Your top 5 concerts

1. 311 - 1997 charlotte, nc (only cuz it was my first show and they opened with my favorite song)
2. 311 - halloween 1999, atlanta (if anyone's seen the ETSD 2 dvd they put out, this concert is on it....also at the tabernacle, a place DD mentioned)
3. 311/incubus - 2000, atlanta (dropped a pill in the parking lot and didn't start rolling till i got in the car to drive home. 1st concert with my now-husband and very special but not "the best")
4. beastie boys - 1995, atlanta (last concert i saw at the omni before they imploded it)
5. nickelback - 2007, atlanta (don't laugh....they fucking rocked)

Last edited:
hippyflippy said:
the mars volta, Amputechture o3 30 07- this was at the catalyst in santa cruz... the next night they were playing berekely which i had two tickets to, got em months in advance when it was only like a 4 show tour.... but they kept announcing shows under a different name and such, so this was announced two days before the friday it was on.... i told my friend, lets go a day early, and TRY to get tickets, never thought it would happen, but before we left met someone on the message boards with two extra tickets, got his number, and hoped it wouldnt fall through when we got there..... well, we did got the tickets, went to get some coffee so i could put some sugar cubes in em and went into the show.... it was a small ass club, was RIGHT up front, dead center, tripping out of my mind! One of the most amazing shows i have ever witnessed, the next night couldnt compare, cuz after the show was over and we ate and were walking in Santa Cruz, we went back to the club, and got to fucking meet Omar Rodriguez Lopez! lol peaking was intense to say the least

this show was intense! i was there...for about 2 min during "Day of the Baphomets" i actually blacked out from a strange mix of chemicals and overexhaustion, my friend had to hold me up :! twas an amazing show though, i remember it was the first time i had heard some of the new bedlam material which blew me away :D

Wow this is kindda hard and i feel like I'm forgetting some memoriable nights, guess I'll come back and post about em when I remember...but anyway...
1) Tool - Coachella '06? - FIrst time I saw one of my favorite bands live...and holy shit it was amazing to say the least.
2) Dredg @ the roxy on new year's eve 03 - Can't think of any better way to start off the new year than with one of my favorite bands, dredg :)
3) A Perfect Circle/The Mars Volta - Can't remember the year, it was after 13th step came out at the long beach arena. It was very memorable because not only was I very into APC at the time, but it was also the first time I saw TMV right when I started getting into them.
4) Tool (at the staples center after 10000 days) - It was the first time they ever played "Wings for mary" live...I remember maynard just walked off stage at the start because he was so emotional about it or something...anyway it was one hell of a show with an awesome laser display.
5) #5 i will leave as an open slot in case I remember some fantastic show I'm forgetting about, or if I ever see Radiohead live ;)

1. Shining Stars Fest in June 2004 The best festival experience of my life
2. 10klf 2006 This fest is insanity at it's best, attend at all costs
3. Widespread panic three day run in July 2005 (kind of blurred together, amazing band)
4. SCI Feb. of 2004 It's String Cheese Incident, what more can I say?
5. TranSiberian Orchestra Dec. 2005 These guys are fuckin sick as hell, I highly recommend it to anyone who likes music, therefore all you fuckers.

1. Anger Management 3 (2005, West Palm Beach, FL) - Eminem, D12, 50 Cent, G-Unit
2. Anger Management 2 (2002, Sunrise, FL) - Eminem, Ludacris, Xzibit, Papa Roach, Executioners
3. Roc The Mic (2003?, Sunrise, FL) - 50 Cent, G-Unit, Busta Rhymes, Chingy (lol)
4. Hot Boy$, Too $hort (1999, Milwaukee, WI)

I think thats the only concerts I've been to. Hopefully I can get to one of the Rock The Bells shows this year. That line-up is just MONSTROUS.

In no particular order, the awesomeness for each was unbelievable:
1.minus the bear--nov '09: jeez, these guys have the coolest, tightest jams and just played so well, 2c-i made it orgasmically good
2. Yo la tengo--jan '11: They spun a wheel to choose a preset concert at random; landed on songs with 'S')all their best ones), I was front row and watched all of Ira's cool guitar tricks with fervor. A noise bath at parts. the band is a husband/wife duo +1 and going on 25+ years of marriage. (5htp +cannabis ftw)
3. deerhunter--jan '10( my God, Brad cox/Lockett Pundt for shoegazy jammy excellence. I called out the song they decided to play as an encore. sunday night to an intimate and very friendly crowd; lot of love and jwh cig breaks out back helped)
4. Radiohead--jun '08 Mind blowing excellence from a 3 hour set with a crowd of 30 grand, after a day at an amusement park, dancing with my girl, watching people trip out under a concurrent electrical storm...absolutely amazing
5. Gifts From Enola: Missed tiesto for this, but the coolest guys ever, saw these guys in Durham, made quick friends sharing experiences over my cigs. They gave us beer too later. They'll also play a show for us come fall in my friends basement-holla! (best concert experience sober?) pure loud post harcore/post rock. yea, these guys:
http://hangout.altsounds.com/geek/g...1511145819_312769280819_4643424_5740578_n.jpg

Radiohead (8/27/06 san diego

Nine Inch Nails

Beck

Muse

Queens of the Stone Age

1. Sigur Ros
2. The Black Atlantic
3. Jonsi
4. Massive Attack
5. Tracey Chapman

mewithoutYou -- 2007, Atlanta (with Thrice and Brand New)
The Dear Hunter -- 2009, Los Angeles (with mewithoutYou)
Fang Island -- 2010, Los Angeles (with Red Sparowes)
Bon Iver -- 2008, Los Angeles (with A.A. Bondy)
Fleet Foxes -- 2009, Los Angeles

Last edited:
Aww, I forgot about Bon Iver! They should definitely be in there!

