Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[VIC] Earthcore Global Carnival - 23rd-25th Nov REVIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
saw 6 undercovers with a black lab walking the main drag.. We were just off that area and being pretty dam obvious and had no problems at all ;)

On the run said:
dude what kind of a feeble doofer are you if you can't go hard 3 days long. for shame, mate. ps, i've been to about 10-15 smaller doofs this year, and dj'd at a bunch of them as well ie the sundance records party etc, and nothing pisses me off more then the dudes who just sleep during the night or turn up at 8am on sunday morning. is it that hard to go hard all night?

Being able to stay awake for three days isn't anything special. Hell, give me amphetamines and I could do it too. So you think your uber-doofness makes you more of a man or sumthin'? 8) What a bore. Psytrance is bout doing whatevea you want. If someone wants to sleep the whole party, fugging good on 'em. It can actually be a bit hard to go all night, particulalry if you are vaguely concerned about your health. Oh, but then doof lords aren't like that, Mother Nature feeds them (and the hells angels who brew the meth).

That attitude is what is killing the psy scene in Australia, for me at least. Live and let live. That said, how was earthcore? %)

willow11 said:
Being able to stay awake for three days isn't anything special. Hell, give me amphetamines and I could do it too. So you think your uber-doofness makes you more of a man or sumthin'? 8) What a bore. Psytrance is bout doing whatevea you want. If someone wants to sleep the whole party, fugging good on 'em. It can actually be a bit hard to go all night, particulalry if you are vaguely concerned about your health. Oh, but then doof lords aren't like that, Mother Nature feeds them (and the hells angels who brew the meth).

That attitude is what is killing the psy scene in Australia, for me at least. Live and let live. That said, how was earthcore? %)

Where did i say it was special to be able to stay awake for 3 days? I said the completel opposite, that you'd have to be pretty feeble NOT to be able to. Drugs or otherwise. And it's pretty laughable that you think people wanting to actually stay up and dance or whatever is what is killing the psy scene. Yeah it must be that, not the bunch of scenester tools who make up 80% of the doof crowd, don't dance at all but just stand around by the fire chin stroking all night, if they even turn up before it's light.

Half the doofs I go to me and my mates are the only freakin ones on the dancefloor supporting the djs at night. How fun is it to dj to a bunch of hippies standing around a fire talking or an empty dancefloor? Not very. I'd kill for parties here like the ones in israel/india/europe where people dance hard all night. It's the lamest scene ever here. But yeah it's def people like me whose attitude tends to be "party hard and enjoy the music instead of sleeping through most of it" that are killing the scene.

Well after what's been going on at the earthcore forum I don't think i'll be attending anymore of their events. Spiro has been editing people's posts when they brought up all the broken promises about 333 and other random negative things about parties, and then when I called him out on it in the review thread he deleted my post then PM'd this to me:

"hi there

start any shit on this forum and you'll be banned

plain and simple

this is a private forum and we reserve the right to entry

thanks"

What a tool, no wonder earthcore is going downhill.

On the run said:
Where did i say it was special to be able to stay awake for 3 days? I said the completel opposite, that you'd have to be pretty feeble NOT to be able to. Drugs or otherwise. And it's pretty laughable that you think people wanting to actually stay up and dance or whatever is what is killing the psy scene. Yeah it must be that, not the bunch of scenester tools who make up 80% of the doof crowd, don't dance at all but just stand around by the fire chin stroking all night, if they even turn up before it's light.

Half the doofs I go to me and my mates are the only freakin ones on the dancefloor supporting the djs at night. How fun is it to dj to a bunch of hippies standing around a fire talking or an empty dancefloor? Not very. I'd kill for parties here like the ones in israel/india/europe where people dance hard all night. It's the lamest scene ever here. But yeah it's def people like me whose attitude tends to be "party hard and enjoy the music instead of sleeping through most of it" that are killing the scene.

No, I meant people with an attitude that doesn't allow others to do what they want and enjoy it. You talk about chin-strokers 'talking all night', exactly what you sound like....to be honest, I prfer the sounds of progressive at a doof, which means staying awake all night will ruin my chance of feeling great when I see who I wanna see. Unless they play prog at night, then I'm in bed. Sorry, but I've heard a million full-on psytrane tunes at night at many a doof, and over several years (say 7) I've become kinda cold on that sound.

I'm actually not that concerned as to whether that DJ has fun or not; perhaps if a different style of music was being played, people would listen. Look at RSF, largely psygressive and I don't tend to sleep very much there... Personally, I like listening to dark psy (Kindzadza, Ocelot, Terranoise, Savage Scream) at home, and groovy prog when out.

Ah, I've fallen into my own trap; I don't wanna be judgmental like so much of the melbourne/aussie psy (oz)trance scene, yet in effect, I am being. No offense bro :\ :)

willow11 said:
No, I meant people with an attitude that doesn't allow others to do what they want and enjoy it. You talk about chin-strokers 'talking all night', exactly what you sound like....to be honest, I prfer the sounds of progressive at a doof, which means staying awake all night will ruin my chance of feeling great when I see who I wanna see. Unless they play prog at night, then I'm in bed. Sorry, but I've heard a million full-on psytrane tunes at night at many a doof, and over several years (say 7) I've become kinda cold on that sound.

