• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

i.v ativan pills

narutokun said:
when you cannot get anhydrous ethanol and distiled water, vodka is your best shot (wow lil pun there). jc how long have you been shooting pills? i'm curious about that and how is your health these days.
Not really - your "next best shot" is not to IV non-soluble benzo pills that are 99:1 filler:drug, especially when their sublingual bioavailabilities are almost 100%.

I am also not sure where you got the idea that anhydrous ethanol is safe to inject. It is not - it does direct damage to your veins, if by no other process, then simply by "drying" them through osmosis.

Still, it seems very dangerous to give someone in that situation benzos....

^that's why i said dilute the shots with the water
I've been shooting for almost 3 years now. Mostly Subutex, Morphine, Havlanes (Loprazolam/benzo), Coke and antihistamines......

My health is good now (well I just have no useable vein anymore; at least for the paramedicals, cause me, I can always find a little vein)

But I will tell you (and tell to the OP or any person who wants to get into shooting pills): during these years, I almost died several times, from severe septicemias, etc..., I nearly got amputated twice, from missed shots that made a necrosis and almost turned into gangrene.... I cannot even count how many times I was taken to the hospital for severe bad things happening because of missed shots....
And I don't talk about the "little" things that happen every few months like getting a small abscess on the side of the foot and not being able to walk for a few days.....
damn. when it comes to morphine pills i can get em' so cheap here 50x 30mg IR, it really is very hard not to think of shooting them.

MSIR are among the least harmful pills to inject, so long as you have proper filtration (micron filters).

As for diluting alcohol, in order to dissolve the drug AND the alcohol-soluble binders in a pill, you need a LOT of alcohol and therefore a LOT of water to dilute it, resulting in the need to use several syringes, which makes any potential "rush" non-existent - and that begs the question: why not simply take advantage of their perfect SL bioavailability? Remember, ampouls that use ethanol as solvent are doing so with pure drug, therefore needing the tiniest bit of ethanol. They are not dissolving pills, which have a HUGE ammount of ethanol-soluble fillers and binder.

jasoncrest said:
I nearly got amputated twice, from missed shots that made a necrosis and almost turned into gangrene.... I cannot even count how many times I was taken to the hospital for severe bad things happening because of missed shots....
And I don't talk about the "little" things that happen every few months like getting a small abscess on the side of the foot and not being able to walk for a few days.....

To anyone who is teetering on the brink of repeat/prolonged pill shooting - read the above quote and question whether or not your reward is worth the risk.

Jamshyd said:
MSIR are among the least harmful pills to inject, so long as you have proper filtration (micron filters).

As for diluting alcohol, in order to dissolve the drug AND the alcohol-soluble binders in a pill, you need a LOT of alcohol and therefore a LOT of water to dilute it, resulting in the need to use several syringes, which makes any potential "rush" non-existent - and that begs the question: why not simply take advantage of their perfect SL bioavailability? Remember, ampouls that use ethanol as solvent are doing so with pure drug, therefore needing the tiniest bit of ethanol. They are not dissolving pills, which have a HUGE ammount of ethanol-soluble fillers and binder.
I have to parcialy disagree. You can look up most benzodiazepine's ethanol solubility is significantly higher than water solubility. I think even with other many ethanol soluble components the pills have, you still get most of the benzo out. I don't understand what you mean by using many syringes, a 10mL rig will fit in 4mL of extracted ethanol benzo and 5mL of water to dilute in order not to burn the veins (leaving 1mL to pull back), which does the job just fine. I agree with the rest though, IV lorazepam doesn't sound like a worthwhile idea at all imo, too much work for not too much profit.

I agree with the rest though, IV pills doesn't sound like a worthwhile idea at all imo, too much risk for not too much profit.

Fixed.

narutokun said:
I have to parcialy disagree. You can look up most benzodiazepine's ethanol solubility is significantly higher than water solubility. I think even with other many ethanol soluble components the pills have, you still get most of the benzo out. I don't understand what you mean by using many syringes, a 10mL rig will fit in 4mL of extracted ethanol benzo and 5mL of water to dilute in order not to burn the veins (leaving 1mL to pull back), which does the job just fine. I agree with the rest though, IV lorazepam doesn't sound like a worthwhile idea at all imo, too much work for not too much profit.

What I mean is that in order to dilute the alcohol enough to minimize harm, you will need to use a LOT more water than you're using. You are not diluting it enough. I have once mistakenly taken a similar ratio of ethanol dilute of diazepam rectally. It burned like HELL. I cannot imagine what it would do to your veins. That was before I learnt that I can take it in milk and have it work almost in a rush.

The solutions in pharm. ampoules are probably no more than 0.5% ethanol.

Jamshyd said:
What I mean is that in order to dilute the alcohol enough to minimize harm, you will need to use a LOT more water than you're using. You are not diluting it enough. I have once mistakenly taken a similar ratio of ethanol dilute of diazepam rectally. It burned like HELL. I cannot imagine what it would do to your veins. That was before I learnt that I can take it in milk and have it work almost in a rush.

The solutions in pharm. ampoules are probably no more than 0.5% ethanol.
Pharm ampoules contains stupid amounts of chemicals which won't be suitable for abusers, because of the obvious tolerance. Besides, I never felt any burning on my veins from that kind of ratio. There's also the fact that I was using vodka. Which is 45% ethanol, and the rest water, so it did burn even less. I've heard of ppl that shoot diluted alcohol (really stupid if you ask me) and their veins aren't so bad. :|

Read this thread again. Vodka is not just Alcohol and Water. It is distilled potato juice, and I'd wager it would have traces of metals from the distillation vats.

Perhaps you're not feeling the burn because you're sort of, um, high?

No matter how much you rationalize, the fact that IV pills and vodka are LESS suitable for abuse than ampoules remains a fact.

^I totaly agree, I think no one is crazy enough to think the opposite. It's just that getting ampoules, and the low dosages in them is a burden.

^
Not all vodka is potato based. Just an fyi.

May I recommend Grey Goose for your IV pleasure, narutokun?

motley crue was main lining alcohal, and guess wat, they are still living, n rockin.

edited- pointless flame removed

Last edited by a moderator:
^lol don't blame him all those psychs he takes have broaden his perspectives and his not a common mortal anymore.

phrozen said:
^
Not all vodka is potato based. Just an fyi.

May I recommend Grey Goose for your IV pleasure, narutokun?
were you being sarcastic or do you really mean i should switch to that brand of vodka? :p

narutokun said:
I've heard of ppl that shoot diluted alcohol (really stupid if you ask me) and their veins aren't so bad. :|

"Hearing" about people and knowing what happens to veins that are exposed to alcohol are two different things.

Facts: Alcohol is an irritant and vesicant (upon extravasation). It cannot be administered through a peripheral iv without damage. There are situations where it must be administered iv (ethylene glycol toxicity and others), in those cases a central line must be placed. The EtOH must be diluted, which is why it gets put in a central vein. The amount of damage done will directly correlate with the amount injected and the concentration injected.

narutokun said:
were you being sarcastic or do you really mean i should switch to that brand of vodka? :p

Little bit of both. :D

If I were to shoot any type of vodka, it wouldn't be one of the 1.75L $10 cheapo vodkas. From my understanding, Grey Goose is filtered and distilled to higher standards. And it's a hell of a lot better to drink than the other cheaper vodkas.

If that actually makes a difference when you're iv'ing so little, I don't know. :shrugs: