Your top 5 concerts

In no particular order:

Friday 19 September 2008 - Mogwai @ Starlight Ballroom in Philly
Friday 31 October 2008 - of Montreal & Gang Gang Dance @ The Electric Factory in Philly (Candyflipped)
Tuesday 12 May 2009 - Animal Collective In Philly @ The Electric Factory
Sunday 16 January 2011 - Mister Heavenly @ The Bowery Ballroom in NYC
Tuesday 3 November 2009 - Islands @ The First Unitarian Church in Philly (wound up on stage and found pictures of me floating around the internet hah)

=]

1. The Who - First concert. I think it was 'It's Hard' tour.

2. Sonic Youth / Stereolab- Bumming around Europe for two weeks. First time in Europe. This was in Berlin Germany.

3. Van Halen - 1984 tour. With David LEE Roth. Thank you very much.

4. Sebadoh. Milwaukee Wi. Legendary line-up of Lou, Eric., and Jason.

5. Any Jesus Lizard show I've ever attended has been what rock n roll is really all about. Seen lot's of great GBV shows too and those rate at the top also.

LUCKY I would kill for some live Sebadoh.

In no particular order:

Friday 19 September 2008 - Mogwai @ Starlight Ballroom in Philly
Friday 31 October 2008 - of Montreal & Gang Gang Dance @ The Electric Factory in Philly (Candyflipped)
Tuesday 12 May 2009 - Animal Collective In Philly @ The Electric Factory
Sunday 16 January 2011 - Mister Heavenly @ The Bowery Ballroom in NYC
Tuesday 3 November 2009 - Islands @ The First Unitarian Church in Philly (wound up on stage and found pictures of me floating around the internet hah)

Hey you've been to some good shows!=D

Tool - Lateralus tour Wollongong Australia 01-02?
RATM - Sydney Big Day Out 08
Deftones - Sydney 2011
The Prodigy - Sydney Future Music Festival 2011
The Chemical Brothers - Sydney Entertainment Centre 2011
Digitalism - Sydney Field Day festival 2008 (made even better thanks to some the best beans I've ever had.

Sum 41 - Brisbane Soundwave 2011
Stone Sour - Brisbane Soundwave 2011
Iron Maiden - Brisbane Soundwave 2011
Slayer - Brisbane Soundwave 2011
Katy Perry - Brisbane Entertainment Center 15.5.2011

1. Deftones
2. Deftones
3. Deftones
4. Deftones
5. Deftones

Seen them about 14 times now, white pony being the most energetic era for chino, for obvious reasons!! lol Love the current resurgance of the awesome energy since chino started taking care of himself and isnt all fat and seems to be off the heavy heavy drugs, all we need now is for chi to get well!!!

My number one spot belongs to a Jeff Mangum concert I hope to attend whenever he gets around to my part of the country. His website said he was hoping to hit a lot of smaller venues across America, so hopefully that means "The Waiting Room" in Omaha, Nebraska. I don't wanna travel halfway across the country to see him...but dammit, I will.

Number two belongs to either The Black Keys or High on Fire.

3-5 goes to the Foo Fighters. I don't love their music, but Dave Grohl is one helluva performer. That guy really gives it his all.

Iron Maiden - Brisbane Soundwave 2011

This is easily my one of my top concert's as well, absolutely amazing show :)

1. Iron Maiden - Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany 2010 - Seeing one of my all time favourite bands take the stage in the heartland of metal culture was a unique and once in a lifetime experience. The band played an amazing set that night, the sound quality was perfect and they were firing on all cylinders. Bruce Dickinson's energy carried over to the crowd and the 75,000 strong crowd was whipped in to a frenzy. One of the best moments of my life and my inspiration to be a performer.

2. Megadeth - Riverstage, Brisbane, Australia 2009 - Once again this is one of my favourite bands and this concert was an excellent display of the talent they possess. Everything about this night was great, at the time I lived about 20 minutes from the venue, so it was an easy walk there and back with our crew, the weather was perfect, the LSD was good and the crowd was insane.

3. Overkill - Wacken Open Air, Wacken, Germany 2010 - This show was one of the highlights of my time overseas, both for the frenetic show but on by the band and the amazing combination of nature and human to create one of the most amazing things I've ever seen. It had rained fairly heavily the first day of the festival, but it was typical European summer for the next 2. When Overkill played on day 4, the ground had dried out considerably and it was very, very dusty. During Rotten to the Core, a circle pit kicked up and the sheer force of it kicked up a dust twister. I was stunned by it and to this day it still strikes me everytime I hear that song.

