• LAVA Moderator: Mysterier

Art Post some ART that you're feeling today - and why?

^^ Mysterie, so pleasing to look at - she seems to combine many naturally perceived structures into one abstract image.

Hyper-Reality, by Keiichi Matsuda

tumblr_nbtfo5jy5a1syl0vao1_500.jpg

Kailua Noon - Pegge Hopper

I sometimes dream that all buildings will be planted up like this, even if not quite so artistically. Imagine whole streets of buildings covered in plants and flowers - amazing.

mhNaS4E.jpg

WOW.

Did not think it was real till you responded to another lad saying it was so.
Beautiful. Cities and urban areas need more of this.

Right!? That truly blew my mind. I’d love love love to see something like that in downtown LA. We can dream :)

366306.JPG

“I don’t wear a Tank watch to tell the time. Actually I never even wind it” – Andy Warhol

sauce!

That's some updated gummo shit, Joe. I dig.

I've just been feeling Moon Patrol's stuff lately. No particular reason than more just feeling it and finding his aesthetic pleasant.

unnamed-3_83ab4176-cf83-428c-baf0-ab53a01d7605.jpg

Good call on the Black Moth Super Rainbow connection, Joe. Hadn't thought of that!

I've been digging on Scott Listfield's stuff for awhile now:

scott-listfield-09.jpg

LondonBlur.jpg

scottistfield12_Maneater_10x10in-1024x1024.jpg

A couple of pieces by the legendary Beryl Cook, who ran a guest house with her husband, had no formal art training and started painting the local scenes around her in her thirties

She sadly departed nearly 10 years ago
I've loved her work since I was a teenager

WUzyptt.jpg

dJom10n.jpg

okay, so i'm not feeling this right now but i was some time last year - dope af

I am feeling this today (or pretty much any other day) because I think it captures how equally beautiful and threatening the forces of nature are. And also just how static it seems, almost as if time itself has been frozen, yet there seems to be a tension there just waiting to erupt. I don't know, this painting just touches something within me everytime I look at it.

Das Eismeer by Caspar David Friedrich

Caspar_David_Friedrich_-_Das_Eismeer_-_Hamburger_Kunsthalle_-_02.jpg