• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
I hear people saying to remove the seeds from the pods before crushing and soaking the pods. The reason being the seeds just add extra unwanted alkaloids and offer no potency to the mixture. Then, I'm seeing threads that explain how to soak the seed for maximum potency for consumption. I'm also reading about kids dropping over from od'ing from these seeds.
Which is it? these seeds are potent or not?
I'm just wondering if seed swould be more cost affective than pods. And how many seeds would you have to buy to replace say, 50 pods?
Has anybody gone both ways with these seeds and pods and come up with a preference? I'm just gettin a little tired of processing pods every day. Just looking for an easier way I guess.

Yes, most people remove the seeds. One reason is so you can save them for emergency seed tea. Although seeds from pods aren't as potent as store bought seeds because the poppy pods we buy aren't lanced like the seeds from pods that we buy at the store.

This is what i read somewhere on line and have heard from many people. But, you still can save them and 1) keep saving them until you have a shit load of them and make some tea to get you well (not high) or 2) save them and mix with some store bought seeds to make them even stronger (But not by much).

There are other reasons as well. Personally i don't like seeds in my poppy pod grounds.

RPG

^ Yeah. The seeds do have nasty fatty alkaloids that can make you nauseous, the seeds also have some opium alkaloids on the outside of them, but the majority of it is in the pods. You can save the seeds and try seed tea later. You make seed tea by soaking the seeds in warm water for a short while, you make pod tea by using hotter water either on the stove or you can use a coffee maker. Just make sure to use hot water to extract the morphine. Cold water will mostly only get the codeine out. I'm going to merge this with the ultimate poppy pod thread.

Just went down to the shops and had a look at all the poppy seed brands in the supermarkets. Most just say poppy seeds; about half are Australian and half imported.

However I noticed on one of the brands, it specifies Papaver rhoeas seeds which are the seeds of the common Corn poppy and hence do not contain morphine etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_rhoeas

Anyway so I bought 250gm of a different brand, making up some tea now. Will report back later. Hope I got Papaver somniferum seeds!

How stupid do you have to be to email a vendor and basically ask them to admit to a crime? Of course they will deny they are selling P.somniferum pods, you bet your ass I would!

Look I don't know why so many people are so damn nervous and worried about ordering pods, whether its fear of getting another kind of pod or pods coated in paint or chemicals when everyone else is getting their pods fine I don't get it.

Look do you really think there is that brisk a business in selling dry florals? Do you think a vendor could keep afloat selling only one kind of dried floral if it was not psychoactive? Do you think there would be many repeat customers in the feedback if it was not opium poppy pods?

I have ordered from many vendors, and not once have I ever received anything other then opium poppy pods, and they have never been painted or treated.
These vendors know what they are selling, they know what their customers are buying their product for. Selling other kinds of pods or painting their pods or spraying them with chemicals would very shortly DESTROY their business period.

Can we put a rest to this horseshit please? This is a grey market item so a little common sense is required, or does anyone expect a GCMS sheet with your order specifying alkaloid content too?

cire113 said:
The yeild to get oipum from scraping is so dam low its not even worth it unless you have over 100 pods........ It takes like hundreds of pods to get a couple of grams of opium..........

I just make the tea it is easier and less taxing

I have hundreds.

I milk until they stop producing.

then use the pods for tea.

maximum yield possible, my friend.

btw i get maybe a couple grammes from less than 100,
maybe you just don't understand how to do it properly.

artaxerxes said:
How long would you recommend drying the latex before consuming?

8-20 hours is ideal.
(I normally go for between 10-18h. above 20 begins to go too solid.
below 8, can be too runny- spesh cuz i live in england, can get some pretty cold weather this time of year.)

If it is sunny, 5-6 may suffice, but you will find some undried O in there.
it will dry out quite quickly, once scraped off.

blau1005 said:
Just went down to the shops and had a look at all the poppy seed brands in the supermarkets. Most just say poppy seeds; about half are Australian and half imported.

However I noticed on one of the brands, it specifies Papaver rhoeas seeds which are the seeds of the common Corn poppy and hence do not contain morphine etc. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Papaver_rhoeas

Anyway so I bought 250gm of a different brand, making up some tea now. Will report back later. Hope I got Papaver somniferum seeds!

On the grounds of both harm reduction, and preventing you from wasting your time,
I recommend not to use Poppy seed tea.
There is no possible way to gauge the alkaloid content.

