• 🇳🇿 🇲🇲 🇯🇵 🇨🇳 🇦🇺 🇦🇶 🇮🇳
    Australian & Asian
    Drug Discussion

Welcome Guest!
    Posting Rules Bluelight Rules
  • AADD Moderators: swilow | Vagabond696

TOUR - Rage Against the Machine 08 Tour!

This will probably be one of those concerts where I would love to go but am not going to spend $2000 for a ticket on eBay. But seeing is I'm seeing Bad Religion in November I can die happy anyway.

THANKS SAMANDHI!

Edited topic to fit new guidelines. Please feel free to discuss this event BUT don't make me clean the thread up of off topic BS.

Ta!

<3

I only have info on the Melb show...

Jan27th @Festival Hall Tix on sale Sept 28th (i think) If anyone can dig up the other states info it would be much welcome :)

RAGE!!! OMFG!! Best fucking guitarist matched by one of the most awesome vocalists of the last 20 years! Ever seen a live show of theirs that hasn't been going fucking crazy? Because I sure haven't!

These gigs will go fucking off! Too bad I'm going to miss them because I'll be in another country! SOO devestated.....

On a side note: VT I'm very impressed, despite your political views you still can love a rocking band when you see one, and lets face it Rage aren't even the slightest apolitical.. Much respect dude! :)

smashing.jpg

Whats with only playing 2 shows? Thats so ghey. Or is it so they can play BDO's as well?

Hooray for starting rumours! :D

^ Haha the dates are kind of suspect :)

I'm really going to try to get a ticket to this...

If any of you know a scalper please do the humane thing and sedate them before you kill them.

i'm pretty sure rage will be doing BDO.

fuck scalpers.

^It's not that hard to buy a ticket when they're released..... Scalpers are for slackarse's. Just jump on the net and keep hitting refresh!

^ Word.

I think I'm going to have to inflict another BDO on myself :\

Merk said:
shit! starfalls if the date has changed to the 27th like u said and like what sony says that would suck majorly, cos it would collide with Rainbow Serpent festival >_<!!!#)*$U#$

http://www.sonybmg.com.au/news/details.do;.tomcat2?newsId=20030829004999

but according to this site it's suppose to be on the 30th Jan http://www.fasterlouder.com.au/news/local/10520/Rage-Against-the-Machine-tour-announced.htm

bleh whatever i'll definately be goin to the sydney (22nd jan) show as well :D!!!

Im pretty sure its the 27th...was in yesterdays herald sun.

chopped_chimp said:
^It's not that hard to buy a ticket when they're released..... Scalpers are for slackarse's. Just jump on the net and keep hitting refresh!

that doesn't work. ask any TOOL fan...

but we camped out and were first in line and luckily just got gold passes 3d row ftw :D!

^ agreed that Tool thing was absolute shenanigans, same thing happened with chili peppers with Ticketek

I hit the refresh button more times in that session then I probably have in my entire life

if i can get tickets i'll be flying down to sydney for this after Big Day Out. cant wait, was in Sydney this year for Tool and had a great time

eggman88888 said:
^ agreed that Tool thing was absolute shenanigans, same thing happened with chili peppers with Ticketek

I hit the refresh button more times in that session then I probably have in my entire life

The ticketek website is fucked in general. We tried tyo get JT tix and everytime we refreshed the bastard would time out and make us log in again!!! By the time we did all the tickets were gone and we had three people online doing it :! Even though theres a 3rd Jt he can get stuffed...unless magical tix appear i am no longer trying to buy them or any other concert on line.

If Rage Against The Machine do more than one show...MAYBE i will consider a fight for a ticket.

Merk: the date Jan 27th IS correct! :\

chopped_chimp said:

Unfortunately not always the easiest thing to do when one is employed in an industry that doesn't have internet access. You know, like most of the blue collar workers in Australia, some of which actually like to go see bands too. Tickets are usually released at 9:00 am on a week day.

Scalpers are the scum of the fucking earth.

And it is the 9am releases that let down a lot of 9-5 workers and those who are priviledge to get prior release tix :\

Im curious to see how tix sales go for this.

*starfalls69* said:
Im curious to see how tix sales go for this.

within about 4 minutes is my guess

I have already seen RATM twice so I wont be too upset if I miss them, but I will at least try to grab some tix

lostpunk5545 said:
Unfortunately not always the easiest thing to do when one is employed in an industry that doesn't have internet access. You know, like most of the blue collar workers in Australia, some of which actually like to go see bands too. Tickets are usually released at 9:00 am on a week day.

Scalpers are the scum of the fucking earth.

Good point. I guess I've always been able to access the net at 9am and usually try to get them in the presale anyway. Personally, I've never had a problem but I can see how some might have trouble.

You can't scalp tickets now in queensland anyway. You can still auction them but can't ask more than 10% or something like that. The Splendour way is the best IMO. They put your name on the ticket and you have to show ID at the gate.

In other news...Iron Maiden go on presale tomorrow at....NOON.