• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Buprenorphine + Hydroxyzine: The new heroin substitute?

Chemethist

Ex-Bluelighter
Some opiates are not as stong as others. But there are certain anti-histamines that can GREATLY increase the euphoria and opiate effects of certain opoids.

Back in the day Pentazocine (a synthetikal opoid analgesic) was used in combination with the anti-histamine Tripelennamine to produce a euphoric sensation compared to heroin.

Well after that, Tripelennamine was taken off the market and Pentazocine was combine with nalaxone, and this pretty much took away the abuse..

But now apparently there is a new combination that works just as great, maybe even better... Both can be found if you know where to look...

Buprenorphine (which is a very potent analgesic) can be found in injectable preperations and in pill form, either with or without nalaxone.

From what swim hears Hydroxyzine (anti-histamine) which if you look on wikipedia clearly states that it is very good at boosting narcotic opiates. Anyways swim hears that 50mg of this along with a 200-400 micrograms of Buprenorphine will give a GREAT powerful opiate effect.

ive found its very very available and cheap via online pharmacies, not sure how sources are suppose to be protected around here, but its around 18 dollars for 30 pills. not too bad and not hard to find.

how much better is it than combining bupe with, say, diphenhydramine?

also, ive heard that adding a drug like clonadine to the mix only further improves it.

another question for you, since youre getting high on bupe-- why not use this mixture with good ole H? im sure anything bupe can do h can do better.......

well H is certainly a big harder to get and more expensive, i got 30 .2mg temgesic pills for about 40 bucks which is only 2 good bags of H.

Trying to find a reasonable substitute thats eas to get and cheap.

Not sure what Diphenhydramine would do, i do know that certain anti-histamines are better for potentiating opiates. Hydroxyzine is a piperazine which is suppose to give a great addition to opiates.

i havent tried the combo yet, the temgesics are still on there way. but just was wondering if anyone had tried it.

Or perhaps valium or lorazepam can be used to make the bupe better

i got 30 .2mg temgesic pills for about 40 bucks

Is this with or without insurance? Did you have to sign up to a clinic, which you have to pay a premium of some sort to?

Sorry to burst your bubble, but there are no 'reasonable' substitutes to heroin. It's an extremely inelastic good, which is why you here stories so often of addicts committing heinous crimes for drug-money and regularly committing petty crimes to support a habit.

If insulin was made illegal, you would hear of stories of diabetics committing the same crimes and acting the same as heroin addicts to get it.

If you have any basic understanding of economics, you'll really find this interesting (scroll to Table 4 at the bottom of the PDF):
http://www.ub.es/ere/cafeseminari/texto/submissionJOEP102004complete.pdf

The cross-price elasticity of heroin with other drugs is virtually non-existent. To all those with little knowledge of economics, what it basically means is that the price fluctuations in other drugs has little impact on the demand for heroin. In other words, there are no reasonable substitutes for heroin.

On a side note, anyone know of some good studies in regards to CPE and illicit drugs?This one isn't too comprehensive but should be simple enough for people here to generally follow :)

edit: hm through further review of the study, i couldn't find much info in regards to cross-price elasticity of heroin with other opiates/opioids, and couldn't find any such studies online. Apparently the people running these studies think all drugs are the same, even this study had some strange focus of the relationship between heroin and cocaine with heroin and cocaine addicts. Regardless, I'd still say my point stands true - the CPE is so low (actually, negative on all except valium) on the few drugs that are listed I can't imagine a significantly high number with other opiates/opioids.

Last edited:
well the connection to heroin was not meant to be taken as a literal one-on-one only.

when i say heroin i meant a typical strong opiate.

i would ask jason crest i am sure he can shed some light on the subject

im on suboxone, clonidine, and i occasionally take 50mg of benadryl and that produces a good nod sometimes, if you don't have any tolerance to benadryl. i have to take breaks from benadryl sometimes to lower my tolerance. i have tried many anti-histamines and benadryl seems to work best with opiates, not sure if ive mixed opiates with hydroxyzine. if u cant get hydroxyzine, wiki says that dramamine II and other OTC drugs have very similar effects to hydroxyzine.

definitely add a benzo-- and i bet promethazyn would work as a kickass anti histimine

i can attest to hydroxyzine's lagitness, i have sum right now cause I went to the Dr cause I got poison oak on my leg

wesmdow said:
is hydroxyzine scheduled?

I don't think it's scheduled, but I believe it is RX only in the US.

Shootin' all these pills is dangerous. Mmmkay...

Chemethist said:
well the connection to heroin was not meant to be taken as a literal one-on-one only.

when i say heroin i meant a typical strong opiate.

Drugs in general are inelastic goods, and it seems the 'harder' the drug is, the more inelastic the good becomes.

But heroin had a negative cross-price elasticity index with almost all other drugs, moreso than any other drug. Valium is the only drug that showed up to have any positive substitution effect, but it was so small it would easily be overcome by any income effect.

The study didn't include other opiates but I can't imagine that with heroin, they far as any decent substitute and I'd be suprised if the index was any higher than .5 with any of them.

yes hydroxyzine gotta be sheduled, it's used for anxiety too (& they even give it in rehab). though i never took it with opiates or at reasonable dose at all to tell what it does...

imo diphenhydramine is very good to potentiate opiates (& it gives some very dirty clumsy high by itself which goes great with the opiate high) a high dose of codeine combined with a high dose of diphenhydramine feels almost like heroin to me...

the best downer high i could get was opiate+diphenhydramine+benzo.

Last edited:
Hydroxyzine is RX-only, when Diphenhydramine just do the same and is OTC....

BTW I agree, taking an Opioid such as Bupe with an antihistamine (IVed at the same time) will make the high MUCH stronger.

It still won't compare to heroin though; but will make for a better substitute.

wesmdow said:
definitely add a benzo-- and i bet promethazyn would work as a kickass anti histimine

Yes adding a benzo to the mix make sit even better... Not everyone has access to a benzo that's worth shooting though....

Promethazine is good, but not much better than Diphenhydramine, which is easier to get in the US.

Boiling in Acid said:
the best downer high i could get was opiate+diphenhydramine+benzo.

Yes it's my favorite high.
I prefer the IV opiate+benzo+antihistamine combo over IV speeball or MDMA crystals.....

what are the best Benzos to shoot? Im assuming Diazepam (valium) which is easy to get also for some.

would diazepam + buprenorphine IV be a good mix?

Chemethist said:
what are the best Benzos to shoot? Im assuming Diazepam (valium) which is easy to get also for some.

would diazepam + buprenorphine IV be a good mix?

Diazepam is one of the most useless and worthless benzo to shoot.
It gives no rush, the high is not stronger... Worthless.

The best benzos to shoot are Midazolam and Loprazolam.

Followed by all the triazolo benzos that are potent (only a few mgs needed to produce a strong effect): Brotizolam, Triazolam, Estazolam....
(some -pam benzos may be worth too: Lormetazepam, Flurazepam, Flunitrazepam)

-

If you want to take Bupe in a IV combo, take it with an antihistamine, an take the benzo orally on top.

okay lorazepam seems very strong, i remember taking half of a milligram and being nearly knocked out.

there are a few over the counter anti-histamines, one of them is Chlorpheniramine maleate, and the other is of course Diphenhydramine, ive never shot either and am wondering which would be best...

So far im getting great advice tho, such as take a benzo orally and then IV Buprenorphine + antihistamine.