Either plant somnis and make opium/use for tea,
or buy dried pods.

dirty ernie said:
I hear people saying to remove the seeds from the pods before crushing and soaking the pods. The reason being the seeds just add extra unwanted alkaloids and offer no potency to the mixture. Then, I'm seeing threads that explain how to soak the seed for maximum potency for consumption. I'm also reading about kids dropping over from od'ing from these seeds.
Which is it? these seeds are potent or not?
I'm just wondering if seed swould be more cost affective than pods. And how many seeds would you have to buy to replace say, 50 pods?
Has anybody gone both ways with these seeds and pods and come up with a preference? I'm just gettin a little tired of processing pods every day. Just looking for an easier way I guess.

seed tea sucks arse,

see above post.

Seed tea doesn't suck ass. Look, i have a very high Fent and oxy tolerance and i can still feel seed tea, all be it, not as well as i did prior to starting oxy and fent and pods.

I used to only take tramadol and i was addicted to it for 3 years. I than learned about poppy seed tea, made some and it knocked me off my ass. But, i had a low opiate tolerance at the time BUT i still can feel seed tea even at my current tolerance but i don't feel it as much as i used to.

Also... when i haven't had fent, oxy or pods for a while and i make seed tea, it gets me higher than fuck.

If you have a low opiate tolerance than seeds should get you nice and high.

Just because it doesn't work for YOU for what ever reason, doesn't mean it sucks. I use it when i have nothing else and it's saved my ass quite a few times. If it sucked, i wouldn't go spend 30-40 bucks on a shit load of seeds to get high when i have nothing else.

RPG

What's this about seeds from a pod being useless due to lancing? Or something like that, anyway RPG I think you brought it up before.

I've tried making seed tea bunch of times using a whole lot of seeds and felt absolutely nothing. These were seeds I had taken straight from dried pods, so I assumed they should be even better than from the store. But this is not the case?

The_Idler said:
On the grounds of both harm reduction, and preventing you from wasting your time,
I recommend not to use Poppy seed tea.
There is no possible way to gauge the alkaloid content.

Either plant somnis and make opium/use for tea,
or buy dried pods.

I can't find anywhere that sells dried pods in Australia, and I'm not going to plant poppies, so that's why I'm using seeds.

Also, I know there's no way to gauge the content of the seeds, but how can you do this for pods? Show me the evidence that says all pods contain a similar amount of active ingredients, including those at both ends of the seed strength spectrum.

I can't see how, without objective evidence, one can expect that part of the poppy plant remains relatively stable in active content, regardless of origin, growing conditions etc, while simultaneously knowing that another part (the seeds) differ by a huge amount in active content.

well the seeds contain no alkaloids, whereas the rest of pod is producing opium all the time.

so pods contain an amount, generally within reasonable limits,
usually similar within the same batch, good idea to crush them all at once, homogenize, then assess how many tsp/grammes you need.

however, any alkaloids found on the seeds have come from damaged internal pod membranes,
allowing the opium to seep out onto the seeds.
if this hasn't happened, there are NO alkaloids on the seeds.
likewise, if every pod got bruised, the seeds will have LOTS of alkaloids on them.

so, with opium, the range is generally similar 8-12% morph.
with pods, can vary (as mass of opium) sometimes as much as twice itself.
(that is, one batch may need 10, the next, 20)
with seeds, the alkaloid content can be anything from 0% - ???

So, that is why seeds suck.

morphine definitely doesn't suck,
and you get that on some seeds.

sometimes.

sometimes you get NOTHING

sometimes you get HIGH

sometimes you get TOO MUCH

with no way of even guessing what the likely dose will be,
unlike the producing parts of the plant,
and the product, itself.

^
OK. I guess this is why its said that you only need to wash the outside of the seeds, this makes sense if they don't contain any active ingredients themselves.

The homogenisation idea sounds pretty smart, especially if you're buying online in large quantities. Guess I'll just have to look harder around local retailers.

Is anyone aware of the legal status of pods in Australia?

NEED INFO ON RESULTS OF CALCIUM CARBONATE ADDITION

PLZ

:)

p.s. CAPS LOCK IS CRUISE CONTROL FOR COOL

^
dude why are you asking the same question over and over again? I already asnwered these ones

Anyone ever eat their poppy tea mash? My friend just ate a fistfull of the stuff in his oatmeal ~ will let everyone know how it goes...

^
If you are going to eat it don't make tea out of it first kinda defeats the purpose sure there will be some left over alkaloids but too little to do somethintg as disgusting as eating the left overs

Thats pretty much what I told him, but he likes to do strange things like that.
It apparently gave him a mellow buzz, but it had been used for several batches of tea.

So is eating the poppy material instead of brewing it up the most effective means of ingesting that stuff? Regardless of taste...

Status
Not open for further replies.