breakdown.

14-18yrs old
Mental/Rock/Grunge/and early 90's rap
weed
percs
shrooms

18-22
House music
G
K
Crystal
E

21-now (31)
stuck w/ Grunge, Alice in Chains, etc
opiates (heroin now)
benzo's
Phenibut
crack (not often but once in a while)

Oxy/H grade nod - Pink Floyd's Dark Side of the Moon, or Kind of Blue by Miles Davis. Santana's Caravanserai. And oddly enough anything by Pinback. On opiates my first choice is always something a little jazzy, or layered... but I do love the hell out of some Alice in Chains, Nirvana, Chili Peppers, Sublime, Pixies, Radiohead, The Mars Volta...

Super stoned on cannabis I always go back to Led Zeppelin, the Beatles, Velvet Underground. Or some hip hop.

Amphetamines/MDMA I love RATM and Incubus, TV On the Radio and Portugal. The Man.

Chance the Rapper. Flatbush Zombies. Pink Floyd. Beatles. All sound great on weed and LSD.

This song is about alcohol, but could be about any type of addiction. The line that gives me chills is, "but the one thing stronger than the whiskey..."

I have been a very casual user (pills) for a couple of years now, but, as of today, I have almost three weeks completely clean. The love I have for my teenaged son is definitely "stronger than the whiskey." Spending time with him is decidedly "the good stuff." :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lYQZJ9NUzYU