Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[VIC] Earthcore Global Carnival - 23rd-25th Nov REVIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
trancegirle said:
Im not really sure why people are bothering to even bring Spiro up, as far as i know spiro doesn't have anything to do with earthcore anymore, they are now run by dance aid, which as an added bonus gives the proceeds of the event to charity. There is also 7,000 less tickets being sold this year. Like i said haven't been before and if id have been there when GMS were meant to be playing i would have been dissapointed also but build a bridge :) Whatever event you go to, it will be what you make of it.

7000 less tickets? so they're selling 0 tickets? pretty sure it only would have got about 7 thousand last EC.. the 10th year anniversary was the biggest and that was about 10.

btw, at least earthcore didn't lose it's site/half it's acts/half it's running time like tribe did 2 years ago. every festival has it's hiccups.. still don't know whether the GMS/eskimo thing was EC's fault, they are pretty known for not showing up, specially eskimo.

On the run said:
7000 less tickets? so they're selling 0 tickets? pretty sure it only would have got about 7 thousand last EC.. the 10th year anniversary was the biggest and that was about 10.
Wasn't quoting an exact figure there, pretty sure i heard there were 10,000 there last year. Not that that is the point, either way there is a lot less tickets being sold this year. Which im guessing will change the vibe a fair bit :)

yeah I'm heading down. hopefully there aren't too many idiots playing their subwoofers in the precious few hours of sleep they give us on sat morning.

yella said:
yeah I'm heading down. hopefully there aren't too many idiots playing their subwoofers in the precious few hours of sleep they give us on sat morning.

go hard or go home

yella said:

Stilnox is your friend, my brother:D

trancegirle said:
Im not really sure why people are bothering to even bring Spiro up, as far as i know spiro doesn't have anything to do with earthcore anymore, they are now run by dance aid, which as an added bonus gives the proceeds of the event to charity. There is also 7,000 less tickets being sold this year. Like i said haven't been before and if id have been there when GMS were meant to be playing i would have been dissapointed also but build a bridge :) Whatever event you go to, it will be what you make of it.

Exactly.

It's at the dust bowl again? The last time i went there they had so many sprained ankles it wasn't funny! 72 I think it was. Also where I met me current partner <3

On the run said:
go hard or go home
typical attitude of the average earthcore delinquent. half the people there "go hard" on friday night and they're too fucked too have a good time on sat night and see all the main acts.

Running an event is like life, shit happens sometimes, then hopefully you get over it.
Most of the negativity come from kids who think they know something cos they been clubbing/drugging/trancing for 5 minutes. (been there done that got the t-shirt attitude.) I don't take it seriously. Just proves they still got alot to learn and that they are actually just letting themselves down in the meantime.

Go to Earthcore and make up your own mind I say. If its great go back, if its not your cup of tea, don't go back. Simple. Cos whatever shit some people are trying to sell in this thread, I just ain't buying!

Ive said it before and i will say it again...people need to get over and move on from the whole Spiro bashing. Everyone has pretty much said their piece so move on. Leave the negativity and BS out of this thread.

The whole Danceaid/Orphund thing is just a charity tax write-off for Spiro. He blew the budget on coke last year. Go figure.

Unless you have proof of that comment I would strongly consider removing it. Whatever your opinion on him and his business, incriminating comments like that will be removed. Be it directed at a member of this board or not.

Deafbone said:
Go to Earthcore and make up your own mind I say. If its great go back, if its not your cup of tea, don't go back. Simple. Cos whatever shit some people are trying to sell in this thread, I just ain't buying!

Short...simple...and straight to the point.

The times ive been to EC i have had fun, met awesome people and taken away a great experience. I start a new job next week so alas i definantly cant come this year. All though i was churning it over and was nearlly convinced ;)

Negativity is contagious. Thats why its best to make up your own mind.

yella said:
typical attitude of the average earthcore delinquent. half the people there "go hard" on friday night and they're too fucked too have a good time on sat night and see all the main acts.

dude what kind of a feeble doofer are you if you can't go hard 3 days long. for shame, mate. ps, i've been to about 10-15 smaller doofs this year, and dj'd at a bunch of them as well ie the sundance records party etc, and nothing pisses me off more then the dudes who just sleep during the night or turn up at 8am on sunday morning. is it that hard to go hard all night?

^Pffft. Rocking up on the dancefloor Sunday just before sunrise with a night's sleep behind you is a way to guarantee you will be rocking all day, instead of being sketched out, tired and scattered by noon. Plus, most night-time music around is shite..with a few exceptions, so I the way I see it...you sleep through the shite, wake up and groove all day long in the sun!

I'm pretty much the opposite. I reckon noon is about when the music starts to turn to shit (read: progressive), and way prefer the night time shit. Not that earthcore has any darkpsy at it anyway, you hear the same stuff their at 3am as you do at 10am. Gooo tribeadelic with kindzadza

Yeah I like good dark psy, so if there's something worth waiting up for I will do it. I probably won't sleep at all at Tribe hehehehe...I'm only into good hard/dark stuff and also love my prog/electro as long as it's good, spacey and trippy!

yaaayyy 2 days to go. this time tomorrow i'll be suffering from severe car boredom, oh right.

For my third Earthcore this one was by FAR the best! The venue was awesome (a 200 million year old extinct volcano crator), the weather was great, the vibe was wicked and sun project, esp and ESPECIALLY Electric universe went fucking off! I had the time of my life, we just got back then and I'm still buzzed about how good the whole thing was.

Only downside.. like it takes 2 hours to get there from Melb.. more like 4! grrr

Oh yeah, and there weren't any "earthcore delinquents" (well not many) going to hard on the friday and missing the saturday and sunday morning.

I was out on the dance floor from 3am to 630am and it was packed! (especially to esp) I went back to the tent had a rest and was back out by 1pm, and I tell you the floor was going off! There was just as many people there than there was at 3am. The vibe was just to dam good! :)

Also I seemed to pull up ok for 2 more days of dancing after rocking out hard to John OO Fleming at 1:30 on the friday night. You can do it, just "GO HRAD" 8)

Last edited:
^

Yeah i went hard as all friday night, and still partied all saturday night as well. But ended up way preferring the friday night anyway, neuromotor's set was brutal, definitely blew any of the stuff i heard on saturday night away.

I thought both nights were great, but I definitely had more fun saturday night cause I was a bit tired and sick friday night. but yeah sun project blew me away and even though I was aching from dancing all night I couldn't help but groove out. the cloudy morning and misty rain was really cool as well during that set.
but yeah good doof, I liked the vibes!

does anyone know about the cops searching the campsites? (without peoples permission or even while they were there)

Status
Not open for further replies.