• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

GBL Withdrawl = Kill Me NOW

Indelibleface said:
You can get phenibut in health food stores in America? Where have I been?!

Seriously. I thought you had to order it.

Yea you can find it on shelves, but its still cheaper to order it online and cap it yourself.

As far as I can tell there are two popular brands one is almost pure phenibut but its quite pricey at least 30 dollars for 60 caps.
The other one has hardly any phenibut at all and is 20 for 60 caps.

Its better to just buy bulk powder online and cap it yourself.

I once ordered phenibut and did not mind the taste, for it was almost non-pallatable. Of course, I also felt nothing positive out of it, and at high doses it only gave me a big headache and inability to sleep that night.

I actually overdosed on 10 grams my first time, because the online supplier forgot to put a measuring spoon. It stroke me as weird as I knew that this crap was dosed in hundreds of mgs or perhaps one or two grams. Still, I went by the dosing guidelines assuming one spoon would be a teaspoon.

Hmm I tried phenibut and liked it quite a lot, but I stuck to very sane dosages... so I guess either because of that, or due to people reacting differently. It is definitely somewhat calming, so IMO would be a good tool to get off GBL (as long as you view it as just one tool of many).

I think the best idea is continuing with a doc, let them supervise the benzo's if you've had an alcohol problem in the past. That's part of why i stay away from benzos, i can't handle EtOH, so i know i can't do benzos.

I have used phenibut to get off of GBL without the sleepless nights and days of crawling up the walls. It doesn't replace GBL but it does sedate you slightly and at least allows you to sleep.

IMHO phenibut has no recreational potential, but is good for GABA agonist WD.

Just woke up from 8 hours of real sleep with a rather achey stomach. going to take a few tokes to see if it will calm me. if I can do without the Ativan, I'll save them for sometime when I actually need them. If it makes me start breathing hard again, I'll know I wasn't back to normal.

Last night I had actually gotten to a point of relative calm, in which I felt better than I normally do, after taking a few hits of some weed while on the tail end of the Ativan.

Sleep came soon after. I took 2 benydryl antihistamines with 1mg ativan and was asleep in 20 minutes.

almost exactly 8 hours. now I'm just hungry. slight nausea.

I wasn't taking any of this stuff to really get fucked up. I mainly just needed to sleep and enjoyed the effects and pushed them to far. How little time it took me to go completely overboard is what worried me the most. For that reason, I cannot recommend GBL to anyone.

The potential for abuse is HIGH.
The dose requirement is LOW.
The urge to take more is HIGH.

Thanks for all the help. I'll look online for phenibut, and hopefully won't ever need it.

AuralAssassin said:
I am a recovering alcoholic, so I can't do that. I wish, but I'd be right back with the shakes and on benzos again...

p.s. is the amount of Benzo's I'm taking...

20mg over the course of 4ish days enough that I need to be concerned with possible withdrawl from that stuff?

should I gradually space them out?

No you will be fine, you should FEEL NO WITHDRAWALS............:)

please keep comments positive or at least constructive, if you don't have anything nice to say .... you know that one! H

Last edited by a moderator:
narutokun said:

Can we get a mod to handle this shit already?

Please report posts like the above, quoting them just makes it worse, gets the thread further derailed and makes more work for us, click report and move on and life will be good.

Well, you know what they say! Rome wasn't built in a day! ROFLTICKET!

Although this is a controversial issue I think everyone for their own health and well being should convert GBL into GHB if you plan to use it at all regularly.

It may be a difference in body chemistry but I have been able to just walk away from GHB habits without any symptoms that I would call excruciating, not so with GBL. GBL almost from the start becomes a cycle of dosing just to avoid the horrible rebound and WD effects.

About half of people seem to share my opinion and half do not, but I think GHB long history of use in humans should say something for its safety.

[Edit: Synthesis discussion removed -sonic]

Please GBL users give GHB a try and see for yourself, you have nothing to lose.

I think the main problem with GBL vs GHB stems from the fact that GBL kicks in faster and stronger, hence it requires more frequent dosing. Perhaps it could be made an analogy with crack vs cocaine.

Other than that, I am not sure to what point turning it to GHB is a better option. GHB contains a lot of sodium itself, so if you are going to be abusing it, all that sodium can cause health problems.

Ok, a bit of an update...

the first day, immediately back from the Hospital...

I came home and downed another 2mg of Ativan on top of the 2 they gave me there. I really had some vivid waking nightmares and carnival of carnage shit going on.

like benzo's do, the days kinda dragged on with no real point that was special to me... just blaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaah for 2 days.

went to work last night and was anxious as hell, but only took .5 mg, so I could be completely functional, and had the bottle and someone to take over for me if I spazzed out...

as the night wore on, I took the other .5.... 8 hours later I feel completely normal, aside from being tired from working all night. however, I feel like I'm on speed of some kind. most likely, I'll take a sleep aid, or one last ativan and take a nap, then save the rest of the for a rainy day... this weekend seems like it might rain. in either case, this was mighty humbling.

thanks very much for the input.

garuda said:
Although this is a controversial issue I think everyone for their own health and well being should convert GBL into GHB if you plan to use it at all regularly.

It may be a difference in body chemistry but I have been able to just walk away from GHB habits without any symptoms that I would call excruciating, not so with GBL. GBL almost from the start becomes a cycle of dosing just to avoid the horrible rebound and WD effects.

About half of people seem to share my opinion and half do not, but I think GHB long history of use in humans should say something for its safety.

[Edit: Synthesis discussion removed -sonic]

Please GBL users give GHB a try and see for yourself, you have nothing to lose.

This is not a smart thing to suggest.

I would recommend no one attempting this.

GBL breaks down into GHB in the body. I've read through some of our most respectable outlets that there is not difference?

"trouble" seems like an operative word here.

Please be careful.

Tobacco has had a long use in humans as well. We all know that to be terrible. Exceptions aren't rules!

hospitalization from gbl w/ds really awesome.

Last edited:
center said:
This is not a smart thing to suggest.

I would recommend no one attempting this.

GBL breaks down into GHB in the body. I've read through some of our most respectable outlets that there is not difference?

"trouble" seems like an operative word here.

Please be careful.

Tobacco has had a long use in humans as well. We all know that to be terrible. Exceptions aren't rules!

Well of course the best thing to do is not do GBL or GHB at all, but if you are going to be using GBL regularly what do you have to loose by converting one batch to GHB? Do a search here and on the GHB newsgroup you will see many long time users arguing both for and against GHB being less addictive.

Xyrem is pharmaceutical grade GHB used to treat narcolepsy with cataplexy, normal doses are 4-8 grams a night. At this level it is not considered addictive and is safe unless you are on restricted sodium intake.
GBL has never been used medically at all.