• Select Your Topic Then Scroll Down
    Alcohol Bupe Benzos
    Cocaine Heroin Opioids
    RCs Stimulants Misc
    Harm Reduction All Topics Gabapentinoids
    Tired of your habit? Struggling to cope?
    Want to regain control or get sober?
    Visit our Recovery Support Forums

Mega Merged: Ultimate poppy pod/seed tea thread (getting the most out of your pods)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just a quick question about the typical tea brew via poppies (sorry if it has been asked/answered in another thread):

How well will it keep? How long would you say it can stay at room temperature and/or refrigerated until it will begin to deteriorate significantly in quality?

^
in my experience 1 night unrefrigerated

maybe 2-3 refrigerated try to get all the air out or even better put it in the freezer

hxcxor said:
Just a quick question about the typical tea brew via poppies (sorry if it has been asked/answered in another thread):

How well will it keep? How long would you say it can stay at room temperature and/or refrigerated until it will begin to deteriorate significantly in quality?

a few hours.

could last the night in the fridge,

so you can prep it all up the night before, to have it in the morning,
thatd be ok.

Sounds good guys, thanks for the responses. Just curious if I could get a good chunk of prep-work done so all that's left to do is consume. :)

Originally Posted by hxcxor

I've made tea on a friday and taken it camping, it lasted all weekend unrefrigerated just fine. I even drank the last of it when I got home on monday and it was still good. Keeping it in the fridge I would expect it to last up to a week if not more.

^
it might go bad if the weather is hot a weekend seems to stretch it a bit

hey i just came up with this idea to make pod tea hit you even faster , if you use the cold water extraction use carbonated water to make your tea. I'm going to try it tommorow

^ Yeah it wasn't hot anytime... that tea was probably kept at 75 degrees at the most. It might have even been going bad and I just didn't realize it, who knows. All I know is I didn't puke my guts up and it got me loaded ;)

Be sure to let us know how that carbonation thing works out. I love carbonated drinks, carbonated tea seems like it would only be an improvement.

Ok thanks for the info. I have the basics down for making it. The color seems to be consistent with how it should look. Brown tea color. But the taste isn't bad at all. And I'm kind of sensitive to the way things taste. There is some taste to it, but it's not bad at all. So maybe the pods aren't potent? I'm drinking it straight with no problem.

Also, Is adding lemon juice or anything else really worth it? And if so, how much would be good to start at? I've been told that adding DXM to the mix also helps, but I'm not sure about that. I'd imagine taking it beforehand could help, but I was told to literally add it to the steeping tea.

LSD, IME pod good pod tea is very dark brown and the more opaque the better. The best tea is also so bitter I can't drink it without holding my nose and even then I gag sometimes.

This all breaks down to how much water and pod extract in the glass of course, but for an example, five pods (nine inch circumference) brewed into about 12 ounces of water ended up with a brew like described above that would be too much for a first timer

I don't add lemon juice because it's disgusting, and yeah taking dxm would potentiate it and you don't really need much

Dxm is one of the nastiest chemicals ever, adding it to the tea is a foul, horrible idea and I just puked

It's possible that I'm using too much water..or that the pods I previously had just weren't very potent. I just got a new shipment so we'll see how that goes. Does anyone know the for sure temperature morphine would actually start to be destroyed at? I have a thermometer I could use in the water to be safe.

Oh one more question, I can never think of everything at once. But basically, I hear people saying to remove the water from heat and "steep" it for a half hour, but I also hear people say to "simmer" it for that time. So which is better? My understanding is that they are 2 very different things. Basically, my question is, after I add the pods to the near boiling water, should I use little heat or no heat at all?

^
I find the bes way for dried pods is too hard boil them for a few minutes , then steep 30 minutes

for fresh pods i prefer a 20-30 min simmer or even better a cold steep which leads to a less potent brew but cleaner high and the left over material can be redone for 2 times

so i guesss it depenends on te kind of pods you have LSD

I know some people boil it to 'Clean' it but that is a rare reason. 'Clean' meaning, to kill any bacteria/germs etc... I'm not saying that's why most people do it, but i have heard a few folks say that.

When i do make the tea, i don't boil, i just use cold water and shake and soak for a god 30 minutes. Although i prefer the feel of the tea it's so much cheaper to put the grounds in apple juice and chug. As i am sure most of you know that you don't need as many grounds if you eat/chug them. But, the tea is so much easier to get down.

I just enjoyed a nice cuppa grounds. Feeling nice. but, my tolerance must be climbing because i don't feel as good as i used to on pods, but I'm sure oxy and fent have a lot to do with that. But, i only have that available for about 8-11 days a month.

Do most of you use a grinder? I need to get a new one, mine isn't getting those little long pieces of pod cut up like i would like it to. I've started sifting my grounds just to get those funky little pieces out. Ugh.

I still can't believe i can buy pods. I was just about to mentioned the vendor in that previous sentence but realized we can't do that. But, i still can't believe how easy it is to get pods or shit, even how easy it is to just go to the market and get some seeds and get good and high. That is, if you find the good seeds out there, that aren't washed a lot. I don't do seed tea that often but the seeds i use in this area are so strong, i can't believe it!

Ok pods must be kicking in, I'm rambling LOL. Sorry

RPG
PeyoteVisions said:
^
What is more effective about boiling them before steeping them, I was under the impression that they didn't need to be that hot?

Pod Tea and itches

I have chronic pain and use hydrocodone 10/325 (among many other medicines) and I get at least a little itch from 20mg or more. I just started drinking PPT after reading so much about it here and I have excellent results as far as analgesia and I get a pretty good feeling off of it but no itches. The pod tea I've made a few times feels like well over 20mg worth of hydrocodone to me but I have almost no itch whatsoever... have other people found equivalent amounts of pod tea to be less itchy then hydrocodone? Any hypotheses as to why this is not making me itch? (Could it mean less or more of a certain alkaloid or something?) I feel great from the tea and have better sleep than I've had in 6 months since I stopped taking oxycontin, so thanks to all those who have elucidated their experiences with the tea!

Yea the "tea" can do that to you it drove me so nuts i actually had to go and jump in my pool ..

hmm, i never EVER get the itches from poppy pod tea. I used to get itches frm oxy and other opiates but i don't anymore, strange but yea.. I never got the itches from pods though.

Anyone know anything good to battle the sedate feeling of ppt? Normally i use Tramadol to combat the slight sedate feeling of ppt but i don't have any right now. Coffee works for about 30 minutes and than it fizzles.

Is there anything else, non-opiate that can help with the lazy feeling of ppt? I guess i should make a thread and ask that.

This is why i prefer oxy but don't have access to that so I'm on my old standby ppt. I love the amped feeling i get from oxy but pods tend to make me lag.

RPG

That's a good question, Roxi, and I would be open to suggestions as well. I am on other medications that can be sedating so if anyone has good advice to combat the sedation of PPT outside of just caffeine, I'd be interested.

Merged in a question about itching on pod tea.

Is there anything else, non-opiate that can help with the lazy feeling of ppt? I guess i should make a thread and ask that.

Keep it in here. Any stimulant would do the trick, but lowish doses so that you don't overpower the feelings you want from the pods.

Caffeine I've heard can increase the itches in some people.

Could it mean less or more of a certain alkaloid or something?

Interesting... I had the same thing; I didn't get too itchy off my pod tea even though I was nicely high. Codeine makes me really itchy though.

oh yea, i forgot that.. Codeine is the only opiate that gives me the itches. But, never take that stuff.. wouldn't feel it anyway now. Never liked it much.

RPG

Status
Not open for further replies.