• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Kratom withdrawal?

Thought it best to bump this than create a new thread, but on average how long should withdrawal last because im on day 14 now and still feel physically and mentally terrible and this is with a habit of on average 25g of Green Malay daily(other than when mail was late) for 5 years. Is it possible i have prolonged the withdrawals with tramadol? over the last two weeks i have taken 50mg 3 seperate times when withdrawl was at its worst.

Thanks
When you say your on day 14 do you mean day 14 of nothing at all or day 14 since you began your taper etc? I ask because as a 3+ year, 25g a day kratom addict my withdrawals are usually gone by day 14. I also use tramadol to help me quit and it doesn't really ad much, if any withdrawals but I only use it for a rapid taper. When I quit I use the following method: I cut out all my daytime doses and take ~200mgs of tramadol throughout the day and take 3g in the night so I can sleep (sleep plays a HUGE factor on my duration of withdrawals IME so make sure you get sleep each night), from here on I drop my dose of tramadol by 25-50mgs a day till I'm down to my 3g nightly dose. I work on tapering my nightly dose and when I'm down to around 1.5g I jump and take some sort of benzo each night until I can sleep. Usually a week after I make the jump to the benzos my withdrawals are 95% gone.

When quitting any drug it's important thag you taper before jumping or your gonna have to deal with PAWS, did you go from 25g a day to nothing? If so that may be your problem right there, anyways don't worry, by 14 days you should be well over the hill. I bet that in a week you should be at least 95% again, just don't give up. If you have any benzos around and can handle not getting addicted to them they REALLY ease the whole process, if you can't get a hold of benzos but are.open to the idea search up "etizolam" on google, it's a legal pharmaceutical benzodiazepine (well, technically thienodiazapene) that can be purchased online, PM me for more info if you want. Keep strong, you'll make it to the other side of the tunnel in no time.

No i quit CT, tried tapering before but it never works for me.... in my kratom induced state of bliss and apathy i always end up just thinking fuck it and start taking loads of it. However i am glad to say that yesterday i took 1.5g of phenibut and had a very long 11 hour sleep and woke up feeling a massive difference, for the better i might add, i wasn't aware one night could make such a difference, the world feels much brighter, or at least im seeing it with more clarity...weird but im guessing that's my brain rewiring itself.

I think i will be fine here on out, but would you by chance know how kratom withdrawal fares with tramadol withdrawal?

Tramadol withdrawal is WAY worse, trust me. When you withdrawal from tramadol your basically going through opioid and anti-depressant withdrawal at the same time due to tramadols SSRI/SNRI activity. I've actually heard more than a few times that tramadol withdrawal can be worse than oxy withdrawal but since I've never been addicted to either I can't vouch for that and yeah, sleep is very vital in withdrawal which is why I make sure to get as much sleep as possible, even if that means taking a tiny dose of kratom, tramadol, or benzos. Be carefull with phenibut though, it's not unheard of to get nasty rebound effects/withdrawals after only a weeks use and tolerance builds insanely fast. Kratom withdrawals are a joke compared to phenibut/GABA-ergic withdrawal.

I've had kratom habits for several months where I would dose once a day. When I quit cold-turkey the psychological effects were far more apparent than the physical effects. I felt pretty down and anxious although I had yet to be treated for depression so that was a compounding factor. The physical effects were mostly insomnia and RLS, mostly at night. Also you get a runny nose, chills and fatigue. But overall, it really wasn't that bad and it ended within a few days for the physical effects and a week or so for the mental part to diminish completely. One thing you won't get is GI upset, or at least not nearly to the same degree as with traditional opioids. That was my experience at least.

^ yup, that about sums up my experiences with kratom w/d as well. The whole GI symptom set is totally missing with kratom, a very good thing as I think once you start adding in insane cramps, nausea, vomiting, and diahrea the habit becomes less worth it IMO.

Same here. In fact, I find constantly eating solid, healthy foods really helpful during w/d and seem to get a massive rebound appetite as part of my w/d. That's just my experience though.

