Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[VIC] Earthcore Global Carnival - 23rd-25th Nov REVIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.

psytaco

Bluelighter
just wondering if anyone is going to this? it's only about 1 1/2 months away so i thought it was about time for a thread.

the line-up is looking good.

See www.earthcore.com.au for line-up, ticket prices, other info etc.

Friday 23rd November 2007. 1:30pm

DANCE AID PRESENTS THE 14TH ANNUAL EARTHCORE GLOBAL CARNIVAL – 3 DAYS OF FUN/SUN/LOVE IN THE GREAT AUSTRALIAN OUTBACK…

The outdoor festival that started an entire subculture way back in the early 90’s – commonly referred to as the “bush doof” – commences with a new direction for 2007. With over 30 previous Earthcore Festivals, the subsequent evolution and punter feedback to draw from, this year sees a few changes in line.

We’re combining a return to our grass-roots with new concepts and expanding into varied musical genres and mind bending affiliations with a multitude of artists, performers & hangers on – all whilst keeping the community spirit and fun strong! Earthcore 2007 will be remembered as the one that delivered the goods and brought you back with blissed out memories of an experience at the cutting edge of entertainment…

3 days of camping and hanging with your mates, featuring an army of local, interstate and international performers providing mind blowing music, art, workshops and down to earth decadence – DESTROY YOUR CLUBWEAR!

INTERNATIONAL TALENT INCLUDING:
Space Tribe : Nick Sentience : Tipper : S.U.N. Project : Brisker & Magitman : ESP : X-Noize : John 00 Fleming : Nicki S : D.A.V.E The Drummer : Xavier Morel : Lish : Electric Universe : Sesto Sento : Bog : Kosmas Epsilon : Extrawelt / Midimiliz : Luke Vibert : Visual Paradox : Perfect Stranger : Tsuyoshi Suzuki / Numanoid

PLUS YOUR FAVOURITE LOCAL & INTERSTATE CREW:
Atonix : Base Electro(n) vs Throbgoblin : Ben Evans : Blinky : Bobby Raver : Chwen : Colonel Mustard : Coomzy : Dave Jales : Denham Jay : Digital Primate : DJ Dusk : Effin See : Emerson vs Murat : Evan Sparks : Fulcrum/GMJ : Hans Dirty : Hugo Peterson : James Brooke : Jen Tutty : Lowkey & Nude : Luke MCD vs Ehsan : MiniAnimal : Mish’Chief : Miso : Monsoon Moon : Mr Lob : Muska : Nabisco Stu : NicNac : Noodles : Oblique Industries : Orpheus : Radiator : Rif Raf vs Marcotix : Rubal : SammonDJ : Shards : Sourcepan : Spiz vs Al Diddy : Steve May : Steve Stratton : Suntribe : Thad Lester : The Avatar : The Blank Theory : Tim Boyd : Timothy Allan : U-One : Wavemotion

Gates open 12 noon Friday 23 November!
2hrs from Melbourne : fresh water swimming on-site : Funktion One sound all floors : composting toilets : byo shade : cars can be parked next to camping zone : children under 15 free entry : fully licensed event : bring ID if you want to drink : no swimming at night : no byo : no pets : no fires : no glass : no passouts : no anti-social behaviour : no renegade sound-systems : market stall enquires – [email protected] : general enquires – (03) 9527 2354 or [email protected] : ticket enquiries – [email protected] : maximum 3000 capacity event : rain hail or shine this event is all systems go go go!!!!!!

How to get there:
Take the Western FWY (M8) to Ballarat & head into the Town Centre on Ballarat-Burrumbeet Rd. Stay left on Ballarat-Burrumbeet Rd through the Town Centre and turn left onto the Midland HWY (A300). Turn right onto the Glenelg HWY (B160) and pass through Skipton. Drive 28KM to Streatham & veer right onto Rossbridge-Streatham RD (C182). Drive 10KM & cross train line with care. Drive 2.5KM & turn right onto Tatyoon Rd & travel 6KM to the first checkpoint. 2hrs travel time.

Travel by BUS to the festival: for all details on bus services from Sydney and Melbourne visit www.earthcore.com.au

Last edited by a moderator:
^ agreed it certainly was a fiasco. I was very pissed about what happened with GMS!
That said, my exams finish just before this and every year its a good chance for all my mates to get together and party free from uni deadlines etc.

i am looking forward to tsuyoshi, x-noise and of course sun project. Nobody from the australian dj's really grabs me (was hoping for mantrix, decoy and siaqua) but i guess i'll just stick around the hydra stage where I'm sure someone I least expect will blow my mind.

