• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yesterday's brew's lingered pleasantly, slowing me down a little after wild dreams.

I'm glad but sorry I only had enough for one day's drinking - not sure I could have resisted if I had any left today.

Swallowed a fair few pod grounds after brewing in a French Press - wonder if that accounts for my current, slightly dazed state?

Ain't complaining.

jus doing a recap on the puddy i made...!!! damn this shit is pleasant as fuck!!! my method was (since i had no access to everclear illegal in the state im in.) i got some gin, ground up like 9 pods into a good decent powder and put the stuff into the gin until the gin turned into a dark brown color. took about 4 daysor longer,shook occasionally. when i was done, emptyed the gin first into pot, but then after a while would be easier to just stick in oven with pyrex dish on low temp. (lowest temp) and took a long time 7-8-9 hours or so for it to finish. took outta oven and stirred ocassionaly. when it was done i was left with a browish goo substace and even noticed like sparkly crystals in it (possible morphine or somethin i dunno but very small sparkly things were in the goo) tryed doing some knife hits, but very harsh tasting and didnt get me very high at all,but could def feel something. i decided to just eat the puddy, 2 hours later i was flyin high, the only downside i would say of poppy pod putty, is it keeps you awake thanks to theabaine. but i have a really pleasent feeling right now even better than with poppy tea and saves the trouble of having to gulp down all that stuff. and i figure none of the plant material was wasted as it all disolved into the alcohol. this method f-ing rocks... umm im passin out now nite everyone.

Posting this because the general consensus seems to be 'anti-boil'.

After my last my last time with giganteums (8 pods + near-boiling water - microwaved on high for 40 minutes and left to sit for 5 hours (puked next day, twice), I was a little apprehensive.

I went for 5 giganteums, placed in a saucepan of boiling water and reduced to a simmer for 20 minutes. Ok - I got a little high but needed a repeart perormance.

Shortly after, I took 5 more pods and combined the previously crushed (totally not ground) pods from before in the saucepan.

Very mellow, passed out whilst masturbating - partially thanks to 40-50mg vaium.

So-so. Recollection the following day was blurredl

second650 said:
dude im totally against sticking anything in my ass! some of u guys are trippin hard for real. i ended up just making tea but on the real next weekend i will definitely eat them damn pods!

HAHAHAHAHAHA, I know right? That was my exact reaction- its PPT, rectal admin seems like a bit of a stretch.

cold tea

Anyone ever steep their grounds in cold water? It works just as good as hot for me, and the high feels cleaner, doesn't taste as bad either. I usually let it steep overnight though.

Sweet I had no idea this thread existed. I have a question for ya'll:

I ordered "Blue Organic Poppy Seeds", kosher and I assume because they are organic they are unwashed. Does the fact that they are blue have anything to do with the alkaloid content? Should these be just as good or, as I would assume, more potent than the normal because they come from a specialty store and are organic?

man hopefully they are unwashed ^^
i think if they say non irradiated on the package it means unwashed.

On the use of anti-histamine potentiators - how much does it matter when you take them?

Last edited:
what do yuou guys do with your stems? I am boiling up about 30 ground up stems right now but I havent read much about how strong they are.

I persannaly have a bunch of stems that im saving for a rainy day when withdrawls hit or i run outta pods, :) its sure nice to have some on hand, i got an insanely good deal on some pods, someone was cleanin out, and i got some more on the way hopefully been a week and they havent arrived :p

When codeine is ingested it must first be converted into morphine inside the body before it has any "positive effects"...For the conversion to take place the CYP-450 enzyme must be present so inhibiting it would lead to lower conversion and thus lower "positive effects"...I would assume this also holds true for Poppy tea since the solubility of morphine in water is low and codeine is very soluble it would be safe to assume the tea is mostly codeine unless a form of calcium is added.

Curule said:
When codeine is ingested it must first be converted into morphine inside the body before it has any "positive effects"...For the conversion to take place the CYP-450 enzyme must be present so inhibiting it would lead to lower conversion and thus lower "positive effects"...I would assume this also holds true for Poppy tea since the solubility of morphine in water is low and codeine is very soluble it would be safe to assume the tea is mostly codeine unless a form of calcium is added.

I know about the calcium thing but how much should i add? any suggestions? peace

psilocybin420 said:
I know about the calcium thing but how much should i add? any suggestions? peace

A gram or two of calcium hydroxide works

Hey jykke,

I am not saying you are wrong while you could be insanely right and im missing out,but what about poppy seed tea. doesnt that alone *Prove* the soluability of the alkoid morphine in water? if not, why would someone have overdosed on PST and had 550 plus mgs of morphine in his system? -- and yesterday, i know it was a stronger buzz than codiene cuz i done codiene sulphate or somethin like that and i was much higher. but alas i have taken your advice and going to give the calcium thing a try :O) thanks for the info.

smackem said:
pods make you constipated enough WITHOUT eating the grounds. Eating the grounds is litterally like shitting a football with stickers on it. Or maybe a pineapple. You really can feel the little peice of dried plant scrap agaisnt you as you go to the bathroom.

haha this is soooo fucking true :O) lately taking a shit hurts like a mofo but im geting used to it.

Two simple questions:

1. Does adding calcium carbonate to the mix really effect it's potency? Going to try it.

2. French press is the preferred method here. Will using a sock , cheese cloth, etc to squeeze the last bit out of the steeped powder make a large difference, or am I just getting another ounce of the same potency liquid?

dankoni said:
Two simple questions:

1. Does adding calcium carbonate to the mix really effect it's potency? Going to try it.

2. French press is the preferred method here. Will using a sock , cheese cloth, etc to squeeze the last bit out of the steeped powder make a large difference, or am I just getting another ounce of the same potency liquid?

2. if you mash it up and down a bit with the plunger on your cafetiere first,
the remaining liquid is pretty much worth nothing.

EHH! I don't get it, I do the preperation like others have and it doesn't work! Add heat or don't.... grrr why did it work for others?
I'm afraid that it will make me throw up even if I don't eat the plant material. I took morphine in pill form once and I got sick. Tramadol makes me sick now... jeez why is it so hard to get a good opiate high?

Status
Not open for further replies.