• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TOUR - Big Day Out - Aust and NZ - Jan 08 REVIEWS!

OMG Rage were fucking awesome. I have never gone that nuts in my life. Agreed there wasn't much crowd interaction but god was there energy. Speaking as one of the angry, circle dancing, shirtless guys I can agree that putting bjork on before rage was a bit silly. Maybe Karnivool or Grinspoon would have been a better choice.

I pretty much just went for Rage. And I was not dissapointed.

Awesome festival. Stand out performances for me were PNAU, Krafty Kuts (was really cool to hear them mix some chilli peppers, metallica and other stuff into their tracks, was also awesome to hear them play some pendulum at the end, went off!) and Rage, although I had too see rage from quite a distance, sure it would have been alot better inside the D.

Anyone else notice this year seemed alot more packed then usual(Perth)?

Last edited:
^Yeah, Pnau fucking rocked here in Melbourne too.
They have such a great presence on stage. Plus the lead-singer is just a liiiiitle bit crazy and I like that. Crazy-eyes! =D

lol

did you know... the PNAU album has 12 different colours on the cover, which represent the 12 different songs, each song will have its own character (the evil strawberry for wild strawberries) AND each song is going to get a film clip

i really hope they do a tour in the not to distant future...

I went to Perth, they rekon 40,000 people turned up according to the news. Certainly seemed like an F'n massive crowd.

RATM was pretty awsome but I was expecting more of a stage show I guess, still couldn't dissapoint tho. Watching a sea of people middle fingers raised screaming fuck you brought a big smile to my face thats for sure =D

Surely there wasn't many fans on the field for B'jerk but I guess they put them side by side so the massive crowd didn't go to wild...?

Catching Cox in lilly world to miss the rage clash was a big bonus, his hat was even more so ;)

Apart from getting stuck in an absolutely shocking jam of people trying to force their way back an forth from the boiler room down a tiny little access way around 4 was a bloody awsome day!

Oh and rage had sound issues in Perth at the start. Could of easily have started a riot.

Couple of minutes in everything went quiet but they seemed to keep playing for a while like they had no idea, well until half the crowd started chanting turn it up ;)

Without going into detail I had a great day, even though the lineup didn't appeal hugely to me this year the variety of the day is something I've grown to really appreciate and it's broadened my tastes in music every year.

There's no other event I could catch Augie March and Josh Pyke and also find myself dancing to DnB, breaks and techno (three genres I don't get into at all).

Fry-d- said:
Oh and rage had sound issues in Perth at the start. Could of easily have started a riot.

Couple of minutes in everything went quiet but they seemed to keep playing for a while like they had no idea, well until half the crowd started chanting turn it up ;)

I'm pretty sure they knew because Tom stopped playing for a minute and shrugged at us, while Zach didn't sing one of the verses. I didn't hear the turn it up because all of us in the most just kept belting out Testify! =D

Ok I did the bdo double - Sydney and Melbourne

Firstly Sydney

A good 70,000 people there yet again. and before anyone says anything thats 55000 + 15000 fence jumpers.

RATM - OMG OMG OMG they annilated the showgrounds! I was going to save them for Melbourne with my friends (I volunteered half the sydney bdo) but was glad I had a change of mind and went running for the nearest bar instead, brought alcohol with my own money and ran with two bourbons in my hands for the most packed mainstage I've ever seen at the sydney bdo for the headlining act!

other highlight of the day - Dizzee Rascal. After hearing my mates back in AKL say good things about this guy when I was on my break I made sure I caught him in the boiler room :)

Melbourne bdo

Ok the first thing I noticed about the Melbourne leg of the tour (I've been to Adelaides and Aucklands before) was just how much smaller than the sydney one it is. thats not a bad thing. the lines for everything where shorter (believe it or not the lines for beer in Akl are as long as Syd and the lines for the loos in adelaide rival sydney). For some reason I always thought Melbournes was the next biggest. Apparently that goes to the gold coast.

secondly - wtf is the go with the drinking ticketing system and worse the segregated drinking areas? I assume the flemmington race course is fully licenced like Sydney and Adelaide showgrounds. We caught absolutly no one (well a bit of Unkle, bjork, ratm, hill top hoods and lcd sound system) but my liver is not thanking me for the binge drinking session at the back of the mainstage.

thirdly - what the melb bdo did have going for it other than the shorter lines - eye candy. the melb folk are certainly the best looking bunch on the tour so far :)