• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
^
Yes if it hasn't been used to make tea it isn't a stupid thing to do , especially with fresh pods it works really well.

you will need only half your dose and it will last at the least 2x as long the effect is different though a bit like methadone ., it's more stimulating and less sedating than pod tea

First of all, I wanted to tell you all how glad I am to have stumbled upon Bluelight & this thread, simultaneously. At some time I'll tell you a story, that will expound on that, but for now, I have what I hope will be a fairly quick question.

Take a girl, who's been doing Opiates (Hydryo, H, Meth) for around 20 years. She weighs about 125. Right now she has some prescription Oxy-Con for her back, but 80mg don't seem to do much. She has read a good number of the pages of this thread, and gleaned the following: use a coffee grinder, a french press, almost boiling water, add calcium carbonate, steep for 20 min. & pour. Since she possess all items, she tried 6 large pods upon delivery, but felt something rather like nothing (except a nasty taste, even when mixed with tea & sugar). How many large pods would a long-time user recommend? Any other recommendations?

Many thanks for your help (and apologies for any redundancy of other postings).

Last edited:
RoxiPoppyGirl said:
Just because it doesn't work for YOU for what ever reason, doesn't mean it sucks. I use it when i have nothing else and it's saved my ass quite a few times. If it sucked, i wouldn't go spend 30-40 bucks on a shit load of seeds to get high when i have nothing else.

RPG

Pods > Seeds... get that out of the way first.

Why are you paying $30-$40 on seeds? Are you getting them in bottles at the grocery store? You know you can get them at farmer's markets and the like for about $2-$4 per pound?

BingeBoy said:
^
Yes if it hasn't been used to make tea it isn't a stupid thing to do , especially with fresh pods it works really well.

you will need only half your dose and it will last at the least 2x as long the effect is different though a bit like methadone ., it's more stimulating and less sedating than pod tea
What exactly do you mean here BB? Making tea AND consuming the grounds? Or just consuming the grounds? Can you expound on this BB?

Dezyna, unfortunately, it's impossible to answer your question without knowing exactly which pods you have ingested. I too have a tolerance and I usually use 9-10 pods. YMMV, of course.

Tolerance builds really quickly with pods IME, so I think it's best to rotate pod use with the use of different opiates. There are some very knowledgeable people on BL who will be able to tell you why this is, but I do know that pods contain a wide range of opiates and I would guess that that has something to do with building tolerance so quickly. IME tolerance builds as quickly as that of OC so that may be of use to you.

If you can afford it, titrate up from 8 or 9 pods and see what happens. I wouldn't go crazy and use 20 pods or anything because I've found (apart from the risk of OD) that doing too many pods produces a very unpleasant high (huge body load, sweating, nausea, severe headache).

ah^
I think i experienced that recently ~ ive been taking opiates for almost a year regularly, never more than a few norcos, a couple methadone, or a half of an oxy at a time, but usually every few hours.
The poppy tea has always seemed so subdued and never did much for me except postpone the hurt (which actually is a very good thing).
So I tried stronger tea, in a greater quantity, hoping for some euphoria or itchies or something!
But I just got tired with stomach cramps, dizziness, headaches, etc.

brainslookfunny said:
^ Man I dunno anything that will help the nausea aside from lying down, and maybe eating a piece of bread or something to soak up the liquid.

Last week I was guzzling tea a little too fast, and I puked a bunch of it into the cup I had just drank out of. My stomach was empty at the time, so it was all tea and stomach gunk in the cup... bottoms up!
oh god...ewwwww. LOLOLOLOL

Tried 8 yesterday. However while waiting for steep, did a wash on some remaining cottons. Left the tea for a few hours, and came back to drink it later. Resulted in similar sort of nothing. Ended up spending most of day in bed with bone pain, despite Oxy (with little experience with this, not sure of correct dose here either.

Finally feeling sort of decent today, found surprise hidden balloon, while waiting for steep of last 12 pods (planning to drink slowly), and did that instead. It ended up steeping for almost 2 hrs. and now there's a cup of cold tea, mixed with apple juice (thanks to Roxi), to be sipped on.

Not knowing age & experience of those who are raving about it, makes it difficult to know if it will ever be satisfying. i.e. get no kicks from Vico, 4's, or even the Oxy. Never ran across Fent. Maybe another pod variety should tried (Arizona was used). Just read that Taz is loaded with thebaine. Or maybe Turk.

Not sure how many $'s (of already depleted accounts) should be spent on this experiment. Am also afraid of headaches/nausea.

About varying with other opiates, don't know of many others available. This is all in attempt to finally stop doing push-ups and punching holes. It never overtook most other parts of life, i.e. many other priorities, and don't want to start spending major hours on this either. Or becoming a major bore.:\

Forgot to thank artaxerxes for quick reply

My reply was basically to your post.

dezyna said:
Tried 8 yesterday. However while waiting for steep, did a wash on some remaining cottons. Left the tea for a few hours, and came back to drink it later. Resulted in similar sort of nothing. Ended up spending most of day in bed with bone pain, despite Oxy (with little experience with this, not sure of correct dose here either.

