• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Theodore, I said opium alkaloids. As far as injecting opium, I don't understand why it's considered dangerous. What's the difference between opium and black tar heroin?

Opium is full of organic plant matter.

If you inject foreign organic matter into your body, you will go into asphliaxiatic (sic!) shock. This is because as foreign organic matter goes into your blood, your antibodies, or immune system, will go into overdrive trying to destroy it. This is the cause of fevers and many sicknesses - when you're immune system is in overdrive you get extremely sick, possibly to the point of death.

Black tar heroin is okay because there is no organic plant matter in it, or very little at all.

For the same reasons, many people reject transplanted organs and donated blood because their immune system rejects them. This is also why when you get an infection and it gets very serious, you may be hospitalized. It is also why you will kill yourself if you inject orange juice, dangerous bacteria, or marijuana.

as long as they're really dry, they shouldn't ever mold.

As long as they don't mold, they'll be good indefinitely.

To verify, is growing such plants legal in the U.S.? If so, maybe it's time I start my garden ;)... for the seeds of course. I love me some poppy seeds.

yellodolphin said:
when i eat the ground pods, i just place under my tounge- then have a sip of my fruit juice and swallow. the sweetness of the juice masks the bitterness for myself

oh ya and when i am desperate i just eat the damn pod. I get to pick up my pods since my seller lives in the same city. When i order too late and am sick getting them, i HAVE to eat them on the bus. i just cant sit there holding the pods- 2.5 hour ride home. anyways

SO i just break each pod open and munch on them like chips lol. people look at me like wtf is he eating but i dont care. so if you see a guy on the bus munching on his pods say hi lol
LMAO!:D That just made me spit my food out. Hilarious!

I believe they're schedules in the US, but not wholly enforced. In the UK they're completely legal to grow.

So, anyway, I went out this morning and plenty of them were ripe. I've got about five here, following the recommended beginner's dosage, and am slowly eating them up. I'll post a trip report when today's over to tell you all how it went. Busy day today too, I just hope I don't dilate too much.

i believe they are illegal in the us but people still grow them for decoration. thats why we get our opium from turkey Afghanistan and such but idk if its opium we get or just morphine and codeine but im pretty sure we get opium too as there is a med called tincture of opium.

Was it alright me making the thread, or should I have asked it in her first?

You should have asked in here first, but don't worry too much about it; you'll know for next time.

The mega-threads and OD Directory stickies are good links to check out if you want to make sure there isn't already threads around with your question in it or related to the topic.

Thank you Mr. Blonde. I'm going to lie down now though. You take care.

wungchow said:
^^if you know what you're doing you can probably get more opium with less pods. I was using a pocketknife, scoring vertically, and I only got a miniscule amount of opium from each pod. It took scoring about 50 pods to get less than half a gram.

Some guy had almost exactly same experience with 50 "fresh" small pods he received -- except only a bit over half were at their prime. He slit those vertically with paring knife. Ended up with less than g of O, but doesn't have scale measuring less than g's. Very small amount. Only one or two cuts of each pod yielded anything (don't know if this is normal - according to harvesting reports, in Vietnam, and other eastern areas, they use three-pronged tool). The rest were soft whiteish, and oozed nada.

Out of curiosity, I'm wondering:

Are the ones that are scored - still good for anything?

Are the soft ones, which have now been cut & frozen good for tea? or better for eating?

Of the bit of O gathered is it best he eat "as is"?

Sorry for load of questions.:\

Last edited:
I just did a 7 month "binge" taking pods every single day. I quit a week ago because it just ended up costing too much money. I've experimented with different ways to take it. The best one IMO is grinding the pods to a very fine powder, mixing them with some water and chugging down the disgusting mess...powder and all. I don't know that many people can stomach this...I have an incredibly strong stomach and almost puked a few times. If you can keep it down, you will get about twice as high as you would from making tea out of the same amount of pods. The first time I did it, I was fucked HARD. I scaled back the dose and it worked fine.

To anyone thinking about pods...it's certainly just as hardcore as things like heroin or oxy. It will get you very addicted. The withdrawal seems to have more of a depression element than other opiates. Oxy withdrawal made me cold and achey. Poppy withdrawal made me feel like life was hopeless. Bad shit. Pretty intense RLS too.

Has anyone actually nodded of poppy sea tea before I got buy another redicoulty amount. got pods on the way. but Im fiending.

is it even possible to nod of PST? any experiences

diche said:
Has anyone actually nodded of poppy sea tea before I got buy another redicoulty amount. got pods on the way. but Im fiending.

if there ar enough alkoids(sp?) in it, sure.

diche said:

Yes, I have many times.

ok, listen up guyys-
ima write a bit about harvesting from live opium plants.
i have done this thousands of times.

