• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

MELB - STEREOSONIC Fest - DEC 1st (DAYTIME EVENT) - Royal Melb Show Grounds REVIEWS

neverwas

Bluelighter
I don't think I have been this happy with a line up for ages...

Stereosonic

Overview:

OneLove and Hardware proudly present Summers' hottest new festival...

Where: Melbourne Showgrounds
Epsom Road
Ascot Vale VIC
Australia

When and Time: Saturday 1 Dec 2007 12:00 PM - 10:00 PM

STARRING AN ALL-STAR 1st ROUND CAST…

ARMAND VAN HELDEN - U.S.A
FEDDE LE GRAND - NETHERLANDS
BOOKA SHADE LIVE - GERMANY
TRENTEMØLLER - DENMARK //LIVE IN CONCERT FULL BAND SHOW <--- HELL YEAH!! =D
KLAAS - GERMANY
TIM DELUXE - U.K.
PAUL HARRIS - U.K. // DIRTY VEGAS
VICARIOUS BLISS - FRANCE // ED BANGER REC
DJ MEHDI - FRANCE // ED BANGER RECORDS
KEVIN SAUNDERSON - U.S.A // KMS INNER CITY
STACEY PULLEN - U.S.A

AGENT 86
BOOGS
T-REK
SUNSHINE
MIKE CALLANDER
DAVE PHAM
BEN CROMACK

AJAX
JOHN COURSE
GRANT SMILIE
KAZ JAMES - BODYROCKERS

ANDY MURPHY
THE POTBELLEEZ
TOMMY TRASH
SAM LA MORE
MATT NUGENT
DISCO MAFIA
NICK FOLEY
RIOT IN BELGIUM
ACID JACKS
BAGRAIDERS
BREWSTER B
HARRIS ROBOTIS
ANDEE VAN DAMAGE
GENERIK
CHINA
STREETPARTY

MINX
FOOTCLAN
QUINMASTERS
JAKE O’LEARY
JULES JAY
CAM TARANTO

1ST RELEASE $69+BF TICKETS
ON SALE MONDAY 24TH SEPTEMBER FROM

TICKETEK 132 849 (all stores)
www.hardwarecorp.com.au
www.inthemix.com.au
Central Station City / Click n Drag St Kilda /
DMC Records Sth Yarra
Discurio City / Fist To Face Ringwood /
Leading Edge Music Geelong
Mighty Music Machine Chapel St / Missing Link Records City

and more to be announced Friday 28th September

STEREOSONIC 2007 is a brand spankin new approach to the first festival for the summer in Melbourne town, showcasing the latest and greatest in electro, house, indie dance, electronica, detroit funk, broken tech phunk and uber dance-pop!

Melbournes’ award winning camp Onelove Music Group and long time legendary Festival stalwarts Hardware Corporation present their latest groundbreaking festival since creating Two Tribes back at Shed 14 in 1999!

The Royal Melbourne Showgrounds has been graced the home of STEREOSONIC due to its $140m refurbishment and amazing green spaces. A site for sore same-venue-store eyes, the Showgrounds will be transformed into a multi-stage festival utilising the grandstand and new green grounds. Forget the old cattle-shed concrete and dustbowl storms of 99, the Showgrounds is back and bubbling like a Volcano!

A 5-minute journey from downtown will get you super-stereo HI-FI sounds of the future from the worlds hottest bands and DJs. The witchdoctor ARMAND VAN HELDEN head ups the first of his GHETTOBLASTER ALBUM TOUR dates rockin out the NEW YORK CITY BEATS for his first Melbourne appearance in two years. Current Dutch champion of electro-house fused with uber dance-pop is FEDDE LE GRAND who’ll give us THE CREEPS as he unleashes his new stormer with IDA COR on the planet to take hold of the dance and pop charts.

This years most talked about 2 sell-out show act for Electronica is Germany’s BOOKA SHADE who will be rolling out their DJ KICKS WORLD TOUR on stage more live than ever before. Denmark’s wonder-boy TRENTEMOLLER gives us an experience to remember with his band in tow to present TRENTEMOLLER IN CONCERT with a visual show to boot! His new album THE CHRONICLES is the business and a must have for any discerning music fan.

French label-of-the-moment ED BANGER RECORDS brings us two of its best in DJ MEHDI, the Hip Hop legend come glitch-house-nuvo extraordinaire alongside UK based VICARIOUS BLISS. Darren Emerson’s label Underwater presents TIM DELUXE and also comes UKs party house fave PAUL HARRIS // DIRTY VEGAS. Detroit legend KEVIN SAUNDERSON aka INNER CITY also graces the decks alongside fellow US comrade, indie-dance legend STEVE AOKI aka KID MILLIONAIRE.

