Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

[VIC] Earthcore Global Carnival - 23rd-25th Nov REVIEWS

Status
Not open for further replies.
girlfromoz said:
I have to say im really dissapointed at how negative everyone is about Earthcore. This year is my first year and I'm super excited about it. I mean is it really that bad? Looks pretty sick in all the pictures and I've only heard good things about it from friends who have gone.

The best thing you can do is to go and experience it for yourself. Don't listen or worry about what some of them have to say about it with their negativity. I went and have been more than once and enjoyed myself. I am however to old (or so i think) phsyically to do the long haul.

Most of the neg attitude comes from peoples bad experiences. But that is their experience. Not yours :)

Last edited:
thanks, yeah I'll be going anyway, already have the tickets! just thought it was a shame to hear so much bad stuff about it. but I'm a firm believer that having a good time is all about good company and a good mindset, so I think it'll be a blast! and I'll be going to tribeadelic and rainbow serpent as well. the summer of doofs begins :D

It's my first earthcore too, i've been warned but still looking forward to it..

Nobody from the australian dj's really grabs me (was hoping for mantrix,
I would have liked to see mantrix too

girlfromoz said:
thanks, yeah I'll be going anyway, already have the tickets! just thought it was a shame to hear so much bad stuff about it. but I'm a firm believer that having a good time is all about good company and a good mindset, so I think it'll be a blast! and I'll be going to tribeadelic and rainbow serpent as well. the summer of doofs begins :D

Don't listen to what others are saying. Earthcore is a pretty solid event - minus a few stuff ups. Most people are refering to the cancellations of 3 head lining acts last year that weren't announced until the day of the event. Spiro (the guy who runs EC) then bad mouthed the acts when really it was his fault that some of them did not rock up (ie GMS - they were not picked up at the airport).
Otherwise it is a good doof. Alot of the Aust djs end up surprising you with some really good sets and the set up is pretty good. Crowd is pretty chiling (minus a few knobs but they will be at any event).
If you go there with a positive attitude and some good friends you will not be disappointed

girlfromoz said:
but I'm a firm believer that having a good time is all about good company and a good mindset

That is indeed the key factors to having a good time :) I had a convo with my best mate tonight about EC and she still is keen to go but i am not convinced yet...

well I think events are always a great excuse to just get out and dissapear from reality for a few days and have a really good time in the process. but if your not keen theres no point. up to you really!

i just bought my tickets! am surprising my boy when i get them in the post :) (he thinks we're not going) i actually had a bad experience last yr and we left on the saturday :( but am happy at the prospect that its come round again and i can go there and stay there the whole time :) am looking forward to it alot! and as other ppl have said, the experience is really what u make it! hey, i had a bad one last yr, but am coming again!

^ Don't mean to be nosey but was why left early due to the cancellations or police presence? Or was it for personal reasons?

bought a couple of the cheap presales but still not sure if i'm going or not.. depends what my mates do. i'm fairly keen to catch sesto sento, lish and esp tho

Earthcore is wicked! This year will be just as mental as previous years! It's all about the vibe you bring with you. How could hanging out with good friends for 3 days, tripping out to some good music and relaxing all day in a creek be anything but fun?!

I thought the line up was pretty good actually: Space tribe, electric universe, suzuki are enough to get me heavily psyched!!

BTW who comes to a event thread to bag it out? Seriously go to the rant thread if you have a problem. It's snobby doofer's like you guys who ruin these events for people who have no baggage..

I don't have any baggage. I'm just saying that there are way better festivals, run by better crews who are motivated to put on gigs for reasons aside from profit. I've had the time of my life at Earthcores. It was what got me into doofing!

There's even a chance I might come, a friend has free tickets. Just trust me on the fact that Tribeadelic, Rainbow, Maitreya and the like will be better festivals, with better vibes and music. Hell, why not come to them all and have a great summer!

does anyone know if there are buses to earthcore from canberra or even sydney? from looking around online i cant find any but if anyone has any information that would be greatly appreciated! thanks

Meh at what people say on this forum.......this forum is like the most jaded of the lot.

But yeah, I will be in attendance at this, line-up isn't stomping but at least I get to see luke vibert and extrawalt, oh and dave the drummer. With a good attitude you'll have a great time at EC, i always do. Haven't been to one of the these for about 3 yrs now but am happy it's at the Crater again, which makes for good fun.

groova said:
Meh at what people say on this forum.......this forum is like the most jaded of the lot.

lol @ psycosynthesis, I was going to say you musn't have been over to ITM recently then!

Over here it isn't so much jaded as anti-Spiro. People hate to see great parties messed up by incompetence.

Im not really sure why people are bothering to even bring Spiro up, as far as i know spiro doesn't have anything to do with earthcore anymore, they are now run by dance aid, which as an added bonus gives the proceeds of the event to charity. There is also 7,000 less tickets being sold this year. Like i said haven't been before and if id have been there when GMS were meant to be playing i would have been dissapointed also but build a bridge :) Whatever event you go to, it will be what you make of it.

trancegirle said:
Like i said haven't been before and if id have been there when GMS were meant to be playing i would have been dissapointed also but build a bridge :) Whatever event you go to, it will be what you make of it.

Couldn't of said it better myself.

Events are certainly what you make of it. If you want an initimate party with only hippies, acid and prog psy then earthcore may not be for you. The good thing about earthcore is that it caters for many dance music demographics without too much of the protentious overtones that you get in music cliches. it nice also to be exposed to many different types of dance music so you can branch out a bit maybe find some good music of another genre that you like.

It will be interesting to see how the party goes as he crowd size is going to be significantly smaller than past years. Also there are only two general admission stages this year which will make for some crowded shenigans. Midi Millaz is playing at 6pm saturday on the hydra stage. I can imagine everybody will be there to check it out. I imagine everyone will be tripping balls too8o , so this will make for an interesting experience. Does anyone know what kind of music midimillaz will play?

there doesn't seem to be many clashes in set times either, which is a nice change from previous years. I think SUN project will be the ones to check out, playing at 6am sunday morning. Better make sure my psychotropic timetable is in synch for these guys;)

Status
Not open for further replies.