4. Devin Townsend Project - Jaromer, Czech Republic, 2010 - Can you imagine watching Devin Townsend summon a rainstorm? I never could, but when he played at Brutal Assault their had been a storm building all day. He came on at about 10:00 - 11:00 and after taking the stage and greeting the crowd they kicked into Addicted. Right on time with old Heavy Devy strumming the first notes the skies opend up and poured down :) It was a surreal and breathtaking experience and one that I will never forget :)

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FpBhIBLFmWE - Here's some footage I found on YouTube. Thankfully someone caught this :)

5. Gojira - Brutal Assault - Jaromer, Czech Republic, 2010 - Seeing these guys live was a dream come true for me as I have been following them since they first started as Godzilla :) They played just as the sun was going down and the light show they put on was amazing, not to mention the amazing music played by the band. It was a picturesque, amazing moment, one that I will never forget :)

wow hard thread :/

Morrissey - The Fillmore Auditorium, Denver CO 2006
Closest I'll ever come to seeing The Smiths, and I touched him and kissed the back of his hand and took his sweat into my body and dutifully received The Host. I skipped school the next day and just cried. My mom called my therapist.

Skinny Puppy - The Ogden, Denver CO 2006
I did a shit ton of speed and had a free ticket to this show without having heard a single Skinny Puppy song. I nearly had a brain hemorrhage and spent the evening clawing at some girl in front of me trying to fuck her brains out. I racked up 500 Skinny Puppy listens within the next two weeks.

Yeah Yeah Yeahs - The Fillmore Auditorium, Denver CO 2006
This was my 17th birthday present to myself, I got really drunk and spent the day rolling around downtown and playing hide and seek and making out. Some girls had to leave early and gave me their VIP passes, and I met Karen O and kissed her on the face. A perfectly lovely time.

Iggy Pop and The Stooges - The Fillmore Auditorium, Denver CO 2006
The Fillmore is my favourite venue I've ever been to. I went with one of my best friends. It was loud. I danced.

Queens of the Stone Age - Pepsi Center, Denver CO 2006
They opened for NIN. I was on drugs and Josh Homme was wild and dangerous and sexy pirate. I've only been to two arena shows, but this one is def up there.

I saw all of these shows in the same month. I was broke as fuck at the end of it.

honorable mention goes to RATM in New Orleans 2007, and Dax Riggs in New Orleans at house of blues.

1. Ministry (2002? Not sure about the year, but they started with 'Reload' and I almost had an instant orgasm)
2. The National (just last night... Oh man, what an AMAZING show!! Unforgettable!)
3. Wye Oak (2011 - had never heard of them until this year, and they are just so powerful live, must be seen, especially in a small venue)
4. Arcade Fire (2010 & 2011 - do I need to say anything more? These guys were fucking BORN on stage)
5. Sonic Youth (2007 - glorious, mean, enraged, just great)

- All in Montreal... we're so lucky here!

Last edited:
8/12/11 ekoostik hookah - bear's picnic, laurelton, pa
october 2010 - melvin seals - first unitarian church, philly
7/10/10 furthur - mann center of arts, philly
7/3/11 cornmeal - nelson ledges quarry park, garrettsville, oh
7/15/09 ratdog - penn's peak , jim throrpe, pa

First Unitarian is probably my favorite venue of them all. Mainly the basement, though I have seen shows in almost every room in that place.

I don't remember the dates being that I was super stoned for all of the concerts I have ever been to.

Tool at the Gorge in Washington State. One of the best outdoor venues in the world IMO.

Thievery Corporation at Coachella.

Bonobo in Seattle forgot the name of the venue.

NIN at the Gorge.

Paul McCartney Coachella

Pantera-Far Beyond Driven tour
Type O negative-October Rust tour
St. Vitus- Their first tour in years at Double Door
The Rolling Stones at Comiskey Park- I got to sit in somewhere in the first 15 rows
The Who/Robert Plant

Dax Riggs is great. I just got a copy of Agents of Oblivion and have been playing non stop since. BTW I got to see Deadboy and the Elephantmen with Wolfmother at the Metro, the lead singer of Disturbed was there and he kept looking at me like he knew me.

may 2009 - nin at the gorge in washington... i've seen nin plenty of times, but this was awesome because there was a little viewing platform above the stage where i watched the show from.

spring 2000 - smashing pumpkins at kent state gymnasium... it was my first concert and pretty awesome.

july 2011 - RATM and muse at the la coliseum... i've wanted to see rage for years, so that alone would have made the show. but muse also put on a pretty epic performance.

july 2004 - rolling rock town fair in latrobe, PA... the lineup was pretty meh, but i had been raining for a few days before the show and the whole area was a giant mud pit. people were wrestling in the mud, throwing mud, sliding down the hills and just generally having tons of fun.

i'll have to think of a 5th and add it later.