• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom withdrawal?

etardedadam

Bluelighter
I have been taking kratom for about 2 or 3 months twice a day, a small dose before work and usually a pretty large dose or two after work. But for the last week and a half I have tried to cut out the morning dose. After I eat lunch I get a huge stomach ache until I take more kratom. Im not in a bad mood or anything just strong stomach pain. Ive tried to wait the stomach pain out too, ill give it a few hours and it doesnt go away. But 15 mins after I eat some kratom im fine. Could this be from withdrawal or something else?

Given this:
But 15 mins after I eat some kratom im fine.

... it is almost certainly withdrawal. I have not had stomach pains myself but diarrhea is a frequent w/d element. If you are wanting to kick the kratom habit I recommend phenibut, an OTC GABA-ergic that is sold through health food stores and bodybuilding supplement outlets. I went through kratom w/d (albeit for a far less serious habit) and found that a gram or so of phenibut a day worked wonders on the anxiety, sweats, chills, mood swings etc. Not sure about the stomach pain; maybe some Pepto or milk of magnesia?

Oh, and phenibut actually is far more effective rectally than orally, for whatever reason. I assume the bioavailability is higher when plugged but I haven't been able to find any hard pharmacokinetic data to back this up.

Just cut your doses in half then take a short break, kratom is way more forgiving than opiates IMHO. For the stomach thing, I would reccomend just watching what you eat a little. Greasy food during my kratom use usually gives me some bad nausea but not the strong stomach pain you are describing.

I have withdrawn from kratom several times, the first time from a habit the size of yours. I never got stomach pain, but you will probably notice a pretty severe case of anxiety and a feeling of depression, and even worse (IMO), a tremendous restlessness and soreness of the limbs, especially when trying to sleep. I find sleep impossible during kratom withdrawal.

But fear not. Not only is kratom withdrawal more forgiving than real opiates, but it only lasts 4-5 days. And as a poster above mentioned, phenibut, a legal supplement, helps the withdrawals tremendously for some reason. I just withdrew again over the past week or two, but I barely even noticed because of a daily phenibut dose.

cool good thanks good info. im not ready to totaly stop taking it yet, but im going to slow down a bit... i hope

*bumpy* kratom for w/d but red indo powder doesn't seem active?!

So I ran out of my subs last week and I spent 10 days dodging withdrawal with some Bali powder to great effect. I ran out and decided I'd buy the red veined indo powder this time. Well I've taken little doses and high ones up to 10-12 teaspoons at a time and have not noticed a single effect from it. My vendor is good always good product of other strains and always tosses in an extra few grams. Any ideas?

So I ran out of my subs last week and I spent 10 days dodging withdrawal with some Bali powder to great effect. I ran out and decided I'd buy the red veined indo powder this time. Well I've taken little doses and high ones up to 10-12 teaspoons at a time and have not noticed a single effect from it. My vendor is good always good product of other strains and always tosses in an extra few grams. Any ideas?

Don't know. But last night I took 3 tablespoons of powder extracted into a tea (strained). My highest dose so far by a tablespoon. And I didn't feel much at all. But today 2 tablespoons was pretty effective. Weird.

I'd just keep going with the bali. I have tried a few other kinds but the bali is by far the most consistently effective IMO. The price is great as well...

Agreed. Most bang for ur buck I think. Anyone know bout kratom being effective while on suboxone?

Last edited:
I've read a bit about red vein Kratom from anywhere being a weak strain though I've also heard good things, too. I have good experience with Indo and Bali they are very similar but Bali definitely feels more clear headed somehow. I've had four experiences with yellow vein Malaysian and it is bit different, less euphoric but still active in an odd way. I imagine it's a bit like growing grapes for wine, each countries climate effects the growth of the plant and it's active contents. Just like with any naturally occurring substance the plant source has a whole collection of things inside it and in varying levels.

I'm a n00b to forums of any sort so forgive me for any ignorance I might have.

I've read a bit about red vein Kratom from anywhere being a weak strain though I've also heard good things, too. I have good experience with Indo and Bali they are very similar but Bali definitely feels more clear headed somehow. I've had four experiences with yellow vein Malaysian and it is bit different, less euphoric but still active in an odd way. I imagine it's a bit like growing grapes for wine, each countries climate effects the growth of the plant and it's active contents. Just like with any naturally occurring substance the plant source has a whole collection of things inside it and in varying levels.

I'm a n00b to forums of any sort so forgive me for any ignorance I might have.

What do you actually want to know? I've been taking Kratom daily for 4 years but off it now. Tried every strain available, done every method available so any questions just ask..

Is Kratom King still a good guy? I have been out of this scene for quite a while, but we used to be pretty good friends back in the day!! Any advice would be helpful!!! If this post is out of line, mods, please feel free to delete it. . . . I know sources are usually frowned upon, but I am only referring to the dude himself, and nobody would have any idea as to whom I am talking about unless they know him!