ONELOVE faves ANDY MURPHY, JOHN COURSE, ACID JACKS plus a bucket more of Melbourne will be there with bells on. Sydney superstars BANG GANG fire up the MODULAR side of things, with Melbournes RIOT IN BELGIUM and MIXMAG faves Grant Smillie and Ivan Gough.

STEREOSONIC… expect the best in good times, great music, a fresh approach and venue with a glimpse of the next generation of bands and DJs!

Full line-up with additional international and local acts and bands will be announced on Friday 28th September.

www.onelove.com.au

www.hardwarecorp.com.au

So many people in theline upim so keen to see!!!

trentemoeller, dave pham, mike callander, tim deluxe, ajx, ben cromack, kevin saunderson etc

Anyone keen???

I already have my ticket, this is gonna be a wicked day.
i'll be praying for good weather.

trent moller live is almost enough for me.

^^^^
Yeah i know. He was the clincher for me. At least all the dickheads will be off seeing Grant Smilie and the typical club dj's and will leave the others alone to actually enjoy the ones they want to.

Any idea how much full price tickets will be??

Hmm...i may just have to go and buy tickets in a couple of weeks...depends on finances though right now

*sighs*

I wouldnt mind checking out Fedde Le Grande to see if he was as crap irl as he is on the radio.

Haven't decided if I'm going to attend or not just yet. It is a good line up. I'd love to see Armen and Ajax but trying to budget it all in with xmas, spring carni and summadayze. Have already been offered extremely cheap VIP tix through a mate of a mate so I might have to do myself the favour and get there! Love the daytime festivals at the moment. Especially now that I have given up the party treats and will be doing it 'old school'. More of a feel good vibe at the day events....

We will most likely be there...will probably get tickets in a few weeks. They are sitting at $8 right now.

im bumping this shin dig back up to the top. Work gave me a free ticket =D Only been there two weeks lol! So we are going.

Anyone else??

I'll be there. But I must admit, this is my first 'big' party for a long time, so I'm a tad stressed about the possibility of sniffer dogs! :(

pekkie said:
Was this actually any good?

Hi pek! :)

Appears yes! My housemate went (not a bluelighter - thank god ;) ) and LOVED it and insomnia appears to have liked it as well, his MSN is "surprised how good stereosonic was" so I guess it was good! I came on here to check for events, my arm is getting better enough to where I'm going back out, well pubs/bars for now. Clubs... hmmm maybe.

Hope you're well :)

It was awesome :D Totally worth going. We were sober the whole day. Apart from the bars running out of bottled water and coke (the only non alco things they were selling) it was a good day. Oh they had smirnoff as an alternative :\ Very spread out and the number of stages (7 or o never left us wondering ewhat to do.)

Oh and for those that were at the hardware stage earlier on through the day when Matt Radovick was playing...all i have to say is...F*&K ALL YOU FLURO HOUSE SHIT!! f87KING TECHNO!!!!

=D

Highlites...

Matt and Sam
Tim Deluxe (way better than expected!)
Trentemoeller
Booka Shade
Stacey Pullen

Let downs...

Fedde Le Grand...i dont know what it was about him, but he just wasnt cranking out good beats. Was anyone else of the same opinion? Also what happened to the sound for the Pot Belleeze?? It was all muffled and horrible and we were only 50metres back if that!

Ahh excellent! One of my mates from work went and said it was good, but I thought you guys would probably be able to answer more honestly as he's a young 18 year old that has only been going out for a few months. :D

I'm pleased to hear Stacey Pullen can still crank out the tunes.

my arm is getting better enough to where I'm going back out, well pubs/bars for now. Clubs... hmmm maybe.
Good stuff! I'm doing alright, just busy for Christmas stuff. Hopefully will be quiet again in a few weeks. :)

pekkie said:
Ahh excellent! One of my mates from work went and said it was good, but I thought you guys would probably be able to answer more honestly as he's a young 18 year old that has only been going out for a few months. :D

I'm pleased to hear Stacey Pullen can still crank out the tunes.

Good stuff! I'm doing alright, just busy for Christmas stuff. Hopefully will be quiet again in a few weeks. :)

Stacey Pullen was amazing compared to comments that his last gig here was real shyte.. There were A LOT of youngens there but they were generally well behaved. I was talking to my personal trainer last night who also went. Hes the same age as me, 27 and he was of the same opinion. Everyone he spoke to after the gig had good comments and they were the sober ones. It was only the munted who had a whinge.

I think the area was a bit benefit to because of the space that was available. And now theres no pie in the sky restaurant it made a good spot for the hardware stage.