Fleet Foxes were great too :)

Hmm, there's a few which spring to mind. But it's subject to change. In no particular order.

The Gossip at some random small club in London back in 2001. Bangs were the headliners, but The Gossip stole the show with their ferocious approach at tackling their songs live. Oh, and Beth stripping down to her underwear and running around the room was certainly an eye opener. =D

Le Tigre at The Garage (or whatever it's called now) back in 2001? possibly 2000. The intimacy between the band and the audience was so amazing I almost cried like a school girl at varying points. Oh, and they rocked.

The Kills at The Astoria 2002? either supposrting Le Tigre or Sleater-Kinney. I forget. But the chemistry between those two was amazing. I couldn't believe just one dude and his guitar, a drum machine, and a supercool chick babbling over a mic could affect me so much, but it did.

Sleater-Kinney/Cat Power playing at A Nice Weekend In London in 1999 (celebrating the 10th anniversary of Matador records). This was the first time I saw either bands live.

The Vaselines at The Scala 2010. I went with another bler, and again, I almost cried during the set. Especially when they played Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam. I love intimate shows, and this was one of them. There was even some crowd surfing action during Son Of A Gun which made me truly smile (and drop the person in question =D).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlN7zgPjIGc

The Vaselines at The Scala 2010. I went with another bler, and again, I almost cried during the set. Especially when they played Jesus Wants Me For A Sunbeam. I love intimate shows, and this was one of them. There was even some crowd surfing action during Son Of A Gun which made me truly smile (and drop the person in question =D).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mlN7zgPjIGc

I was about to say I'd been at that gig, but I saw them this year at Xoyo. Which is kinda good because it would be a shame to have been at the same (small) venue and not seen each other :)

You saw a Jonsi solo? Please DEETS. What was it like?

Yep, at the Forum in London...if I'm honest, I don't like that venue but regardless, he was brilliant...when he plays there's utter silence in the audience - the instrumentals were hypnotic...he uses some pretty decent effects too...which aren't usually my thing but it suited his music so well <3

1. Opeth/Enslaved (shitty band) at the 9:30 club in 2009
2. Dream Theater/Opeth/3/Between the Buried and Me at the DAR Constitution Hall in 2008

3. Muse/Silversun Pickups at the USA Center in 2010
4. Pixies at the The Rave in 2011
5. Of Montreal at the U of Wisconsin - Madison Union South in 2011

None of these are near my favorites... but were all completely fun. REALLY looking forward the mars volta concert I'll be attending this summer... at the top of my list to see are Grizzly Bear, Deerhunter, Radiohead... WISH I could have seen slint before the break up. :(

Ive been to so many gigs it is really hard to pick a favourite 4.

First concert i went to was Metallica in 04 which was epic and amazing.

I think in 05 i saw Nightwish being front row was awesome in the Tarja era.

I did travel to Japan in 2009 to the Loud Park Festival and saw multiple bands. Steel Panther stood out as id love the music and the gig was on my birthday.

Seeing Megadeth and Slayer 10 days before i went to Japan was pretty good also.

Upto and recently seeing Stone Sour live was great! that was earlier this year.

I couldn't say if these were the 5 best concerts I have been to, but they were the first 5 that sprung to mind so they are memorable (and I was probably too fucked at some of the others ;) )

Dire Straits 1992- I went along because my best mate had a spare ticket and came away a massive fan.

Violent Femmes supported by Nirvana- Didn't have a ticket but they played at Fisherman's Wharf so we pooled our money and hired a houseboat and moored out the front where from the top deck we could see the stage. Got smashed underage and to be honest can't remember much after Nirvana.

Soundgarden BDO 1994- They headlined a festival that contained Bjork, The Ramones and Smashing Pumpkins but they stole the show by a long way. Ruined a brand new pair of Dr Martens in a muddy mosh pit. :(

Angus and Julia Stone 2009- Flew my girlfriend up to Byron Bay for a first date. We camped next to the beach and had front row seats in an intimate venue that would be lucky to hold 400 people. We held hands the whole concert that was beautiful and spellbinding, before heading back to the beach where we drank hot chocolate wrapped in a blanket and watched the stars. If I was to ever have a Groundhog Day I would want that day to be it.

Hey Rosetta 2009- We were camping at the Woodford Festival and had just dropped some of the best molly (perhaps the last of the best) and were wondering around as we noticed a massive electrical storm brewing. We ran into some mad random who was gibbering about this cool band from canada so we decided to shelter from the rain in their tent. We scored a table and chairs just as we started to peak and the night sky erupted into one of Qld's wild summer storms. Hey Rosetta started and we were both blown away. Strings, horns and moving lyrics... all while losing our minds as the sky flashed in fury. Fans for life after that show.

Notable mentions include Regurgitator at the Playroom and Rollins Band on my first tab.