Peace and Love everyone!!

Is _________ still a good guy? I have been out of this scene for quite a while, but we used to be pretty good friends back in the day!! Any advice would be helpful!!! If this post is out of line, mods, please feel free to delete it. . . . I know sources are usually frowned upon, but I am only referring to the dude himself, and nobody would have any idea as to whom I am talking about unless they know him!

Peace and Love everyone!!

I'm sure this isn't allowed, not just 'frowned upon' ; you seem to know too. You mention a specific name, and then go on to say asking about sources isn't allowed......

What do you actually want to know? I've been taking Kratom daily for 4 years but off it now. Tried every strain available, done every method available so any questions just ask..

What was your favorite strain or strain mixture and what was your favorite method?

Also, is there actually a big difference between strains other than potency? for example Do you notice Thai Kratom to be more "energetic" than the "relaxing" Bali Kratom?

• My first tip in taking kratom is to mix your strains. Just having a single strain can be a rather one-dimensional high. To get a more wholesome effect, I would mix a Thai, say Premium RVT (red vein) and a rounder, smoother Indo such as Sunda or Kali Indo. Most often I would mix 2 strains in a 50:50 ratio, but you can mix and match, try more strains or less in different ratios. Sometimes its better to do 2 strains in a 66:33 ratio)

• Kratom affects everyone differently and can be hit or miss. Experiment yourself based on my advice, but dont be disappointed or surprised if they dont work perfectly for you. For example, my best friend really enjoyed Green Malaysian whereas I got literally no effect from it.

• The best way to take kratom is undoubtedly the toss and wash. Simply measure your dose (depending on strain/personal tolerance amongst other things, this can be around 6-12g......first timer, I would say try 8g and mix two strains in whatever ratio you like, try 50:50 or even just try one strain at 8g for your first time. ) and grab a teaspoon.
    Dump a teaspoon of Kratom on your tongue and wash it down with your chosen drink. Thicker is better. I think OJ works best. It can be tricky to wash down so have another swig after. Swallow it down hard and confidently. Repeat until your Xg dose is done.
  • There is a pretty huge difference between various strains of Kratom, but in essence they all do the same in that they will make you more content, happy and carefree. Take 10g of good Maeng Da Thai and the next day take 10g of good Bali and you'll see the difference.
    Bali/Indo - more relaxing and easygoing, a smoother feel, lasting longer and taking a little longer to comeup. Bali can be very strong :)
    Thai/Malay - Thai tends to be very potent but the high can come on too quick and leave too quickly.
    There are alot of useless names around this plant but essentially they are all from the same plant but grown in different areas, dried for different lengths of time, dried in the sun/indoors, wildcrafted, picked from mature plants etc.
    Red Vein Indo is generally pretty damn weal, but Red Vein Thai is pretty strong.

• Theres a real art to being a Kratom Connoisseur. Once you've got the basics like the imperative empty stomach, what strains you like, what dosage suits you better, your preferred method of ingestion etc etc then you will no doubt enjoy this fine plant. I've spent thousands on it, it's a subtle yet strong and relaxing, yet stimulating high. It doesn't overpower and truly intoxicate you, more it enhances life. But thats not to say you can almost get a slight nod late at night, lying in bed on some nice Bali and Indo.

Anything else you wanna know? Are you in US or UK btw? Certain strains sold within UK are bunk and likewise for US....

I'm in the U.S. PDX.

I used to have an opiate habit and have to say there is a huge difference between Opiates and Kratom not to say that there are no similarities. But I really feel kratom enhances my life where as opiates consume it.

I'll definitely try mixing more strains. I just found a good local business that has seemingly good quality kratom and really decent prices.

I've got to head out to work right now. But I'll get back on here later tonight when I think of some more questions.

Also Thank you for the tips and objective answers. I'm really glad to finally have access to someone with longer term/diverse experience with Kratom.

Yeah thats no problem at all man. I have had problems with alcohol (and opiates to an extent but always found Kratom infinitely better as I could do it at work and be fine....better than fine...i'd be super-productive) and found Kratom to be incredible at easing any cravings. I'd much rather take Kratom daily than get pissed daily.

There are a shit-ton of health benefits with Kratom that you might like to know about, such as it's concentration of epicatechin which is a strong antioxidant found in dark chocolate. It's great for lowering blood pressure/hypertension and exhibits powerful anti-carcinogenic properties (documented efficacy in cancerous tissue in women's sexual organs, mainly). It contains compounds similar to the primary antioxidants found in Green Tea.
Let's see......can't remember anything else at this moment in time, but rest assured that this is a wonderful plant.