I'm actually not that concerned as to whether that DJ has fun or not; perhaps if a different style of music was being played, people would listen. Look at RSF, largely psygressive and I don't tend to sleep very much there... Personally, I like listening to dark psy (Kindzadza, Ocelot, Terranoise, Savage Scream) at home, and groovy prog when out.

Ah, I've fallen into my own trap; I don't wanna be judgmental like so much of the melbourne/aussie psy (oz)trance scene, yet in effect, I am being. No offense bro :\ :)

Which part of "go hard or go home" and "me and my mates are the only one on the dancefloor at night" makes it sound like we stand around talking all night? We DANCE all night. That's why we come to psy parties, because we like the music and like to dance to it. Not as some sort of lame social gathering where everyone just stands around and talks and ignores the music. No offence taken, this is just something that perpetually pisses me off.

ilikeacid said:
Only downside.. like it takes 2 hours to get there from Melb.. more like 4! grrr

You think that's a hassle... do the mission from Sydney. That's a killer! I'm so glad I wont have to do it for rainbow next year :)

On the run said:
Which part of "go hard or go home" and "me and my mates are the only one on the dancefloor at night" makes it sound like we stand around talking all night? We DANCE all night. That's why we come to psy parties, because we like the music and like to dance to it. Not as some sort of lame social gathering where everyone just stands around and talks and ignores the music. No offence taken, this is just something that perpetually pisses me off.

Don't let it. Each to their own. I hate the feeling of being forced to have fun at a doof etc. like because I'm not dancing and going wild, I'm not having fun. I don't know how many times in the last 2 years (before I prettymuch dropped from the scene :| ) I was asked if there was something worng with me, or why I was so unhappy, or why I wasn't dancing- it really got me down, particualrly the younger e and meth crowd who are drunk as well and tend to not allow each individual there own pace. I've danced and tripped at night many glorious times; daytime has more to offer me now, visually and musically. That said, I'd love a dark set during the day, can't see why there isn't any.

I never said (I don't think) that you and yer mates just stand around n shit- good on you for dancing and going for it. For me, a doof is also about what you mentioned; dancing in the bush to fucking awesome music; but its also the experience itself, being in australian nature, with some cool peeps and nice drugs. Psytrance as a music style doen't hold me very tight anymore, so I have to look for other things.

As said, each to their own. You can dance extra for me, by night, if you want, I'll raise dust by day :D

Peace and pound

Eh...I love standing around, chatting to mates and slowly grooving along as much as I love jumping around like a dosed up monkey getting absolutely lost in the music. Just depends what mood I'm in. IMO, juding someone for how they behave at a doof, or getting pissed off with it (unless they're being absolute dickheads and ruining everyones experience) is exactly the type of attitude we all go up bush to get away from. Live and let live, on the run.

On the run said:

I love these quotes from people who appear not to have been going out for years. Go to your 5th year or 7th year (it's been 14 years for me and doofs/18 years for 'parties') and you may be saying/doing the very thing once pissed you off ;) After a while, one can appreciate being able to do either 'hard' or 'slow' or any thing in between. Don't worry what others are doing unless it's grounds to close these parties/events we enjoy :)

And with Spiro editing his forum, he has been doing that for years. I think it all started around the time he slapped Dale like a girl @ monkey island. *fun times* :D

^He does have girly hair....

wazza said:
After a while, one can appreciate being able to do either 'hard' or 'slow' or any thing in between. Don't worry what others are doing unless it's grounds to close these parties/events we enjoy :)

Ahh words from the wise :)

From the people ive spoken to apparently this earthcore was actually pretty good!

Thanks a lot. It's people like you that really make me feel warm and fuzzy and inside...............

<3

leecie: removed quote

Last edited by a moderator:
Just to set the record straight. GMS didn't show up. FACT. GMS kept a 10000 Euro booking fee and never paid back. FACT Don't believe me ? Then why not contact the other half of 1200 mics (now no longer together due to GMS not turning up at Earthcore.) Raja Ram and/or Chicago. They have myspace accounts so try via that channel.

As for Eskimo. He didn't turn up either. FACT. Contact him via his myspace and ask him yourselves.

It's so easy for people to lay blame yet so so hard for them to actually stick by their words and prove it. I can !!!!!!!!! Can you ?

It's people like the one above who says "I should die" that has made me decide to put the final earthcore on this year. I am saddened by the jealousy and hatred of the doof scene I help start in Australia 15 years ago. The nazis had a similar mentality towards (They should die?) the jews and look what that brought about.

I should die?............. I wouldn't want that to happen to anyone. How sad that people have devolved to such a degree.

Sad indeed.

You have what you wished for. Well done. Congrats.

01_news.htm

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.