• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Methadone clinic q's w/d's SUCK

MethaContin said:
i think that they say that as a 'cover their asses' type of thing. When I went in i told them i only went to ONE 3 DAY SETOX ONE TIME, and they put me on MAINTENANCE RIGHT THERE. he asked me do you want a month detox (which usually NEVER works) Or do you want Maintenance and i said Maintenace The doctor said 'good thats the best thing for you" ALSO THEY WANT TO MAKE $$$$ Like any other place, but MY CLINIC is PRIVATLY run......

thats exactly how it is methacontin

but the law says you need two attempts first ,they can get a waiver and put you on maintanence and most of the time they will try to talk you into longterm methadone that is because they make money for each patient

so they lie to you and tell you that tapers dont work

true most of the time a 21 day wont work but that is only because most people dont want to quit they just dont want to be sick

if you really want to quit you can use methadone to taper in less than 21 days
as a matter of fact i have helped 5 people quit hydro habits with methadone and they all were done in two weeks none have gone back to regular use

once you have a methadone habit a short taper will not work its takes forever after you have been on maintenance

First, yes, a clinic can deny you for any reason they choose. Many will deny you simply because of your age. Most require 21 or older although some will deal with you and I even know of at least one in America that wilol accept 14 year olds.

SAecond, although you have a habit, it is RELATIVELY light so you might wish to consider thinking about Bupe if OST is for you.

Unlike some, I will not tell you not to consider any OST or even not to consider MMT because I know of more than a couple of addicts whose lives would have been saved had they had access or avaiuled themselves to the process.

You will need to bring prrof of age and identity, as well as your dirty urine that they will most likely supervise. After that, if they agree to deal with your age, it is basically a no brainer as long as you have the financial end covered.

All the people telling people to leave MMT and other things alone are not helping anything or anyone. While the regimen is certainly not for everyone it has worked wonders for alot of people and just because a person is young, it does not mean that they should be denied a means of stability. In fact, when a person is young, and is gung ho on opiates/opioids, I would say methadone under a professional's supervison and care is probably the best bet.

There is no law requiring two attempts,etc. The only law is a federal law and it stipulates that a person must have opiates/opioids in their system. CERTAIN programs DO have the stipulation about previous attempts, as do nations outside the US but since the poster is posting Gangster Disciple nonsense it is safe to assume that they are American.

MethaContin said:
Iam 19, WOW theres SOOO many fucking KIDS on MMT , its unbelievle....... At least we learned AND SUFFERED EARLY IN LiFE.

yeathats what i think atleast im addcted at an early age and if you can kick an opid habbit you can go therw anything

thx guys all you in for was great im thinkin of just stopin coldturey an dealwit the restlessness for a wek or so i guess but do yous know of any otc type of pill o get rid atleast a little of the restless ness and maybe help me get thew a day like motrin or ylenol or shit like that prob nothin cuz thats jst the way it iz

Drugs are a bitch to quit if easily/cheaply available, I can seriously relate to that... as far as helping a bit, get some Imodium (loperamide)... do a search here for how much/often to take. You could also consider kratom, but people who use it for opiate w/d are very susceptible to just transferring the addiction to kratom IME, as it's really almost as potent an agonist as vicodin.

taper off to avoid the withdrawal or to reduce it significantly... methadone withdrawals are supposedly worse than heroin which is kind of hypocritical to give them out to help heroin addicts with their addiction... so your plan is to take something that in the long run is going to be much worse to get off of than hydrocodone.... taper off, and try to have enough willpower to stick with that...

sorry to dispute you rach but there most certainly is a law in cali requireing two attempts it can be bypassed but never the less the rule is there i know this for a fact and wil look for documrntation right now

Johhnyb420, Have I been to a clinic? Yes, I goto discovery house everyday and get 65mg of Methadone... Maybe they didn't tell me that you have to at least tried some sort of treatment or detox first because I already have tried other IOPs, OPs, and IP, and Detoxes before. Lol, my misunderstand. My bad.

^^All clinics are different. The one I am trying to get into, so far, won't approve me for methadone because of my age(24). Even though I have tried suboxone three times, tried rehabs, everything.....YMMV.

Johnny: No problem disputing me, the goal is actual facts and not my ego. I am not aware of that law. I checked via remail with a woman named Gloria Merck II (actual name, strange but true) who is an operations executive with the California Dept. of Alcohol and Drug Abuse Programs in Sacramento. She provided me with a fact sheet that says the only prerequisites for MMT in California are positive tox screens (initally of course) and participation in psychological counseling. Both those stipulations are stock requirements worldwide it seems.

Noon e is infallible, this woman included. If you have some paperwork,etc. on this requirement, please post it or send it to me because I always aim for accuracy.

20 vikes a day...take the pain man..methadone is the kingpin of addicitons. I know so many ppl who wish they never switched. Just take the sickness like a man and quit. ( i have been there, so i know whats its like)

drunken_etard said:
20 vikes a day...take the pain man..methadone is the kingpin of addicitons. I know so many ppl who wish they never switched. Just take the sickness like a man and quit. ( i have been there, so i know whats its like)

Yeah, I REALLY UNDERSTAND what this guy is saying............. Methadone DID HELP ME BUT I WAS ON METHADONE BEFORE I GOT my 8X a day Roxicodone 30mg script....... I REALL REALLY FUCKING WISH I DIDNT GET UP TO 150mgs man, Because NOW THEY HAVE CUT ME OFF BECAUSE OF MY BENZO USE (It WASENT A PROBLEM BEFORE when they wanted to get me HOOKED ON THE METHADONE) Now Iam on 150mgs a day and Tuesday Iam going to go down 10mgs for the 1st time, I FUCKING HATE METHADONE I wish I could just walk out and quit, But iam STRONGLY ADVISED against that so iam just going to suck it up and get my 50 day detox OVER WITH (WOW LESS THAN 2 MONTHS ACTUALLY DONSENT SOUND TOO BAD TO ME...........) Good Luck