• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

i.v ativan pills

maximumstrength

Bluelighter
what would you have to use to make it injectable since they are not very soluble in water?

Lab-grade polyethylene glycol and a micron filter would be a start. Do you have either of these?

you can find IM ampules of ativan, although i imagine they are hard to come by... i dont know about IV...

Please don't think of iv-ing any tablets. Oral taken, all benzodiazepines have
a high bioavailability (around 80 - 90 percent), sure there are some exceptions.
If you need to feel the lorazepam more quickly, just apply pills sublingual.

The BD that come as liquids (for injection or to be taken orally) are solved in
a mixture of water and alcohole derivatives to make the BD solve.

Taking crushed pills and prepare them to use iv (i guess is discussed more than
one time here and in other forums) is a very bad thing and any text that comes
titled as "harm reduction" in my opinion is useless. You would need a large
stock off pills and some chemical knowledge to extract the active substance in a
way that it would make sence.

But simply shooting up some pills isn't worth the risks. Believe me. The solvents
that you would need to make the lorazepam solve also will solve some of the
filling materials, too. BD tablets today are manufactured in a way that prevents
users to shoot them.

Shooting pills is extremely dangerous, but If you're already into shooting pills, and already shoot grams of starch, lactose, cellulose, etc... in your veins everyday, then shooting Lorazepam pills won't be worse than any other pill.

You need to add a few drops of Ethanol (or vodka) in your water for preparing the pills, that's it.
No heat, no more than 0,1ml Ethanol (~0,2ml vodka) for every 1ml water, and good filtering.

^ I really respect JC.

I would just like to emphasize that you read his ENTIRE post. Notice his warning at the beginning?

In any case, I do not think drug users should be playing with ethanol as solvent for IVing drugs. It simply is too risky.

The only IV ethanol you should be playing with is factory-made ampules.

starch, lactose, cellulose

As far as I know, shootin' lactose isn't that bad for you. Talc, starch, and cellulose is though.

Jamshyd said:
^ I really respect JC.

I would just like to emphasize that you read his ENTIRE post. Notice his warning at the beginning?

In any case, I do not think drug users should be playing with ethanol as solvent for IVing drugs. It simply is too risky.

The only IV ethanol you should be playing with is factory-made ampules.

I concur.

Jamshyd said:

I agree and would add that if you have to use ethanol, vodka is not the way to get it. There is more to vodka than ethanol and water. You want to minimize the harmful ingredients if you are shooting stuff into a vein.

phrozen said:
As far as I know, shootin' lactose isn't that bad for you. Talc, starch, and cellulose is though.

yea im scared to know how much lactose i have put in my veins over the last 4 years, and other stuff for that matter.

as everyone has said, shooting pills is bad for your body and can lead to complications later on if done repeatedly. ativan is actually pretty good IV'd tho, ive never shot pills of it before but i did get the chance to have a bottle of liquid ativan, i had fun with it. in any case, be careful if you do shoot them. ativan isnt a really strong benzo or anything, but ive always found it to be enjoyable.

hfrs said:
I agree and would add that if you have to use ethanol, vodka is not the way to get it. There is more to vodka than ethanol and water. You want to minimize the harmful ingredients if you are shooting stuff into a vein.
This is a very good point. Don't assume that vodka or everclear are safe to inject with....

xxanxxtwo said:
This is a very good point. Don't assume that vodka or everclear are safe to inject with....
Yeah... I really don't know when people got the idea that distilled fermented potato juice was fine to IV...

I had IV ativan in the hospital after I overdosed and it just made me go straight to sleep.

when you cannot get anhydrous ethanol and distiled water, vodka is your best shot (wow lil pun there). jc how long have you been shooting pills? i'm curious about that and how is your health these days.

narutokun said:
when you cannot get anhydrous ethanol and distiled water, vodka is your best shot (wow lil pun there).

Pharm grade ethanol is what I use, but for people who can't get it, there is the more risky option Everclear, and then the ever more risky option Vodka (which is much better than any other liquor: Rum, Whisky, Gin).

narutokun said:
jc how long have you been shooting pills? i'm curious about that and how is your health these days.

I've been shooting for almost 3 years now. Mostly Subutex, Morphine, Havlanes (Loprazolam/benzo), Coke and antihistamines......

My health is good now (well I just have no useable vein anymore; at least for the paramedicals, cause me, I can always find a little vein)

But I will tell you (and tell to the OP or any person who wants to get into shooting pills): during these years, I almost died several times, from severe septicemias, etc..., I nearly got amputated twice, from missed shots that made a necrosis and almost turned into gangrene.... I cannot even count how many times I was taken to the hospital for severe bad things happening because of missed shots....
And I don't talk about the "little" things that happen every few months like getting a small abscess on the side of the foot and not being able to walk for a few days.....

^they prolly gave him an antagonist which would induce WD, and if he was on methadone for a while let me tell you, it would have sucked balls. if that was indeed the case, he was on methadone maintenance, OD'd, and got a shot of narcan, it would be about as sick with WD as you can get. i can see the hospital giving a benzo after the fact to help ease the WD. i mean shit, if it was me i would have gone apeshit till i got something to calm me down. induced WD sucks bad.