In some cases, a taper can prolong the withdrawal period to little benefit when considering the overall pain experienced over time. Good hydration and a three day period of halfing the dose should be sufficient for anything less than an iv heroine dependance. Psychological addiction however is a much more difficult hurtle. Society has fallen victim to the AA style victim mentality, promoted by the for profit rehab industry. Medically, your withdraw must be a shock to the system for you start to physically recover. You cannot just taper to a grain of sand and expect to feel normal.

Attempt4 and cpt your comments in this thread have made me feel confident in my decision to use Kratom to help me finally kick my bupe habit (which is taper down to about half a mg a day at this point anyway). I'm not looking for full sobriety anyway to be honest, and Kratom sounds perfect. More like Cannabis, multidimensional and something I can geek out about. It's key that it's not an actively controlled pharmy due to my current occupation, and the variety is just perfect for what I look for in substance. I prefer the things that make me feel good to have some depth worth exploring, not a company stamp. Thanks for some great info all!

Hello fellow Bluelighters!

I've been using expensive and potent Kratom extracts daily for over two years, equivalent to between 10-20 grams of fresh leaf. Prior to yesterday, there was no way I could forestall SERIOUS withdrawal symptoms. But against my own will, I ran out this past weekend and suffered immensely painful withdrawal. In fact, I would still be shitting gallon after gallon, farting uncontrollably, etc.. if it weren't for a couple of OTC herbs I discovered which work miracles for withdrawal.

Fennel and Black Seed Oil control the gas and bloating.
Holy Basil and Tumeric reduce the soreness, anxiety and depression.
Pure Chamomile and melatonin to sleep.

I also found that ginger, marijuana, apple cider vinegar and garlic helped, although not as much as the aforementioned herbs.

The timeless events runs like this.

>Friday: No usual morning or evening kratom doses. Feeling shitty, mild withdrawal sets in.
>Saturday: Feeling miserable, I take a gram of ground leaf (not enhanced) but it does nothing. Suddenly I have to shit badly. The runs continue every 30 mins accompanied by tons of painful gas.
Apple cider vinegar, ginger and marijuana slightly reduced my symptoms but I was still getting weaker. I take another gram and it seems to stave off the withdrawal until morning.
>Sunday: The same symptoms appear the next day, early on, shitting gallons again and again. I'm sure I've lost 5 lbs already, 5 lbs I can't afford.

I make a trip to the health food store and pickup some herbs. Within an hour of taking the herbs, my symptoms disappear one by one. As hours pass, I announce to my wife that my experiment has been a success and my withdrawals have been conquered through health!

The fennel and tumeric (with black pepper for absorption), holy basil and chamomile are all you should need I think.

I ate nothing but smoothies, fruit and salads the whole time. I feel awesome now. My kratom arrived at my door finally, but I really don't feel like I need it.

I woke up early this morning (still in withdrawal, mildly, so I couldn't sleep past sunrise) but instead of laying slumped somewhere in my apartment, I went for a spontaneous morning run, which is unusual for someone who is in withdrawal, don't you think?

Sorry to bump this but thought I'd reply to this rather than start a new thread. I was taking 80-160mg of oxycontin up to 4 times a week as well as daily kratom between 3-5grams for nearly 6 months. I'm on day 3 of no drugs except melatonin, pepto bismol and Tylenol... I can hardly sleep, feel super nauseous... My whole body aches, sneezing, runny nose, restless leg syndrome etc. I feel like utter shit. I can barely get more than a few hours of sleep. What's weird is the last 2 days my withdrawals didn't seem so bad until last night. They go much worse over night. Especially when it comes to nausea. The pepto bismol doesn't seem to help in the slightest. Does anyone know any good foods or something to help with the nausea? I'd rather not take anymore psychotropic drugs, so other opioids and gaba drugs are out of the question..

