• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Benzodiazepines table comparison

only1one

Bluelighter
Im doing a benzo table comparison for my own personal use, which i'd like to share with you.

Also, if you have anything to add or any correction to make please let me know and i'll update it.

here it is (updated):
http://img119.imageshack.us/my.php?image=benzodiazepinesxj4.jpg

there are info about half life, action, names, and also a comparison table for diazepam's equal potence benzos (i guess diazepam is the most commom one, then its better to compare with)

I think this is very useful everytime i want to choose the best drug when i have to take a benzo. hope u find a use for it too.

thanks

Last edited:
^that's a great job congratulations. but why'd you need that for yourself? can't you just try to remember the info or something? (oh wait we are talking about benzo's here!) haha just had to say that, for me at least my memory gets to be shit from benzos, what about you? i just don't agree on the cloxazolam duration, for me in my personal experience it doesn't last very long really..

man, there are some many of them that i just cant remember they're names, this table makes my life a lot easier when its time to take a benzo. i just see what i got and then take a look at it and i in just a sec i know which drug is better for the moment and how much mg of it i should take.

talking about the cloxazolam, the half life may last 20 to 90 hours. i really dont know how long it last actually cause i usually take eighter bromazepam or diazepam, this last one has a pretty long half life, like i feel kind of stoned on the second day, and still not 100% on the third. clonazepam, however, seems to last one day less.

well.. you tell me, how cloxazolam reacts in your body?

narutokun said:
^that's a great job congratulations. but why'd you need that for yourself? can't you just try to remember the info or something? (oh wait we are talking about benzo's here!) haha just had to say that, for me at least my memory gets to be shit from benzos, what about you? i just don't agree on the cloxazolam duration, for me in my personal experience it doesn't last very long really..
You son of a slob. U ALWAYS GOZT2BE MEAN 2 EVERY 1.

Yeah mang. Thanks for the chart.

wtf is mean about what i said? wtf are you talking about?
well.. you tell me, how cloxazolam reacts in your body?
I'm on 2mg flunitrazepam (oral), 2mg alprazolam (oral) and some gaba right now, but from what I recall when I had cloxazolam around the noticeable effects lasted about 4 to 5 hours tops (anxiolysis, muscle relaxation, etc.). It's not very euphoric IMO.

The ones that are less potent than diazepam wouldn't be negative numbers, they would be fractions, e.g. temazepam isn't -2x diazepam, it's 1/2 (0.5) times as potent. At least that's how potencies are generally written in the type of chart you're compiling.

Good work.

There are a few of these charts floating around but most offer only 50% of the benzos you listed. I wish I could make use of this (through practical testing) but my IOP benzo days are long gone.

Possibly the most helpful eleventh post ever, all the same!

well i didnt intend to multiply the number, my intention was only show how many times those drugs are stronger than diazepam. in some cases they're less pontent, then i put a minus signal.

but you're right in what you say, i could put the numbers in fractions, not with a minus signs. i actually did think about when i did, but since is more a "fast observation" chart only i choose to put the minus signal.

about the cloxazolam i'll do some research. however, you may remember that the chart shows the "half-life" time not the "peak". sure i dont feel the benzos for that long in my body :)

I know this is highly subjective and has been discussed before with no conclusive consensus but generally speaking what is the MOST EUPHORIC benzodiazepine? I feel NO ephoria from them so I rarely use them. I believe the answer is probably Xanax as it is the most abused one, but I am not certain, please ellaborate.

Looks kind of like this table:

http://www.benzo.org.uk/bzequiv.htm

Actually I'd be willing to bet you used this table or something similar as a base to make your own table with added information. You should cite your references.

No i didn't used that table at all. Actually i got info from like 4 different sites, for each benzo. The strange thing is that every site quotes a different half-life, and other information for the same drug. I saw differences of like 50 hours for diazepam, for exemp. I did checked the drug bulls too.

So thats no how i could cite all the references, cause there are so many of them. Plus, i did it for my personal use, i just wanted to share it with you, and if there's any missing or wrong info, i'd appreciate if you tell me, so i can correct the table ;)

About the euphoria, omg bzp's are CNS depressors, i use them im most cases after taking anphetamines or just when im having trouble to sleep. At least I never intend to get any euphoric taking benzos lol =D

i dont thing that the midazolam is right there is no way 3.5 of midazolam is onle = to .5 of xanax

for me the effects of valium wear off quicker than xanax, i dont know where or how that would fit into your chart because the half-life and elimination rate for valium are long, but the noticeable effects are for me half as long in duration than Xanax...

2-3 hours - Valium
4-5 hours - Xanax
5-6 hours - Ativan
6-8 hours - Librium
8-10 hours - Klonopin

^ noticeable effects (whats actually important to me, the half-lives are much less meaningless IMO, and i would NOT consider Valium to be long acting for your duration column, in fact quite the opposite as i've mentioned, and i think its why Valium is so much more difficult to get Rx'd these days compared to Klonopin, Librium or Ativan (or even Xanax).

theanine said:
I know this is highly subjective and has been discussed before with no conclusive consensus but generally speaking what is the MOST EUPHORIC benzodiazepine? I feel NO ephoria from them so I rarely use them. I believe the answer is probably Xanax as it is the most abused one, but I am not certain, please ellaborate.

for me xanax and valium are the most euphoric. the euphoria they provide isn't intense like that of opiates though, it's more similar to alcohol euphoria. like the feeling of having a few drinks but without the unpleasant side affects of alcohol.

center said:

Yeah mang. Thanks for the chart.

He actually wasn't being mean and didn't say anything wrong, please keep it on topic!

enoughorangejuice? said:
for me the effects of valium wear off quicker than xanax, i dont know where or how that would fit into your chart because the half-life and elimination rate for valium are long, but the noticeable effects are for me half as long in duration than Xanax...

2-3 hours - Valium
4-5 hours - Xanax
5-6 hours - Ativan
6-8 hours - Librium
8-10 hours - Klonopin

^ noticeable effects (whats actually important to me, the half-lives are much less meaningless IMO, and i would NOT consider Valium to be long acting for your duration column, in fact quite the opposite as i've mentioned, and i think its why Valium is so much more difficult to get Rx'd these days compared to Klonopin, Librium or Ativan (or even Xanax).

anyone have any comments or agree/disagree with the duration of effects i've noticed while taking benzos for the past 3 years.

Also I will defiantley tell you that 0.5mg clonazepam is nowhere near 10mg of diazepam. I would say 1mg-1.5mg even of clonazepam = 10mg diazepam

BTW I am very experienced with clonazepam, diazepam too but clonazepam mostly.

Does anybody know how these benzo equivelancy charts are measured.....for example in terms of anti anxiety effects.....or in terms of which is more hypnotic.....or which is more euphoric...etc.
Because it just doesn't make sense at all comparing say midazolam with alprozalam since everyone knows midazolam is much more hypnotic where aplrozalam is much more anti anxiety.