The direction seem very similiar to the dreaded cradel of filth from 02. Please tell me its not there again!

Just a side note...not to get it off to a bad start...Could we PLEASE not clutter the thread up with the whole boycott Spiro chatter that plagued the last thread to. All that can be done via email and pm please.

Im suprised at the line up...is that it? Surely there is more to be announced?

No Siaqua 8o

I wont be going...i just cant do long festivals anymre phsyically :\

Compared to previous years the lineup is a bit dismal to say the least.

I see it's at a new location, interesting. Anyway I won't be going either. Not really my thing anymore. :)

So in turns of decent psy, who would guys recommend i check out?
Anyone fomr others genres worth seeing - i wasn't to impressed with nick senitence or John Fleming last year so i might give them a miss

That lineup is very prog orientated. Check out Tipper though. Awesome UK psy-breaks. Space Tribe is great. Visual Paradox is okay. Electric Universe are good too. Sesto Sento are cheese. Bog is ok.

no one listenened to me years ago when i said it.... nooooo... i was just "causing trouble and being difficult"

hrmmm - thats all i'll say on the matter :p

^^^
It's not always about you deary.

It's fine to not like the guy and want to boycott for previous reasons but if you really feel so strongly about it there are other ways to deal with it other than clutter this up ok?

We want to see positive talk about EC and the line up and event.

Any negative issues can be kept out please :)

That's all to be said about the saga.

I'm a bit offended that you think that i think "this is all about me" and all i said was "rainbow" I only added my bit after others did so it's not like i came in here to start shit or i would have done that in my first post. Just saying that when i said it and realised what a gronk he and he events were everyone jumped down my throat but as soon as the majority of people have a bad experience then it's ok... whatever....

doofqueen said:
no one listenened to me years ago when i said it.... nooooo... i was just "causing trouble and being difficult"

hrmmm - thats all i'll say on the matter :p

that sure sounds like "it's all about me" tbh. especially since i've been boycotting earthcore events - and talking loudly about it - for at least the last two years.

call me crazy.

I personally can't stand EC but I'm gutted that I'll be missing Tipper and Si Begg who are both playing, coz they are seriously two of my fave artists of all time, oh and Luke Vibert too.

I lose :(

hrmmm - thats all i'll say on the matter

...That's the post i was referring to before you jump to gun DQ.

...I know people have had bad spiro experiences but A: they have all been vented and made loud and clear in previous threads so we would prefer them not dominating this thread BECAUSE there are still people who like this event and B: this isn't a RAINBOW thread. So comments like 'rainbow' are just asking for a stir imho.

Im really disappointed in the line up. My best mate is chomping at the bit to go but i just can;t see anybody i would want to travel that whole way to see...ive seen the magority of the international acts before but i wouldnt mind seeing Space Tribe again at some stage.

Last edited:
Hi Guys,

MuntFreight are now organising return chartered buses to and from Earthcore for $70 (return).
For more information or to book a ticket, please visit www.muntfreight.com or mobile numbers removed. PM ADAM OR RORY THROUGH THIS ACCOUNT. Post edited. SF69

MuntFreight said:
Hi Guys,

MuntFreight are now organising return chartered buses to and from Earthcore for $70 (return).
For more information or to book a ticket, please visit www.muntfreight.com or mobile numbers removed. PM ADAM OR RORY THROUGH THIS ACCOUNT. Post edited. SF69

hillarious name=D
sounds like you guys are running a good service though, seems likes a good way to get ot meet people and get home safely.

Hi Guys,

MuntFreight are now offering return bus trips to Earthcore for $70.

By taking MuntFreight buses, you can:

- Meet new and exciting people going to the same event as you
- Forget having to organise a designated driver
- Leave your car at home
- Forget having to follow maps to try to find the event

For more information or to book tickets visit our website www.muntfreight.com or call:
...and again...removed mobile numbers. PLEASE DO NOT POST NUMBERS IN THIS THREAD. Please PM or email through this site. MUNTFREIGHT: PLEASE STOP POSTING SEPERATE EC BUS THREADS. EXTRA THRADS WILL BE DELETED. SF69

Lets enjoy ourselves and know we're going to get home safely :)

I have to say im really dissapointed at how negative everyone is about Earthcore. This year is my first year and I'm super excited about it. I mean is it really that bad? Looks pretty sick in all the pictures and I've only heard good things about it from friends who have gone.

Status
Not open for further replies.