Sorry to bump this but thought I'd reply to this rather than start a new thread. I was taking 80-160mg of oxycontin up to 4 times a week as well as daily kratom between 3-5grams for nearly 6 months. I'm on day 3 of no drugs except melatonin, pepto bismol and Tylenol... I can hardly sleep, feel super nauseous... My whole body aches, sneezing, runny nose, restless leg syndrome etc. I feel like utter shit. I can barely get more than a few hours of sleep. What's weird is the last 2 days my withdrawals didn't seem so bad until last night. They go much worse over night. Especially when it comes to nausea. The pepto bismol doesn't seem to help in the slightest. Does anyone know any good foods or something to help with the nausea? I'd rather not take anymore psychotropic drugs, so other opioids and gaba drugs are out of the question..

ouch, that sounds rough! you seem to have a good head about it tho, I heard some raw ginger steeped with some tea would help a lot. tbh I wouldn't even stop using the kratom just yet, It might be more beneficial to just keep drinking the Kratom while u detox from the oxy, then ween offa the kratom in a few weeks, make kratom/ginger/lemon/honey tea, that sounds good.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll go buy some ginger and the like. I actually puked yesterday morning I felt so sick. Feeling a lot better today tbh.

fenugreek is an herb that dose wonders for upset stomachs, mixed with something bubbly, ginger ale or something akin to that to aid in the stomach settling. And I would say go back onto the kratom in small amounts to help with the oxy withdrawal, its so many different beautiful chemicals that help with pain and overall good feelings, just slowly dial back from kratom and it will help with the oxy cold turkey.
Good luck and safe trips

Thanks for the advice. Yeah I took a small dose of kratom last night and it was super enjoyable. But now this morning my stomach is worse again. Yesterday my stomach finally started feeling better haha. I plan to take small doses. But its still tough. Ugh. Oxycodone withdrawals are a bitch..

Withdrawal from methadone with kratom but my problem is MASSIVE migraines and constantly going to the bathroom. Only at 5mg of methadone and have tried Red, Green and White kratom..the white (16oz cup from vendor) was great but was up all night. The other two though (Red and green 8oz) both gave me the headache and dirr. What can I do? I need to be off the methodone faster than usual but I can't take the migraine associated. Help please

Trying to taper. Going to be a father in less than six months. I basically feel like I don't have the time to be depressed and sluggish; and that is what is keeping me stuck on this stuff. I went from 12 grams 5 times a day down to 9 grams 2 times a day. I get up really early for work so by the time 11am rolls around it has already been 5+ hours and I want more to RESET my mind. It's just crazy how this stuff can give me confidence and motivation. I almost feel paralyzed by the idea of stopping because as I said I don't have TIME to be depressed and sluggish. I have a ton on my plate and this stuff helps me keep going. I need to remain positive for my wife, push myself to succeed more and make more at work, etc…not sure what to do. I am planning to keep bringing my dose down (i've already come pretty far) but i'm literally AFRAID to stop; I believe I CAN'T do what I need to without it. Can't believe i'm in this spot again. I feel like it blocks me out slightly emotionally. I don't want to have a child and years later still be dependent on this stuff…it's just no fun being chained to it. Any advice, or is it just the same as everyone else. I have TERRIBLE motivation to eat healthy and exercise. Almost feel like those aren't really realistic for me. Don't mean to be negative, I just know myself from past experience. Even if I'm feeling good it's been hard to do those things; when feeling like garbage it seems impossible. Thank you

What about going on wander vacation for 1 week alone/with a friend, that knows about your addiction in order to break your common consumption cycle ? You can take with you a small amount of Loperamid, which will get you rid of the RLS (I'd recommend max. 6-8 mg a day) Moreover you can carry a few herbals with you, that can stabilize your mood like green tea or rhodiola and valerian for sleep. Before that trip you should taper down to max. 10g/day. Then it should be relatively uncomplicated overall.

I have just started taking Kratom to stop the sickness from Sub's...
Can you explain the pros and cons of as many types as you can?

Also, what is the withdrawal like, if any, compared to opiods???

Worse, some, not as bad???

Please, any info or help from anyone would be appreciated...

I didn't think it would work at first... but here I am 4 days without anything but kratom and I haven't gotten sick at all...
I've noticed my nerves are not anywhere near as bad as usual either...
If things keep going this well... I may be able to kick my cigarette habit well...