Scoring:
The amount of opium obtained will depend on these things:
CLIMATE - depending on the growing conditions, they will be bountiful, or bare. fresh rain while budding up, then strong sunshine when flowering is best.
MATURITY - when the crown atop the pod is flat out, the pods can be harvested. most potent opium is obtained, when the crowns are curling upwards. eventually the pod overripens, and will produce no more opium. then, the opium inside will not ooze out. it will dry, inside the pod.
WEATHER - as you cut the pods, and the opium oozes out, if the sun is too strong, and the air dry, the opium will dry very quickly, blocking the cut, and stemming the flow. England produces the best situation: the sun is strong, so the opium does dry, but the air is not too hot and dry, so the opium is still soft, allowing more to push out slowly, and meaning your O does not CRUST onto the pod, which sucks arse, because it all flicks away when you scrape it.

Now, the method:
multiple harvests are possible, to a degree, dependant upon the growing conditions.
i begin to harvest when the crown is flat, leaving 3-4days before scoring the same pod again, repeating until no more opium flows.
to begin, use a pin.
take some pliers and bend the tip, 1mm of it, perpendicular to the shaft.
this will allow you to make even scores.
it is easy to fuck up with a razor blade.
The scores should be around 1mm in depth.
They must breach the surface, enough that opium oozes out,
but not so much that they penetrate the entire outside layer.
If the cut is too deep, i.e. the inner chamber is pierced,
opium will be lost to the internal cavity of the pod, and pressure will not force much opium onto the surface.
This sucks arse, is inefficient and makes you look like an amateur.
practice with razor blades on tiny pods, or exhausted pods.
it is good to master the blade.
the blade produces (as anyone who has done time in one of the nastier institutions will know) a very clean cut, which takes long to heal.
This allows more opium to flow out, before the slit clogs up.
Plus, it makes you look like a pro.
Paperclip, one guy told me.
moron. his pods looked like they'd been massacred by a mad lumberjack.

in my climate, 3 slits is generally ideal.
too few, and less opium will be able to escape.
too many, and the lack of pressure will produce tiny beads of opium, which will dry quickly and hard, sealing the cut, and proving difficult to harvest.
THREE SLICES,
DIAGONALLY, TOP TO BOTTOM,
APPROX. 5mm APART.
hint:
i go, top-left, to bottom right, across (and round, and down) the pod.
it is a LONG cut, be careful.
the direction is ideal for harvest, the opposite sweep, back up.
slit in the direction you find easiest to harvest.
if the pods are eye level, slit horizontally,
when you harvest, you will scrape the edge of the blade forwards, along the scores.
moving perpendicularly to the direction of the scores.
this is important, if you attempt to scrape, with the razor aligned parallel to the scores, it will catch in the groove, snag, flick and send your flake opium flying away.
This sucks, and you look like an amateur.

Harvesting:
Leave your scored pods for between 8-24 hours, before returning,
depending on the weather.
regardless, any time, any weather will be "okay" (save immediate torrential rain),
but there are ideals.
if it is intensely hot, 6-8hours should be ok. longer will dry it out too much, and it will "flick" and be difficult to harvest.
if it is damp, if it rains, or if it is cool, leave for longer.
The ideal time is when the Opium is light brown all through, firm, but soft;
not runny.
Intuitive estimates will come from experience.
Some intelligence is required.

Technique; as said previously, scrape a blade in the opposite direction to when you scored it, back along the scores (upwards),
with the blade perpendicular to the scores (and, so, to the direction of motion).
push gently onto the pod, so as to not pull off the O, but to push it upwards, letting it stick onto your blade.
it's easy when you do it right.
i find a 10 rouble note to be good to store it in (waxy layer to scrape from),
but there will be better surfaces.
Others i have used have been greaseproof sweet- wraps.

finally:
pods that do not produce any opium when sliced, or those that have been exhausted, may be sliced completely free, to be used in a tea.
This is the best use for those pods, which you may have unfortunately have cut "too deep".

Take heed of my wisdom, and you shall surely {get real fucking high} in a most dignified and efficient manner.
please, feel free to present one of any of your inevitable questions, to propose any hypothesis, or to dither along any discourse, which may, subsequently, occur to you.
My (now) Sangria-soaked brain is for your pickings.

Oh yeah and don't use poppy seed tea.
good luck.

diche, dried poppy pod flesh contains just as much morphine and codeine as opium, on a pod by pod basis. (not based on dry weight of pods vs. opium)

You can nod off of pod tea every bit as well as you can from pure heroin.

The_Idler said:
ok, listen up guyys-
ima write a bit about harvesting from live opium plants.

pods that do not produce any opium when sliced, or those that have been exhausted, may be sliced completely free, to be used in a tea.
This is the best use for those pods, which you may have unfortunately have cut "too deep".

Would this also work for pods that arrived (talking about those not homegrown, but shipped) too old to produce liquid (texture being white & rubbery)?

Also, is it true that they should frozen before grinding for tea?

thx for all the info

Status
Not open for further replies.