• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone clinic q's w/d's SUCK

dipset153

Bluelighter
i want to stop taking pills but tey r so easy to get or steal from my poor father who actuly needs them my daily pill scedule is aroud 15 20 vikes aday and when i cant get them i take a few of mydad 10mg methdone pills if i go 1 fullday witout my whole body feels restless and tired not wating to do anything
and i toss and turn literally all night long i dont know how you guys addicted to h deal with the w/d if you had and h problem and kicked cold turkey you guys couldnt possibly deal with any pain greater then what you already experinced
so my questios are

1: im 18 what should i expect if i go to methadone clinic requesting assitence

2:what info will i need to have with me

3: i know you eed to have dirty urine but is there any way the ca denie even if you got dirty urin

4: WHAT SHOULD I DO

Does your father know about your problem?

I mean for real the last thing a person in serious daily pain needs is knowing because they were careless with their meds their kid is now an addict.

I know its no way your fathers fault, but he could very well feel enormous guilt over this. And you could also possibly get him into medical trouble with his PM clinic, if I was you I would say it was pills bought off the street.

yes im pretty sure my parents know im kinda heavy nto pills but im tellin you my fater caught me a coule time takin the pills and he still leaves the bottle of 90 sittin on his nite stand befor h goes to bed i want to stop this habbit but when i do i cant leep you ever get restless leggs when sitting in the same spot for a wile well my whole boy feelslike that i try to lay down but jump up almost ryin in aggravation because of the withdrawls then thas when i go sceemin for methadone and when he runs outi feel errible cuz i know its because of me andhes paralized on his hole left side legs and arms i fel like shit putting y poor father therw this agony that im feeling i want to stop so the only way it will happen is if i get into a methdone clinic not to mention the tiny crack habbit i have but with the mehadone imhapy and dont want no other drug i just wantsome info to help me get into this clinic rite downthe street called codac

not to mention methadone is the only thing that willgive me ambition to get shit done during the day and not worrying about my fixwit methadon i can ctully sleep with no frustration and get daily errand done i can prob qit cold turkey wit no problem its just that damn monkey thats on my back im clean feeling good due to no pills in my system then my boy calls "yo i just picked up some oc 40s" then blam the saga continues the only way ll be clean for good i think is methadone or bupe but metha will probly be easier to get

garuda said:
Does your father know about your problem?

I mean for real the last thing a person in serious daily pain needs is knowing because they were careless with their meds their kid is now an addict.

I know its no way your fathers fault, but he could very well feel enormous guilt over this. And you could also possibly get him into medical trouble with his PM clinic, if I was you I would say it was pills bought off the street.

my fater dont go to the clinic he gets 10 mg methadone for pain

i just want to know all the info and shit i will need and what to expect when i walk in this place seeking help

Don't go to a methadone clinic, this will only worsen your problem. My advice would be to tell your parents what's going on and try and get some help. WD's at this point will be nothing compared to a year from now if you keep up the same routine. That, and I don't think that many clinics will put an 18 year old popping hydrocodone and small amounts of methadone on. GL

Expect them to treat you with compassion, and they will talk to you, you MAY have to go get bloodwork done (some clincs do, some dont) after that, you see the doctor and he evaluates you and than if they think you are in need of Methadone Maintenance Treatment, They willpisstest you and than most likely dose you with 30mg's and you can start off as a "new patient" I say 30mgs because thats usually THE MOST THEY GIVE YOU YOUR 1st day, Ive heard OF SOME PEOPLE GETTING 40mgs BUT NO HIGHER THAN THAT.

Any more questions?

just go to the clinic and ask your questions thats what they are there for

you need to realize you are not solving a problem by getting on methadone you are creating one

if you go to a clinic do a detox dont get on maintenance

and stop steeling your dads pills that is a scumbag move man

yes if i dont go to the clinic and stop everything how long till i feel normal again

I'm 18 also, I just got on a Methadone program about 2 weeks ago, I was having the same problem, such as being hooked on pills like oxys, and I was also doing dope. As far as you going through w/ds and not being able to get shit done, yeah I hear ya, the Methadone will definitely work. Just go in there and you go up to the counter and they say, "can I help you?" Say yes, I have a preblem and I need help, and they'll setup an appointment for you right there or you'll have to go back and you'll have an assessment, just be honest with them. Then they'll setup an appointment for you to see the Doctor or Nurse Practitioner and they'll do a physical just like at the regular Doctors. Once again, be honest. They'll have you dose that day. The Nurse at my clinic told me not to worry so much, she said she doesn't turn anyone down. So as for where you want to go, I don't know. But I wish you the best of luck! It sucks being addicted at such a young age but use it to your advantage because the sooner you tackle the problem the easier it will be. I hope this helped.

xxanxxtwo said:
Don't go to a methadone clinic, this will only worsen your problem. My advice would be to tell your parents what's going on and try and get some help. WD's at this point will be nothing compared to a year from now if you keep up the same routine. That, and I don't think that many clinics will put an 18 year old popping hydrocodone and small amounts of methadone on. GL

methadone clinics absolutely will put you on for hydro any opiate addiction is enough to get you on a detox

you must attempt two 21day detox's before they will put you on maintenance

you are right about going to a clinic makeing things worse but thats only if you trade habits if you just detox it can be pain less and work well the problem is most people just trade from one drug to another and never end up quiting

They dont turn people down usually at my clinic too.

My counselor told me ' All you need to be eligible to be on Methadone is Opiate /Opoid dependancy/Addiction...........

dipset153 said:
yes if i dont go to the clinic and stop everything how long till i feel normal again

if you quit a hydro habit you will feel better in a few days

if you have to quit a methadone habit it will be weeks before you feel better

johnnyb420 said:
methadone clinics absolutely will put you on for hydro any opiate addiction is enough to get you on a detox

you must attempt two 21day detox's before they will put you on maintenance

you are right about going to a clinic makeing things worse but thats only if you trade habits if you just detox it can be pain less and work well the problem is most people just trade from one drug to another and never end up quiting
I've never heard of having to attempt two 21 day detoxes ever. Maybe in your state or your clinic, but I don't think thats correct.

kron2dope said:
I've never heard of having to attempt two 21 day detoxes ever. Maybe in your state or your clinic, but I don't think thats correct.

i think that they say that as a 'cover their asses' type of thing. When I went in i told them i only went to ONE 3 DAY SETOX ONE TIME, and they put me on MAINTENANCE RIGHT THERE. he asked me do you want a month detox (which usually NEVER works) Or do you want Maintenance and i said Maintenace The doctor said 'good thats the best thing for you" ALSO THEY WANT TO MAKE $$$$ Like any other place, but MY CLINIC is PRIVATLY run......

Iam 19, WOW theres SOOO many fucking KIDS on MMT , its unbelievle....... At least we learned AND SUFFERED EARLY IN LiFE.

kron2dope said:
have you been to a CLINIC?