Finally feeling sort of decent today, found surprise hidden balloon, while waiting for steep of last 12 pods (planning to drink slowly), and did that instead. It ended up steeping for almost 2 hrs. and now there's a cup of cold tea, mixed with apple juice (thanks to Roxi), to be sipped on.

Not knowing age & experience of those who are raving about it, makes it difficult to know if it will ever be satisfying. i.e. get no kicks from Vico, 4's, or even the Oxy. Never ran across Fent. Maybe another pod variety should tried (Arizona was used). Just read that Taz is loaded with thebaine. Or maybe Turk.

Not sure how many $'s (of already depleted accounts) should be spent on this experiment. Am also afraid of headaches/nausea.

About varying with other opiates, don't know of many others available. This is all in attempt to finally stop doing push-ups and punching holes. It never overtook most other parts of life, i.e. many other priorities, and don't want to start spending major hours on this either. Or becoming a major bore.:\

Don't give up! I'm pretty sure the trick is finding the right kinds...and unfortunately I can't help you with that. My experience with pods is from a friend ordered several hundred online and ended up giving a ton away. The first time I only did 4 and got pretty damn rocked off of it.

so i'm going to try my first tea every tonight. i've done 20mg of opana last week. and thought it was kind of weak. i was high, talkative, feeling happy, euphoric. but didn't nod like i've seen a friend nod from the same amount. i've done a couple of opiates. one time i did 14 2mg suboxone. so it's safe to say i have somewhat of a med/intermediate tolerance. so put 4 pods into a coffee grinder. put about 12oz. of water in a kettle and turned the heat on for about 3 mins. turned it off, let it sit there for about 5 mins. i just put the powder in. it was extremely fine. but much better then when i tried just crushing it in one of those garlic wooden crushers. so i'm letting them just sit there in the hot water. gonna let it sit there for 20 mins. then i'm going to turn the heat on again for 5 mins. stir it all occasionally. then let it sit for about 10 mins and then will consume. will let everyone know of the results. i think i might need more, but whatever. i'll start at 4. i have 6 pods left.

oh crap. when i lit the stove on again at the 2nd time heating it. it kinda bubbled a little bit. it was on for 7 mins on extremely low. and it prolly bubbled for like 2 mins. i hope it didn't damage it much. now i'm gonna let it sit there for about 15 mins, then drink it. i also added some lime when i was re-heating the water with the grounds.

hehe lime, gross

pinch nose, chug and breathe only through your mouth for a few minutes
even works for getting down extremely strong / bitter tea ughh

BingeBoy said:
^
I find the bes way for dried pods is too hard boil them for a few minutes , then steep 30 minutes
i guess that might answer my previous concern.

GreenMachine said:
Don't give up! I'm pretty sure the trick is finding the right kinds...and unfortunately I can't help you with that. My experience with pods is from a friend ordered several hundred online and ended up giving a ton away. The first time I only did 4 and got pretty damn rocked off of it.

Even when you find a good source, the variation between batches is huge.

I tried some giganteums from my current supplier a few months ago and thought they were good but not incredible. A few days ago, I got another batch...

(between the first time I tried giganteums and now, I'd used mediums/large/jumbo pods)

The latest batch was incredible. I had my doubts because they looked like freaks of nature size-wise in comparison to prior so-called giants. They were the hardest pods I've ever encountered and just breaking them into small enough pieces to fit in the grinder was hard.

Long story short - two giganteums equalled a helluva tea, about the same buzz I'd get from 12 large pods. I was so chilled + had to clean a house for visitors that I resorted to popping dexedrine after dexedrine tablet and I cleaned for 7 hours, stopping for about a minute to fill a pint glass and drink it, refill and drink it (in the space of about 15 seconds) before continuing. :)

^sounds good spellman. i however didn't have such a good experience. i felt it. it was alright but too mild for me. i wanted to be nodding and everything. i did a tea with 4 pods. and then about 2 and 1/2 hrs i did another tea with 6 pods. i'm still feeling it. but i'm tired too. this was my first time doing it but i think what messed it up too was doing some opana 4 days ago. i need to find a new supplier

SpellmanT7 said:
(between the first time I tried giganteums and now, I'd used mediums/large/jumbo pods)

The latest batch was incredible. I had my doubts because they looked like freaks of nature size-wise in comparison to prior so-called giants.

Do you (or anyone) know anything about the dif between giganteum, turk & taz, or those that don't seem to have specific variety noted at all?

Or do you really think they all simply depend on the batch, and all can be equal, at different times?

^
all can be different but i have the feeling that gigantemums are usually stronger than other kind of pods for the same amount of material weight wise

but yes it can vary a lot for any of them

oh and wild poppies or home-grown are always a lot more potent than bought poppies in my experience this goes especially for the fresh ones and if you though there is a lot of variation in potency for store bought poppies try fresh outdoor poppies (sometimes the latex is pink instead of white and it will be from a plant standing a foor further away weird , oh and the pods that bleed purple are the strongest i ever had)

Status
Not open for further replies.